All reviewsimperial riverdeschutes riverrafting companysweet potato friesraft tripcontinental breakfastfull kitchenwe've stayedroad triplodgerapidslodgingaccommodationsmthood
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in the Cattle Baron room. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, very relaxing after two weeks touring. Lovely to sit on the balcony to enjoy the view and the peace. Room very spacious and comfortable, lots of storage space. We thought the breakfast was disappointing though as it was supposed to be a deluxe breakfast but wasn't, and the breakfast room wasn't very congenial. But that's our only complaint, though I was disappointed that the beautiful rolltop desk shown in the video on the website was no longer there.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are very light with high vaulted ceilings
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Pros.- Stayed in Bakeoven Room for three nights in late Sept. My husband fishes but I don't. Nothing to do, but I had a good book, beautiful surroundings and beautiful weather. The room was spacious, clean and overlooked the river. Fridge and microwave. Good beds. Now for the Cons.-Sparse staff who were completely disinterested in us. When we arrived we went to desk and had to verbally interrupt the girl who was eating and working on computer. She was abrupt and seemed annoyed. Had to ask for directions to room, which were vague. Struggled to get through doors with luggage, which she ignored. Waitress at dinner was very helpful, pleasant and accommodating. The next day I went to lunch only to find that there was none. Spoke to another girl at desk who wasn't interested. Had to wait until dinner since there wasn't even a vending machine available. I was later informed by the bartender that I could have walked to a store up the hill. Wish someone had told me. I understand that the usual patrons here are fishermen and rafters, but, with the prices charged, one would expect at least some interest in the guests. Wonder who was in charge. Lack of interest soured what could have been a lovely experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 1newjerseytraveler
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Through the fall, I stay at Imperial just 3-4 times a month. I have never had a single problem, issue or complaint. It is one of my wife's favorite places to go also. One on my passions is fly fishing, but not hers. I ply fish and she enjoys the awesome grounds at the Imperial!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dane S
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Rooms nice, grounds wonderful, great river view. Food very good in restaurant. We got up early to fish, like 445am and they had a room accessible even that early for food and coffee for us. We love it there. Very peaceful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Imperial River Company hotel on four separate occasions. My most recent stay was September 2012. Unfortunately, it was not nearly as pleasant as my previous visits. At this time of year, most of the guests are steelhead fishers and most of us get up very early in the morning. There were three of us in our party and we rented two rooms (Rooms 3 and 4). These two are located near the stairs leading up to rooms on the second floor. Everytime someone walks past these two rooms, the noise will ,wake you or keep you awake. If you're looking to get a good night's sleep and hit the sack early, these two rooms should be avoided.

I've stayed in several of the other rooms and they have all been comfortable, clean and quiet. Rooms 3 and 4 are not good for getting a good night's sleep especially when there are lots of other people staying there, even though they are comfortable and clean.

That said, the dinners we have eaten there have been very good and the hotel staff sets up some food for the very early risers to grab a quick breakfast before heading off to stalk the steelhead.

Room Tip: Avoid booking Rooms 3 or 4 because the noise from other guests will keep you awake or wake you up everytime someone walks by.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends