“A Perfect Ten!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,777 helpful votes
“A Perfect Ten!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This past Saturday night after a drive down to Cape Meares, we stopped by Terra Cotta Cafe for dinner. I had been wanting to dine here for several years and finally got the opportunity to try this quaint little cafe in a beautiful area. Inside is absolutely charming with terra cotta tablecloths, napkins and walls. Colorful dishes are used and the prices here are very reasonable for a resort area.

One thing I really appreciated at this restaurant is the personal service you receive. Harvey came to the table and explained the menu items in detail, making everything sounds delicious! Salads are included with your entree or a choice of homemade soups also. I decided on the Salmon in Parchment Paper for my entree which was awesome. Baked with apples and Brie cheese, the salmon was moist and very flavorful. The salad is prepared tableside and you have your choice of several items to choose from.

The glass of Pinot Noir I ordered was perfect and the corkage fee is only ten dollars here. The dessert platter is brought to your table and everything looked so good. I chose a small Coconut Pudding, this is a great concept I would like to see more restaurants use. My husband opted for a larger dessert, the Peanut Butter Chocolate pie.

This restaurant has everything going for it! I enjoyed chatting with the chef after dinner about some cookbooks that were for sale. We can't wait to return to Terra Cotta Cafe! :)

• Visited May 2014

Wilsonville, Oregon
“Incredible food, atmosphere, and attentive service”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My husband said on a scale of 1 to 10, he gave his chicken breast (topped with parmesan and mozzarella, in his case served with rice) a solid 12, the best he had ever tasted. The linguine with clams was excellent, the special appetizer (Dungeness crab-stuffed mushrooms) was out of this world; even the house salad was so special (the romaine lettuce comes plain--with your choice of dressing served separately--and an array of toppings is provided, which the server (Kyle, in our case, who was just lovely and wonderful) adds to the salad according to your wishes. We enjoyed the Pinot Gris, and we were sure the desserts would have been great, but we were too full (although we have had pies from Sisters and Pete's next door, which evidently provides the pies, so we knew they would have been delicious too). Everything was incredibly delicious, and we will definitely be back, and will bring friends and family! Harvey was a gracious host, and Sandy, the chef, is immensely talented. Unpretentious and astounding! Do make a reservation first, as the restaurant is small, and everything is cooked to order.

• Visited May 2014
Manzanita, Oregon
“A Quiet Retreat with Good Food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The surroundings are calm, the fish in parchment paper is very good. The wine list is nice. It is a good place for quiet conversation or a special occasion.

Visited April 2014
Manzanita, Oregon
“The food and the atmosphere”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've been in Manzanita for 18 plus years and watched restaurants come and go. This is an establishment that consistently provides attentive service and excellent food at reasonable prices. If there is something special, rest assured with a little notice, they will try to accommodate your request. One of the best!. Rick Bernard

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rick B
New York
“Terrible service”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I actually didn't go in to eat so the food might be great. I called and their host, Henry, answered. He was extremely rude when I asked if I could make a reservation for myself in about 30 minutes time.

Instead of saying something like, "Unfortunately our kitchen closes shortly after that, we would be happy to accommodate you earlier", he promptly told me that it would be not happening and that there were three big tops in there at the time i wanted to come in. He then referred me to a restaurant in Wheeler that, no offense to this restaurant, looked trashy and NOTHING like the menu I was aiming for. Terra cotta's menu is all seafood and looks upscale. This restaurant the next town over looks like a Panda Express style with curry and fried rice.

So obviously I was confused and wondering if that suggestion was an insult. So I called back, still wanting to eat dinner there, and asked if there was a bar top I could sit at and enjoy dinner. No, we do not have a bar top. Again, like I'm an idiot.

He was a total jerk and, as the face (or the voice), of Terra Cotta, I will never spend money there EVER and I urge you not to either. In the service industry, you provide SERVICE.

It must hurt your back to kiss your own @$$ like that.

• Visited March 2014