“RELAXING , PEACEFULL , AND FUN.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McKenzie Bridge
Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in McKenzie Bridge
Springfield, Oregon
“RELAXING , PEACEFULL , AND FUN.”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

My children and I love this place, the trails with great views ,sounds of nature and the river, places to B.b.Q. and enjoy your night sleep ,we swim in the hot springs pool then there comy bed will envite a good nights rest. we found the wedding planer Sandy to be most helpfull and she greets each one of us with a smile my childrens ages are 11, 13, & 15. the kids love seeing her, because she ask them quistionslike how was the pool and remenbers there names. enjoy this place my family and Ido.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We visited Belknap 9 years ago and found it delightful and well worth the money. This time we brought our son and daughter-in-law from England, expecting it to again be lovely. We should have looked at Trip Advisor before we booked! There is so much to say.... We had a room on the second floor overlooking the river. Beautiful view. Filthy,mildewed-smelling carpets, broken A/C, ONE flimsy (and I mean they don't make them more lightweight) plastic "glass' in the bathroom,one teeny soap, no shower cap,shampoo or conditioner- and i must take a detour here: I went down to the desk and asked for more glasses, soap and shampoo-conditioner. The manager woman informed me that I did NOT NEED those because "there is jail-soap in the shower, and jail-shampoo" (!!!) Indeed the shower had dispensers, but I told her "I was thinking of using the tub." More flimsy glasses (reluctantly) but no shampoo, etc. She sent someone up to look at the A/C and he concluded that it IS working! We have these very units in our house and the thing was blowing hardly any air and it was a bit cool- not cold. It was in the 90's that week. I then asked for another room. She agreed that we could switch rooms the next day. New room: A/C much better, carpets still stinky, and we were happier until I pulled down the bedspread and found a big BLOODSTAIN on the inside of the bedspread!! It had been laundered, but it was quite dark still. And i haven't even gotten to the "breakfast". No juice, no milk, no cold(-or any other kind) cereal. Muffins wrapped in cellophane and no place to heat them. Gross! A few mushy red delicious apples and some bananas. Luckily there were bagels and a toaster and some creamcheese packets. So I did the bagel and a banana....The coffee could only be had in paper cups and for some reason, the predominant taste of the coffee was paper cup.(this was our daughter-in-law's main complaint...along with the disgusting muffins.) Please, for the money, can't we have glass coffee cups- maybe a coffee maker in our room, maybe glass glasses for the room? Whenever I asked for something,(and I did not ask for any of those items) the female manager ARGUED with me!! At one point when I said that our original room "is a mess" she replied, "Oh come on, it isn't that bad!" (!!!!!!!!) Never a "We apologize" or even, "we'll do our best to fix it." There was a new young man there who obviously HAD been exposed to the hospitality industry; he was very sweet and tried to be helpful, but the manager lady's behavior eclipsed his best efforts. We were told locally that this woman is a relative of the owner who is in his 70's and lives in Portland. We are trying to find his name so we can tell him what's going on before he loses his hotel customers. Any ideas? The gardens are more beautiful than ever, so just stop for a nice walk-around and continue on your way. Polly Jamison and Peter Lambert, Eugene, OR

Room Tip: be sure to get river-view, and CHECK the room for proper A/C, clean bedding and enough plastic cups
16 Thank Polly J
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This was my first time at Belknap. My husband and his family used to go to Belknap on a regular basis for family RV vacations. We stayed in the lodge - 3rd floor. Great room - spacious and quiet.

It was so relaxing at Belknap. Other guests were nice & quiet. Not a noisy congested place like some vacation spots. The hot spring pools are awesome. The secret garden is cool.

We played golf nearby at Tookatee - that was great too.

Tips: The curtains aren't heavy enough to keep out light in the a.m., so if light bothers you, make sure to bring an eye patch for sleeping.

The gal at the front desk was very sweet. I didn't realize that you can't get cell service or anything at Belknap. I hadn't let my family know where I was, so she kindly placed a call for me.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LeannainOregon
Portland, OR
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed at Tent site 6 - the drive up one. There was construction and garbage within feet of our unmarked "campsite". The upper pool is gross and so are the bathrooms. The toilet in the upper women's bathroom overflowed regularly. The upper area is very trashy. If you are going to go here, camp at the walk in tent sites and use the lower pool. They are the nicest and most serene. The walking trails and the gardens are awesome. There was only one staff member who was rude out of the four we came across. The rest were very nice. We won't go back there again. I wish I would have read the reviews first.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jill J
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Great trip, over night plus the McKenzie raft trip. Cool people running the rafting, BUT, the lady at the desk was unnecessarily rude to customers.

6 Thank BlackTruffle
Reviewed August 20, 2011

If you're a motorhome enthusiast ---there are plenty of gorgeous campgrounds in this area at better prices. If you really need a warm dunk in a pool, pop in, but beware, the attitude is, "We don't need your business."

Staff appears new so there must have been a turn over. Must be a bad place to work if everyone is so unhappy and dumping that negativity in the customers.

I came despite the negative reviews thinking it couldn't be that bad---BUT IT IS THAT BAD!

• Stayed August 2011
16 Thank positivemind
Oregon
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I had a room in the Lodge. Carpet was so bad I kept my shoes on until I climbed into bed. No Micro or coffee in room, no TV. They "say" they have wifi in the lodge, but don't count on it.

Place was overran with people, parking around the lodge was hard to get.

Lots of activities for young families, swimming pool, hiking, fishing, rafting. This place also has campings sites, that I'm sure are cleaner than the rooms!

Beautiful area, so very much Oregon. This is not the place for mature adults. There are many places with cabins along the river that maybe a better choice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
The Wayfarer Resort
Shelter Cove Resort & Marina
Shelter Cove Resort & Marina
#1 of 3 in Crescent Lake

Been to Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens? Share your experiences!