“Fab”
Review of Coast Cabins

Coast Cabins
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Manzanita
Reviewed November 29, 2009

Upon arrival we were greated by very friendly front desk staff who gave us a tour of the available cabins,we opted for cabin 3 and were not disapointed.
There are 5 cabins in total and whilst the plot of land they are situated on is not the biggest we found them all to be very well set out with lots of shrubbery and bamboo and strategically placed fencing which blended in perfectly.
Most have hot tubs and small bbq's next to them,wood and charcoal was also supplied by the owners,we found a grocery store just a short walk away which had everything you need.
We found the interior of cabin 3 to be very well laid out and comfortable,it was also spottless,the bedroom was on the upper floor and the bed was very comfortable with high end linens,and wardrobe space,the bathroom had a shower with twin head and very small basin,this was my only gripe,i think a bigger basin needs to be fitted here.
The kitchen area had everything you need,microwave/cooker/kettle/hot plate/sink and plenty of cupboard space if you were in for a longer stay.
Overall i think you may be a little cramped in this cabin if there more than 3 people staying.
We found this small resort in the heart of Manzanita an absolute joy,the owners have put a lot of effort into making this place what it is and they should be commended,we would return without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 4, 2009

I found Coast Cabins through an on-line search. Later I was told the property has a mention in this September's Sunset Magazine. I thought the cabins were described accurately and in great detail on their website. I was looking for a romantic, private get-away for our honeymoon. I was not disappointment. Our cabin (#2) was impeccably clean. It seems brand new. A previous review of this particular cabin complained about the ADA bathroom (there is a folding bench in the shower and accessibility bars on two walls around the toilet). I hardly found this offensive. The other review also mentioned loud noise from the freeway. This location is not near the highway. Any traffic noise comes from one of the main roads through Manzanita (Laneda Ave). I did not find this noise obtrusive. The simple solution is to close the well-insulated windows in the cabin. The owners have thought of every detail - coffee pot, complimentary coffee, coffee grinder, tea kettle, toaster, fridge, microwave, and industrial strength portable burner, dishes, utensils, etc, etc. All the amenities are listed on the website and they are top notch. The bed is very comfortable with a fantastic comforter, plush towels and bathrobes are provided. It is a free-standing unit so there isn't anyone to bother you like in a room next door or from up above like at a hotel. I found it a romantic spot. My new husband exclaimed, "this is definitely a girl's place." It wasn't frilly, it's just ultra comfortable and clean. The website mentions this cabin is for people who spend time out of the room. It's a good size room, but there is no sofa in the room. Darn it, we had to read in bed. There is a table to eat at. The staff, especially Jill, is gracious. The office always had apples and fresh home baked cookies (oatmeal/raisin). I drove like a mad woman one night just to get some before the office closed for the evening. Maybe there are things that wouldn't appeal to everyone, but in my mind this property is absolutely perfect. It is a few blocks from the beach so you won't get an ocean view, but that keeps it somewhat affordable.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WolseleyHornet
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We spent 4 nights in Cabin 4 and it was a totally relaxing, enjoyable experience. We felt pampered by all of the wonderful touches that made our stay memorable: the soothing music greeting us upon our arrival, the lush landscaping that provided seclusion, the soft spa robes to wrap up in while sipping freshly made gourmet coffee, thick & luxurious towels---it was a delight. And, although the beach (only a short stroll) could be quite windy & a tad chilly, the microclimate at Coast Cabins was warm & serene. We certainly hope to return in the future!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cycling25
Reviewed July 5, 2009

My wife and I stayed in Studio #2, the smallest of all the cabins and found it larger than most nice hotel rooms with the benefit of being secluded within it's own structure. Plenty of windows to let in light and view the lush bamboo groves, but no window faces another cabin so you still have 100% privacy with all curtains open.
The first night we gathered around the fire pit with other guests and were offered homemade marshmallows, organic graham crackers, and Oregon made semi-dark chocolate to make smores. We then sipped an eastern Oregon Chardonnay and exchanged traveling stories before retiring to a comfortable bed under a down comforter.
The next morning we strolled downtown to the recommended coffee shop (we could've ground our own coffee right in our room, everything was provided) and enjoyed the next three days as the pressure and stress of our big-city life melted away.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jasonb1971
Reviewed February 9, 2009

Manzanita: The Coast Cabins: "Paradise Found”
Date: February 9th, 2009

We have just returned from several days at The Coast Cabins, in Oregon. A very generic name for quite the unusual stay. Forget the GPS it’s that easy to find. When we arrived we were taken away with all the detailed landscaping. There’s a rich combination of bamboo, large stones and variety of plant life.

