We were so glad we chose Manzanita over the other choices, being high end& busy Cannon Beach or arcade, Vegas like Seaside. Yes, Manzanita doesn't have a lot for downtown but the beach is quiet, peaceful, clean and at your doorstep. However, the motel which is across the road from the huge beach, lacks warmth one likes on a holiday. Our room in the Budd Bldg on the 2nd floor was clean, had all amenities we needed but needed some warmth and modernizing besides the flat screen TV. The non-chalant attitude at the desk did not feel welcoming and set the stage for your stay. A lot of people in the area and at the hotel had dogs, which we didn't mind as we like dogs. The one pet peeve was the railing on the deck was old, huge and blocked the view for one sitting in a chair. I think I would make a different choice next time and yes, I know, it would cost more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunset Surf Ocean Front Motel,located just 13 miles south of Cannon beach, on one of Oregon's most spectacular beach settings. We have heated outdoor pool and gas fireplace as well as a variety of accommodation to meet your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Sunset Surf Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Surf Hotel Manzanita
- Sunset Surf Motel Manzanita, Oregon