“Cozy and comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Manzanita
Portland, OR
“Cozy and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2007

My wife and I have stayed at Coast Cabins twice, and each stay was a special experience. Manzanita is a charming little coastal town with super access to the beach and a small, but decent, selection of places to eat and shop.

Coast Cabins provides a tranquil and comfortable place to enjoy the relaxing ocean atmosphere on the Oregon Coast. Each cabin is beautifully appointed with fine linens, comfortable beds, a small kitchen, nice fixtures, and lovely artwork. Cozy is the operative word at this property, as the cabins are small, but whoever designed the floorplans was highly skilled in extracting the most from the available space. Likewise, the landscaping on the grounds is done to perfection. It is obvious that the owners take great pride in making their guests feel like they have their own piece of paradise.

While Coast Cabins does not have any dining facility (other than your own private kitchen), it is just a short walk down the main street to treasures such as the bakery "Bread and Ocean" and the wine bar "Vino".

Wireless internet access is available, although we experienced some intermittent connection problems during one of our stays. Leave the laptops at home, bring a book, and enjoy the peace and quiet. Dogs are welcome (for an additional fee) and pampered with their own doggie bed, bowls, and treats upon arrival.

The only minor drawback to staying at Coast Cabins is that it is a bit farther up from the beach than most of the other places in town. While that provides it with a quieter atmosphere, it also means that you'll have to walk for a few extra minutes before your feet touch the sand. This is a minor inconvenience as Manzanita is a great little town to walk through.

Manzanita is truly a gem on the Oregon coast, and Coast Cabins is a one of the best places to stay while visiting there.

• Liked — Peace, quiet, and comfort
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PlazMan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2007

I'm a complete inn/hotel snob...and this was by far one of the best places I've ever stayed at.

Absolutely loved the cabin and decor. Very modern and organic in a relaxing "zen" sort of way. This particular cabin is more like an apartment. Two levels, seperate dining room/living room. Great kitchen will all the good stuff. Bedroom & Bathroom upstairs.

My boyfriend and I stayed in cabin 5 that had it's own kitchen, sauna, and hot tub. The kitchen was great...we cooked both nights, and having a private hot tub was wonderful. This cabin even had the most amazing shower with 3 heads. It was blissful.

Can I say more...Oh, the King sized bed was super comfortable. And I loved the towel warmer in the bath!

Every detail seems to be attended to at this spot. Oh, and there is a great coffee shop across the street.

• Liked — Unique Decor, Privacy, Attention to Detail
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cordeliajsmith
Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2006

We were not sure what we were in store for when we booked this property. The website gave us an idea of what we were in store for but really what can it show? I was recovering from a surgery and needed a place that was quiet and pampering all at the same time and found it here. The room we originally wanted was not available on the nights we were there but we were assured that the room we ended up with was fabulous. We were not disappointed. We enjoyed being able to walk to town and down to the beach. The owners of the property also have a wine bar about about halfway into town that is intimate and relaxing. The people working there were most helpful assisting us with dinner recommendations and ideas about what to do during our visit. It was an amazing retreat and we cannot wait to return.

• Liked — the environment that is created
  • Disliked — small shower
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2006

I unfortunately cannot comment on the location or service at the Coast Cabins, although the cabins look very nice online. After deciding I would like to stay here for my first wedding anniversary with my husband, I called to check availability and possibly make a reservation only to have repeated calls go through to a voicemail that would not allow me to leave a message (I tried both the local and toll-free numbers). Finally, the following day I got through to a live person who confirmed the availability. I wanted to confirm between two inns with my husband, and once we officially decided we wanted to stay at Coast Cabins, I called back a couple hours later and got a different answering machine but was able to leave a message with my contact and reservation info. The message said you would be called back by the next day and when I did not hear from anyone, I assumed my reservation was set (I had asked that I please be called if they needed any additional information). Several days later I called back again just to be sure everything was OK and was told that they did not have my information anywhere and all the cabins were already booked! I was told that I should have just continued to call back until I talked to someone, but who has the time to continually follow up with an inn when I had already put in enough time trying to get in touch with them in the first place! It is a real shame that a location with such a great website does not have either online reservations or better customer service to handle reservations. The woman I talked to was unapologetic and instead told me that the gentleman that was on duty when I had left my message was in fact the owner himself - not very comforting news - and when I asked for a recommendation of somewhere else to stay, I was told that there were no other nicer places like theirs in Manzanita. It looks like a beautiful place, but from my initial communication with the Coast Cabins, I will not try and book here again for future trips. We are now staying at the Inn at Cannon Beach where I had fast, gracious service and was congratulated on my anniversary....the kind of service you would expect from a higher end inn!!