The office was right when the garden sign said it was. I was greeted with a warm welcome, answers to my questions and a though explanation of the unusual features of our cabin (#4). In the morning there were oatmeal raisin cookies and fresh fruit to greet us. The service ratio never felt short, and there was someone just a buzzer away. Gave us personal tips on where to eat and not too. Always let us feel like we were return travelers.

We brought our own food, as we had a full kitchen with more coffee options than we used to. No dishwasher, as they’re done for you. Queen bed with wonderful padding and high thread count sheets. It’s easy to disappear in the solitude of the cabin with it’s natural wood walls and ceilings. Fireplace and HD TV. WiFi willing, but I did leave my Apple at home. They have several cabins and condos. Condos might be more for you urban dwellings, needing an easier transition back to nature.

Outside we had our own private area to relax. Good sized surround stonewall and very even walk surfaces. Table and chairs, although it was Feb in Oregon. Luxurious robes were provided, and flashlights for that re-occurring evening visit to the hot tub. It was kept at 103 degrees, ample variation of massaging bubbles, and your choice of underwater colored lights. While you’re at the website (coastcabins.com) be sure and see the unique outdoor BBQ. It’s a blend of metal pyramid being. Bring your own briquettes, as we enjoyed steaks and baked potatoes.

Outside amities include sit in the circle of life-sized carved torsos. It’s a small garden theme for your or several others. We had other options, but found ourselves staying “at home”. It’s at the coast but certainly away from the high traffic of the loud and crazy tourists. Okay, here’s a little folklore. You wait until you absolutely have to leave, then (if you haven’t already) you meet all the other guests in the parking lot and compare your stay. All the other couples were returning, either to revisit their favorite cabin or experience a new one. THAT alone is a huge review indicator. And we met several nice dogs, as they welcome your fav K9 and its cold wet nose.

We’ve been traveling for decades and have experienced all types of accommodations in Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Switzerland, France, Italy, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Costa Rica and Brasil. From 5 stars to none at all. If you want to experience a most unique and unusual gem, add this to your memories. And make your reservation well in advance. The word is getting out.

Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank Hwy101southbound
Reviewed September 14, 2008

The coast cabins are wonderful and relaxing. I just finished running the Hood to Coast relay race. The coast cabins were the perfect place to relax. I was in cabin #2. it was small but perfect. I could definitely hear the road in the morning but it was okay because I woke up in a beautiful zen room. The staff was nice and the town is beautiful and mellow.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 14, 2008

My boyfriend and I were looking forward to a romantic, cozy getaway at Coast Cabins for months. We looked at the website and all the great reviews and thought it sounded right up our alley. We loved the attention to detail and thought it looked like a very rejuvenating, lovely place. We booked cabin #3. When we arrived, we were shocked to see just how tiny it was, although it was two floors. I have to say, although they do list the square footage on the website, we didn't notice that, just the idea of a beautiful cabin in the woods with luxury details, and were disappointed. I would recommend that you pay attention the square footage! I do think that there is some false advertising on the website. The photos are very strategic and tend to just show the lovely details, or only the couch or the bed, which definitely prompts you to assume that there is more space surrounding these areas. Unfortunately, there isn't. It is lovely if you are looking for a hotel room type of feel but in a small, separate cabin. We did not feel like we could relax in this cramped space despite the attention to design details. In addition, the website lists cabin 3 as being very private and secluded. Like other reviewers, I agree, it is not secluded, and the cabins are much closer together than you are led to believe, as in, right next to each other. It is also on more of a main road. While I love the idea of coast cabins, I didn't feel like it delivered the totality of what was implied. To give travelers a more realistic idea of the size, they should definitely include some honest photos that give an overview of the entire space, and not simply close-ups of the lovely kholer fixtures.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13  Thank Seatravels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manzanita
The Ocean Lodge
Arch Cape Inn & Retreat
Arch Cape Inn & Retreat
#1 of 1 in Arch Cape
Garibaldi House Inn & Suites

Been to Coast Cabins? Share your experiences!