All reviewsbudd buildingheated poolgas fireplacedirectly across the streetjunior suiteocean viewgreat viewcan't beat the viewcannon beachperfect locationsliding glass doorfull kitchenoregon coastupstairs roombottom floorwithin walking distancefirst floor
Reviewed June 12, 2010

This motel has been around for many decades. We stayed here over 40 years ago and the motel is the same. You can not beat the location to the beach! The manager, Linda Lou, was very friendly and helpful.

We had the three comfy, queen bed room and it was perfect. Refrig, stove and sink, with a kitchen table and 4 chairs. Games and movies are available in the front office.

For the price, you can't beat it...........

Friends from Mesa, AZ

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank KOOLGMA
Reviewed June 6, 2010

The location is superb. Wonderful view, close to restaurants and the staff is great. Everyone should be as friendly and helpful as they all were. The internet connection was very good. it is steps from the beach

The hotel is very old and shabby and my room was not very clean. The was junk under the bed edge, although the bed itself was clean. The bathroom was very awkward for and older arthritic body like mine. I don't know if the rest of the rooms are the same. I hope they can correct those problems as it would be the perfect place to stay in Manzanita.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank judbe
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Didn't really check the reviews here beforehand, since Tripadvisor said there were only 2 hotels out there. Amazingly there's more places, but this one was the ONLY one right across the street from the beach. I mean u just get out of your room and walk for 15 seconds and ur on the sands of the beach. Woke up in the morning to the waves crashing on our front window and it was great. Couldn't recommend a better place with better location and view, just what we needed to relax for a weekend.

Rooms were good, had the typical things, coffee maker, hair dryer, TV, DVD players, etc. Unlike some of the other reviews, staff was very nice to me. I guess if you're nice to them, they are nice to you ;) Gave me extra towels, pillow, etc. when I asked for it.

Overall, i'd recommend it to anyone whose looking to stay right on the beach at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank OregonWK
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Booked 2 rooms - one for my parents who were visiting from the East Coast and on for my wife and myself. My folks room was ok - pretty basic, cheap hotel style. Our room was right next door and had the same layout - fireplace, little couch, bed, mini-fridge, small oven/range. microwave, small TV, and baseboard heat. The heat was strong, but there was a burning smell all night. The view was great - right in front of the ocean. Would have been an acceptable room except for the blood. When we pulled back the bedspread, we noticed blood stains on the underside. Also some dark stains on the blanket underneath. Then I noticed two blood smears on the wall. GROSS!!!!! We didn't notice until after the front desk was closed, so I didn't inform them until the next morning. They didn't seem to care much - no offer of refund.

Also, they have DVDs in the lobby, but they are $4 to rent. I've stayed at the Sand Dune Inn in manzanita before and they rent movies FREE to their guests. Just sayin.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank JustSayin13
Reviewed January 11, 2010

My husband and I booked a couple rooms for ourselves and family members for 1 night in Manzanita. The day of our arrival, I received a phone call (on my cell phone) from the receptionist (I believe she was a relative of the owners) around 2pm. She demanded to know if we were going to be checking in soon. I politely described that we would check in later that evening (before 8pm) since we were enjoying our time at the beach that day. Surprisingly, this was upsetting to her. She warned us that if we didn't show up soon, that she'd be forced to give our reservation away - she went on to explain that people have been canceling reservations lately (as if this was our fault, and we'd do the same)! I've never been on a vacation, where I've been asked to cut it short simply to check in at my accommodation. When we arrived that evening, we were "greeted" by the same terrible receptionist - she represented the worst customer service I've ever encountered. As for the rooms - not bad, you get what you pay for. The location is what keeps this place afloat, being that it's just across the street from the beach. Based on extremely poor customer service, I would not recommend this motel to anyone. We won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple