All reviewsbudd buildingheated poolgas fireplacedirectly across the streetjunior suiteocean viewgreat viewcan't beat the viewcannon beachperfect locationsliding glass doorfull kitchenoregon coastupstairs roombottom floorwithin walking distancefirst floor
Reviewed December 12, 2008

Myself, my wife and a friend stayed for in what must of been the last gorgeously sunny day of December.

We wanted somewhere out of the way and far removed from the tourist crowd. We were met by very friendly staff and allowed an early book in.

We picked one of the newer rooms in the Budd building (203)
The value was amazing, we got a kichenette (stove, fridge and dishwasher) two queen beds - one of them in its own room with a television. A nice sized sofa, little dining room and chairs, wall sized windows and balcony looking right out onto the ocean.

With the 20% online discount we paid $82.

Located on a corner plot facing a very very quiet road with the beach on the other side. Perfectly situated for watching the sunset.

The office has great selection of dvds to rent and the staff were more than helpful.

I certainly will return.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank light_spirited
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We stayed here one night in October, in an upstairs room in one of the "newer" units on the corner. The motel is just a few blocks from downtown Manzanita. The friendly and helpful clerk suggested the San Dune Pub for dinner, which turned out to be an excellent place to eat.

There is a little street in front of the motel, so technically it's not "oceanfront". But the street is pretty quiet during the day, and there appears to be almost no traffic at all at night. The beach begins just on the other side of the road, and there is no parking in front of the motel. The view is fantastic, with a nice balcony in front. The motel is pet friendly and our dog enjoyed sitting out on the balcony watching the people go by. If it is a concern, be aware there is no screen door.

Our room had a small kitchen, couch, table & chairs, queen bed and an electric fireplace. Overall, the room was clean, although we did not get any bathroom soap. When I went to the desk to ask, she apologized, and gave me several soaps and extra shampoo. The kitchen had a coffeemaker and other basic supplies, but not enough to really "cook a meal".

There are no extra amenities here – everything is quite basic. The room we had (#206) is showing signs of age and needs some repair. There was a patch of peeling plaster over the shower and the room could use some paint here and there. The door needs to be replaced, as it is badly scuffed and does not fit into the opening tightly, however it did lock properly. The carpet is fairly new, but the kitchen is quite dated now, with an old range/oven and apartment-sized fridge. There is a microwave too – and although it looked pretty darn old, it worked fine. The sink faucet was stiff and hard to use.

However, in total it was a pleasant room . . . and considering the great location, awesome view and the reasonable price they charge, it's a good value. We paid $76 + tax + $10 pet fee, and were satisfied. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank half-Brit
Reviewed October 10, 2008

Never have been treated so rudely by booking staff anywhere else, basically calling me a liar. When proven error was theirs, pathetically apologized. Never staying there again. Cleanliness acceptable.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank h0nestly
Reviewed September 17, 2008

The location of this hotel is the best there is in Manzanita. I loved the ocean view (great for watching sunsets!), the two bed/two bath suit a friend and I got, and the fact that this hotel - and Manzanita as a whole - is very dog friendly.

However, considering that we paid $167 a night, I was disappointed by the cleanliness of our rooms. The offenses were many: There were crumbs all over the kitchen counter and a bowl of tomatoes left in a cupboard; countless dog nose marks and children handprints blurred the large window overlooking the ocean; one toilet had used paper in it even though they placed a 'your toilet has been cleaned and sanitized' strip across the seat; and a used bath towel from a previous guest hung on the door of the other bathroom.

Needless to say, this lack of attention to detail made a terrible first impression!

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank JuliePDX
Reviewed September 10, 2008

This year was the 5th year that I and my family visited this cozy motel in beautiful Manzanita, OR.
We usually visit early in the summer but this year we were there during the labor day weekends.
I always love visiting thismotel!
It has great ocean view rooms and clean & well-managed amenities.
Whenever I was there, I felt I got a great service by the staffs and the owners. I always felt welcome and I am excited to go back next year again!
For the last five years that I visited, they updated the motel every year and I always found a pleasant surprise in the rooms and the whole motel facility.
I would strongly recommed this motel ro people who seek places for less-crowded, family-fun vacations.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family