“Great Massage and Staff!”
Review of Spa Manzanita

Spa Manzanita
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Manzanita
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Spa Manzanita offers wonderful massage, facials, body treatments, natural nail services and a full retail store. Every professional at spa manzanita pledges services and products to make your visit to the coast truly exceptional. You can look forward to an inspired ritual for body, mind and spirit. At spa manzanita, we combine the serenity of the beach, the power of expert touch and the comfort of our surroundings to ensure a rejuvenating experience. Because we all live as well as work at the beach, we take pride in building lasting relationships with all who share our commitment. We welcome you as friends as well as clients, seeking your wellness for tomorrow as well as your contentment for today. We are located in the heart of Manzanita, Oregon. 10 miles south of Cannon Beach, 90 miles west of Portland Oregon.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 31, 2012

A nice, clean and well maintained establishment. The massage was very good and relaxing! It would be more fun if they offered a couple's massage, but that doesn't detract from an otherwise excellent result. If you're staying at the Coast Cabins, you won't need a credit card to book a reservation. The staff was pleasant and the equipment was modern and well maintained. I didn't think that the price was too steep, however, it would have been more enjoyable if there was a "welcome beverage" other than a paper cup of water.

There are newer reviews for Spa Manzanita

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The previous reviews are spot on! The pedicure services are subpar and come with a ridiculous $70 price tag! I have had $18 pedicures that are more enjoyable. The lady massaged for about 3 minutes! No hot leg wraps, no paraffin, no extras! Buyers beware! Pedicures are not worth it! Also, no one tells you the prices or asks what kind of pedicure you would like either...they just do whatever and send you on your way...not impressed Spa Manzanita...you can do soooo much better!

1  Thank Honesty456
Janicebge, Owner at Spa Manzanita, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

This note is in response to the review on July 7th from Honesty456.
For one I want to thank anyone that gives reviews and suggestions to my spa. We are here to make folks happy and give a great service as our customers know.
I too have had $18 pedicures and they come in handy sometimes when you are in a rush and just need it done. In addition the $18 pedicures are available in locations that has a completely different employee situation. My staff is highly trained, mature and experienced in a variety of modalities. My two nail technicians also are licensed in massage therapy and skin care.

This customer with all due respect is completly incorrect. We have 3 spa pedicures that last an hour and we go over them in detail as does our menu and web site. All the pedicures come with a bubbly soak, complete leg and foot exfoliation and wonderful massage.

I did contact Honesy456 as I was sad to see she had a bad experience. I always want to know this and offer a way to make things better so she would have good feelings about the spa and us. But she did not respond to my note.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Had a nice couples massage with my wife. She recieved her lighter massage and I recieved my deep tissue.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I enjoy treating myself to spa services every so often; so vacation time is a good opportunity. I was told to arrive 15 minutes before my appointment, but actually came about 25 minutes before. I filled out the paperwork ... and was offered a cup of water in a paper cup. (First clue: my usual spa gives me a mimosa in stemware when I arrive.) After waiting 35 minutes more, I asked how much longer, and was told about 20 minutes. SO I went and looked in a few shops and came back. Another 20 minutes. It's now more than an hour of waiting ... I was getting ready to leave when the technician came out and explained she'd need about 5 more minutes. When I sat down for my pedicure, she did offer me champagne "as a peace offering" ... hmm. The pedi was fine, but I pay $40 for a beautiful location, mimosas, and professional service. Spa Manzanita charges $70 for a paper cup of water and one over-booked worker scrambling to make it happen. PS: I was going to add a manicure, but instead of being like $10 more, it was $50~ so that is the end of my visits to Spa Manzanita.

1  Thank NewportMania

Thank you Newport Mania for your review.
Yes we do ask new customers to come a few minuets early to fill out paper work. In your case I do so apologize, I remember that day and it was so so busy with the beginning of the holiday weekend.
The spa has a new procedure for cleaning our pedicure tub, we go to great lengths to keep this absolutely clean. If you go to a pedicure and the tub is not cleaned and run for a solid 5 minuets with solution then they are not doing what the law requires. Period!
I am so glad you liked your pedicure and I am sorry we served in recyclable cups. You are not allowed by law to use glass unless you have a commercial dishwasher again another thing that happens out there to be aware of. And we usually do not offer alcohol in the morning but maybe a bit of champagne would be nice!
I did send this reviewer a personal note but she did not respond to it, sorry for that. We do like to make things better whenever anyone is unhappy.
Janice Gaines

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Three of us visited Spa Manzanita while on our family vacation. We all had an excellent experience. My therapist was able to workout the kinks gently without causing soreness.. A skill indeed! We will visit this spa on our next trip to manzanita!