“Great fun for the whole family!”

High Desert River Outfitters - Day Trips
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Maupin
More attraction details
Owner description: Regardless of your skill level, we have the right rafting trip for you on the Deschutes River, McKenzie River, North Santiam River, Klickitat River, Rogue River, Grande Ronde River, Upper Klamath River, or the Owyhee River. Start your next great Oregon Rafting adventure here, with one of our guided oregon rafting trips Our goal is to provide your family,church,corporate or any type group you might have with the finest possibe Oregon rafting or fishing trip. Our Oregon river raftng trips will provide you with memories to last a life time.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

High Desert River guides are very fun and entertaining. They are great instructors, and get the job done. I'm glad to say it would of been q good time without the rapids =]

2  Thank Coleman318

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My family and I have returned to HDRO twice (annually) since August 2009 and we've enjoyed a fine time. Expect to get drenched, especially if you sit in the bow (front) of the raft. You'll be provided with personal flotation devices and briefed on what to expect, how to respond, and what to do should you fall out of the raft. Respond promptly to the guide's instructions, and enjoy the ride! The scenery is photogenic, though I had only rare opportunities to reach for my camera. Protect your camera from water immersion with a housing or a sturdy plastic bag, because you'll be soaked. Photographers will be located at key points on the riverbank to take photos, which will be available to you after you return to HDRO. Unquestionably, an exciting experience for the family, teens and older.

1  Thank Sixgill
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Purchased my 1/2 day rafting trip on a groupon for this outfitter. Great value for the trip. It wasn't long enought to swim or jump off the cliffs there. My guide Nate was pretty intense but was knowledgeable about the town and history of the area. I would recommend this guide.

2  Thank waterskier_29
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Rafting the Deschutes is an annual outing for me and my friends. Gosh Oregon has the best outdoors activities. This river run offers rapids 1-4 and it is a blast. Every year I always call my spot (front left!!!) HDRO is the best river guide in Maupin, they keep you safe, and make sure you have a hell-of-a-ride!

We always do the half day, which includes lunch half way down the run. August is to me is the best time to go because the water has some time to warm after the winter Mt. Hood run off.

So, so, so much fun!!! Love HDRO!!!!!

1  Thank J Kimberly W
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Thank you High Desert Outfitters for an outstanding experience of rafting on the Deschutes.. We took the all day Classic trip. A super lunch was served at park on the river, Our wonderful guide, Ian, helped everyone enjoy the chalenges of the river.. We did a special hike up a side stream with rock water slides down after the hike. My grand kids couldn't get enough of this, My husband and son in law loved this, too. HDO equpmnent was top notch and well cared for. Every aspect of our trip--from my initial contact, the actual booking, the follow up confirmation and, of course, the trip itself was handled perfectly. I would recommend this company to anyone thinking about a raft trip on the Deschutes.

1  Thank trekkergal