“The little things that count.”
Review of Coast Cabins

Coast Cabins
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Manzanita
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Pictures say a thousand words, but its just not enough to describe this place. Take a look at there website, then let me tell you about all the small things. I was a last minute booking because do to my procrastination I couldn't find any reasonably nice place to stay on the coast. Lucky for me they had a room left. First the bed, looks great in the pictures, and it wont disappoint. Better than my bed at home that I spent weeks trying to find. Towels, loads of them strategically placed by the Jacuzzi, sauna, and of course the bathroom, oh and best towels ever (where can I get some?). Décor, very modern and nicely done. Not just one table or night stand but throughout the 700 or so square feet. Outside just as well with very mature landscaping. Kids loved the common area outdoor fire pit, so did a few of the other guest that we meet. Very nice beach front town, everything you could need, groceries, food (you may need reservations), and ice cream shop. A few bars but I didn't visit any of them. I did not give them five star service....well because no one was there, check in was still a breeze with there automated lock, and maybe this is where you go if you don't want to be dealing with staff. Kids activities also only rated three stars, my kids are to young to truly appreciate this place but they did have a good time in the Jacuzzi and at the fire pit, of course the beach is just down the street. Value, well you get what you pay for and this place is rather expensive. A good nights sleep priceless. Thank you for the awesome stay.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We just returned from a four night stay in cabin 3, and were very pleased with it. Not the largest space, but if there are two of you, it would be perfect. My 13 yr old daughter was with us, so it was definitely tight for space, but doable. Cabin 3 has three defined outdoor spaces (four with the fireplace) including a hot tub and lounging area. The design of the cabin is very clever and thoughtful, and nicely decorated. If I had one suggestion, it would be to downsize the microwave/convection oven. Counter space is limited, so this could help. The cabins fit so well with the vibe of Manzanita. The people we met were lovely, and the town is peaceful and laid back. We spent an afternoon in Cannon Beach, and while the scenery is impressive, we couldn't wait to get back to Manzanita to relax! The hiking nearby was outstanding, and the pizza at Marzano's (?) was excellent. I also must mention the very friendly staff at The Little Apple Market. Super nice, and quality food. What a great place to visit and a lovely place to stay!

Room Tip: Get the biggest cabin you can afford, but the small ones are gems too.
2  Thank Tina K
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Coast Cabins in early July and loved everything about it. "Cabins" are typically rustic affairs--but not here. They are furnished with high-end beds, sofas, toiletries, robes, towels and more. Each cabin feels incredibly private, and we loved the private hot tub on our terrace. Manzanita is sleepier than some of the other beach towns on the coast, but that's why we booked here in the first place. There are a couple of restaurants in town, a small wine bar, and a few shops. But the real stars are the miles of sandy beach you can walk, and of course the Coast Cabins. Stay here and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Islington185
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Modern Studio apartment at the coast cabins during our honeymoon. This was the last stop on our trip so I wanted to book somewhere really special. I was not disappointed.

Manzanita itself is a pretty little place with a main street of shops, cafes and small restaurants running down to the sea ( Laneda avenue). The beach at Manzanita is spectacular: a vast expanse of wind swept sand nestling under wooded hills.

The cabin itself lived completely up to the description on the website and a number of ways exceeded them. It was fitted out very tastefully throughout to a high standard and with many features for the comfort of the guests.

Aside from the more obvious such as the private spa pool, fully equipped kitchen, private courtyard and amazing shower including steam room facilities there were many subtle touches. We were welcomed warmly on arrival and offered a glass of wine as we came into the cabin. We were greeted in the cabin by a complimentary bowl of fruit, chocolate and other goodies.
Coffee beans and a grinder were provided. We found a little bowl of hazel nuts with a nut cracker. I could go on!

The only small problem was the wifi: a carrier issue rather than with the cabins, I suspect, but it dipped in and out intermittently throughout our visit.

This place was really special and has created some amazing memories for us. We hope to back at some point.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndyR186338
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We've stayed at Coast Cabins six or seven times now and have never left with the slightest doubt that COAST CABINS truly understands relaxation and quality "Oregon Coast style". Each unit is uniquely special in design and features. Specializing in clean, comfortable, and modern with all high end appliances and furniture. You will fall in love with the bed in Cabin 4. The Modern Ranch unit will leave you speechless upon entry. Lots of windows, clean open rooms, steam shower, large and private back deck. We prefer to cook ourselves rather than go out for dinners. With this in mind, we appreciate the quality of cookware and dinnerware available in the rooms. Our biggest issue seems to making ourselves leave to go play on the beach or go hiking. The grounds are well taken care of and designed for privacy, quiet, and alittle flare for style. You will enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: They are all great. Tell them what you are looking for and they will match a unit to your needs.
3  Thank tjegger
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Coast Cabins has given me a new dilemma. How do you review perfection without seeming to be either an undiscerning traveler or prone to exaggeration? We stayed one night in Cabin 4 (it wasn't available for longer). The attention to detail throughout the property was remarkable. Two small ones which particularly struck me -- I loved the Technivorm coffee maker in the kitchen as well as the champagne stopper in the utensil drawer ( a first for me in a rental property. Oh, and "proper" crystal wine glasses too!). Black out curtains together with complete silence after nightfall meant that we woke way later than we meant to. The bed and bedding was so comfortable that I lay there for an extra half hour in the morning just luxuriating in it (even though we were already getting a late start) We very much enjoyed the jacuzzi in the cabin's small courtyard as well as the fire-pit (with lots of wood thoughtfully stacked up on the wall behind.) The bowl of hazelnuts (together with high-tech nut cracker) as well as the fresh fruit upon arrival was also much appreciated. Clearly this is a very "hands-on" property run by someone with a fanatical attention to detail and a highly refined sense of style and comfort. We can't wait to come back and stay longer -- never heard of the little town of Manzanita before this trip (we are from CA) but we will be back!

1  Thank theronware
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was a beautiful property, well-appointed, with thoughtful amenities. My husband and I enjoyed roasting marshmallows and meeting new friends at the outdoor fire place and soaking in our semi-private hot tub after hiking all day. The cabins are located on the main street in Manzanita so we often walked to the local shops, cafes, and even the Friday evening farmers' market on our way to the beach. Coast Cabins also recommended some great restaurants nearby that we loved! Also, the hiking and landscape nearby are tremendous! Great experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hbrookej
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manzanita
Tolovana Inn
Arch Cape Inn & Retreat
Arch Cape Inn & Retreat
#1 of 1 in Arch Cape
Garibaldi House Inn & Suites

Been to Coast Cabins? Share your experiences!