We have stayed here in years past and have always been impressed with how super clean this very old motel has been. Not so this year -regrettably. While the exterior is in need of a fresh coat of paint the interior surfaces of the queen suite we rented seemed to have a layer of stickiness and slightly scummy. The bathroom sink would not drain properly and neither would the shower stall. The coffee maker and microwave were not thoroughly cleaned. The freezer in the mini fridge needed defrosting as ice at least 2 inches thick had formed.The sheets and bed coverings had washed - in stains. These items are not the worst things one could experience yet when the rate is at 130.00 per nite one expects better. While the rooms are just steps away from the beach they are not ocean view so one gets the impression you are paying entirely for location. Granted the rooms are turned over quickly in the summer due to high demand as there are scant few motel rooms in Manzanita- yet in the past the cleanliness standard was well above what we found this year. On the plus the front desk was exceptionally helpful and very welcoming. However not sure we will spend our hard earned money staying at the Spindrift next yr.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely, quaint, great rooms, inexpensive, a great location, and the people are friendly ... that’s how our guests describe Spindrift Inn. This cozy 14 room cottage-style rural inn is just a block from a 7 mile beach in Manzanita, on Oregon’s gorgeous North Coast. Mountains meet the sea, surrounded by two State Parks, forests and the Pacific Ocean. In our inn you will find no smoking, pillowtop beds, some suites, some kitchenettes, and some pet-friendly rooms (call ahead to be sure). Off the highway, Manzanita’s small commercial district is nestled among cabins and cottages - perfect to park and walkabout. There are shops with trendy clothing, natural food, and several restaurants serving fish en papillote to authentic Mexican. And the connection with Nature is superb ... you can re-fresh, rejuvenate and be re-inspired when you return home. Or stay forever (we did). Come visit us ... then you may say: "Spindrift Inn might not have a lot of street appeal, but thankfully the rooms, cleanliness, staff, location and price were all wonderful. We’ll definitely be back again." Owned and operated by local families since 1946. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Spindrift Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spindrift Hotel Manzanita
- Spindrift Inn Manzanita, Oregon