Stayed June 2006
7 Thank Amber_38
, Owner at Coast Cabins, responded to this review, June 23, 2006
We are saddened to read this unhappy review written by A TripAdvisor Member in St. Louis, MO who has not stayed with us.

Admittedly, it can be difficult to get a reservation with us in the summer as we only have 5 small, yet exquisite private cabins. The inn where this guest stayed instead has 48.

Like most hotels, we do require a credit card deposit for all reservations. Due to our small size, not taking some form of security (credit card or check deposits) to hold cabins could create a significant adverse effect on our operation. Our small size also means that we do not answer calls 24 hours a day. Both our toll free and local numbers go to the same voicemail when we are unavailable. Inquiries are returned daily in a timely manner and guests staying with us have an emergency contact number.

While our small size can create the occasional glitch when demand is high, in return our guests enjoy the elegance and intimacy that only a small property can provide.

Manzanita is a very small town with little commercial lodging. That said, we have a list of hotels both locally and around the Oregon Coast, which we refer people to when we are full. We are not affiliated with any other lodging property but do respect our inquiring guests taste and try to send them to places they would enjoy, not regret.

Congratulations to “weary in St. Louis” on your 1-year anniversary, and please accept our apologies that you were unable to stay with us.

We aim to provide a standard for lodging quality on the Northern Oregon Coast but do acknowledge that while we will please most guests (and potential guests) we simply cannot please everyone.

Pawel (pr. Paul) & Gary
Hosts
Coast Cabins

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2005

We found out about this little gem from friends. We were looking for a romantic place to spend our first anniversary... and this place was perfect!

You are a bit off from the beach, but the setting more than makes up for it. The cabin is cozy and is a terrific blend of rustic with modern features.

This is the type of place that you want to keep a secret because you know the popularity will make it hard for you to make reservations in the future. Luckily, we already made our reservations to go back next year!

• Stayed October 2005
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2005

We just got back from a long weekend (Memorial Day) at Coast Cabins. I can't say enough great things about this property. We stayed in cabin #3, which is not as secluded as the website would make you believe, but it was quiet and peaceful just the same.

The furnishings are very comfortable and European. All amenities were fantastic.

The grounds are incredible and worth a sit outside.

When we arrived windows were open to allow the wonderful coast air in. Soft, peaceful music was playing throughout the cabin--such a fantastic welcome!

The location is good; only a 10-minute (or less) walk to miles of beach. Shops and restaurants are within blocks.

Only drawback to Manzanita (NOT COAST CABINS) is that few businesses take Visa/Debit cards. This is a cash or check town. So blow the dust off of your checkbook.

Make sure you visit Vino--Coast Cabin's wine bar. We spent a couple evenings there. Very refreshing place for an aperitif. While it has a limited menu, the featured wines are wonderful.

I highly recommend Coast Cabins and this little jewel of a town on the Oregon Coast.

• Stayed May 2005
5 Thank KaceyB
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2004

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Coast Cabin to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We stayed in Cabin 1 because Cabin 3 was not available. Very impressive landscape. I'd recommend this place for couples wanting to have a romantic and relaxing get away. The interior and furniture of our cabin made me feel like I was somewhere in Europe. I love the privacy you get from having your own cabin. Everything we needed like restaurants and knick-knacks were all walking distance, oh even the beautiful beach. Unforgettable stay! Only thing missing in the cabin was an ironing board and iron. I'd share this to the management.

• Stayed July 2004
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manzanita
The Ocean Lodge
Garibaldi House Inn & Suites
Sunset Surf Motel
Sunset Surf Motel
#1 of 4 in Manzanita

Been to Coast Cabins? Share your experiences!