“Oh Em Gee”

Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Manzanita
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Big Wave Cafe is a casual themed restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. We offer daily specials with a focus on local, fresh seafood.
Florida
“Oh Em Gee”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

If you are ever near Manzanita, OR, do your taste buds a favour and eat at The Big Wave restaurant. We had breakfast there Nd it was simply fabulous. My husband had a seafood omelet which he said was the best he had ever eaten chocked full of crab, cheese, and shrimp. I had the eggs benedict Which out f this world!!! I highly recommend this great restaurant! Ask for Renee, she waited on us and the service was quick and friendly!!!!

Visited June 2013

“Best Dinner in Manzanita”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This place is right on the highway as you get to Manzanita. If you are staying ANYwhere near here or driving by THIS is the place to eat. Wow!!!

Super friendly (but not the weird kind of friendly) staff and the food is off the charts excellent! I had the grilled halibut with rice pilaf. Both were fantastic...fish cooked to perfection and the pilaf was beyond words good. I've never had rice pilaf done so well. My guess is they are making it themselves and know how to do it right. My wife had the prime rib...again, done just perfect!

Before you order, keep in mind dessert. Mom makes the pies here (so I'm told) and you can tell. I had the marrionberry with a scoop of ice creme...so perfect! The pie crust was just right, not too thick, not doughy but a perfect case for the sweet and tart marrionberries.

We will be back to this place whenever we are on the coast. I can't recommend it highly enough, and I don't have many "excellent" ratings on trip advisor. Great job crew and owners...you are the best place on the Northern OR coast in my humble opinion!

Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“great food, fabulous pie”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We loved our visit here. Great food and service. Do not miss the marianberry pie. We'll go back the first chance we get.

• Visited July 2012
Florence, Oregon
“A so called "destination" restaurant”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Innkeeper recommended this restaurant in Manzanita Beach. It is right off of 101 and we would have never noticed it if we hadn't been told about it. Probably one of the best restaurants on the Oregon coast. We had the fresh Alaskan salmon and local caught halibut, both dishes were excellent and generous portions. Served with a mixture of sauteed fresh vegetables and baked potato. Prices were reasonable and would expect to pay twice as much in Cannon Beach for the same quality of food and excellent service.

Visited May 2013
Rockaway Beach, Oregon
“Average food with good service”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stopped here with family visiting from Colorado. The service was excellent - very friendly, and even willing to make a change to our order after it was submitted. The choices sound really good, but the food is very average. It's a little on the pricey side, and there is nothing special about it (or at least with what we had.)

Burgers were adequate, but just. My husband's wild mushroom pasta wasn't wild mushrooms - just run of the mill button. Overall, it was a fine place for lunch, but nothing to write home about, and not a place we'll frequent again.

• Visited May 2013