“Great hidden gem.”
Review of Vino Manzanita Wine Bar - CLOSED

Vino Manzanita Wine Bar
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very cosy wine bar with excellent small plates and wine list. Entree choices are few (like 2) but the spicy bean soup and salad I had was wonderful. My husband had the antipasti plate and he really enjoyed. There is only seating for 17 or 18 including the bar and the place was full.

1  Thank Jeanne O
There are newer reviews for Vino Manzanita Wine Bar

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Wine bar with small plates menu, good selection of wines by the glass, music on weekends, very cozy. Not the sort of place you expect to find in a town as small as Manzanita. Like many things in the off-season, check on operating days in the winter. Not a lot of action in town, except on holiday weekends.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

On our last night in Manzanita, we decided to walk around and grab a quick bite to eat. Our first stop, the pub across the street from our accommodations, just closed their kitchen, and they recommended that we walk up to the bar on the corner of Laneda and Highway 101. As we walked up Laneda, we stopped at Vino to see what food options they had. Their printed menu in the window didn't tempt us, so we ventured inside and asked if they had other food options. The cozy space with a small L shaped bar, interesting art on the wall and a few patrons seemed more our pace and atmosphere than a noisy untested bar with potentially bad 'bar' food. My husband and I took a seat at the bar and tested a few different types of reds while we waited for our meals. Surprisingly enough, the food was better than expected. It's always a nice surprise when expectations are exceeded, especially when trying a new place for the first time. Sometimes its a hit or miss with food options at a wine bar, but at Vino I cleaned my plate of vegetarian lasagna, mesclun salad and slices of baguette pretty darn quick. I remember turning to my husband and commenting, "the food here is pretty good." He also agreed. The wines that the bartender recommended for us were also tasty and unique. Last last meal in Manzanita, capping a wonderful long weekend stay, was further enhanced by a delightful conversation with a Seattleite who sat next to us at the bar. He was spending time in Manzanita helping his mother move apartment. The hallmark of a good wine bar is more than just the wine selection, the knowledge of the staff, and the food, it also includes the atmosphere to provide wonderful serendipitous conversations with strangers. Vino does all that. I can't wait for my next visit.

1  Thank 2travelandeat
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We didn't eat here but we had fantastic wine and a great conversation with the owner. The ambience is nice. I especially liked the effect of viewing the paintings in the large mirrors. If you like wine it would be impossible not to like this cozy place.

1  Thank heycradler
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were actually looking for a place to have dinner on a Friday night in Manzanita and happened upon the Vino Manazita Wine Bar. We sat at the bar, sampled some wine, struck up an interesting conversation with a regular, and ordered some appetizer plates interesting enough to count as dinner. Great pate! And the service was excellent - they kindly substituted rice crackers for bread as we are gluten-intolerant. A really nice evening!