“Excellent!”

Bread and Ocean Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Manzanita
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautiful bakery located in Manzanita Oregon. The owner and chef is Julie Barker, who was the owner and creator of the late great Blue Sky Cafe. The food is absolutely fabulous and so creative.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and I recently spent a weekend in Manzanita, and we enjoyed our breakfast at Bread and Ocean so much that we went back for lunch! Top notch baked goods and sandwiches. The bear claw was the best I've ever had.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stopped by for a treat on my way to Tillamook. I got an orange and walnut roll. It was tasty, not crazy sweet but just sweet enough and dense. As I was ringing up I noticed they make their own chai so I ordered that too. Verrrry good chai! I wish I would have gone back and tried more on their menu. Their prices surprised me a little bit because I thought they'd be a little lower but I later realized that's kind of par for Manzanita.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Julie knows food, and prepares it well. This is one of those places crowed with locals, why? Because we know where to go for excellent baked goods!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

You can't beat this place for great coffee, sandwiches, salads, breads & pastries. Everything is superb. Don't miss it when you are in Manzanita.

I just had lunch there again today & had a great Reuben special sandwich. And since I am gluten free i had it made on their gluten free bread.I wanted every dessert in the case. I sometimes "cheat" and must have an orange cardamon roll even w/ gluten. They are so light & moist.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Delicious food - so good that we visited 3 times in two days. The buns are so tasty, the sandwiches are fresh and delicious, and the frittata is excellent too.