We needed a room for one night on the OR coast. Towns like Seaside were too touristy and Cannon Beach was a bit too uppity. We read the solid reviews of this hotel and decided to stay here.
We stayed in the original building of the hotel. It is dated and slightly weathered, like many beach hotels can be, but it was clean and we felt very comfortable here. Our room had a mini-kitchen, a private bedroom and a bed in the main room. The beds were comfortable and the mattresses didn't sag. If you are looking for a posh place, this isn't it. This is a place where the view is the focal point and the room is good, not great. The view from our room was excellent. The hotel also has a heated pool.
The location was perfect. We were in the main building which has a road between it and the beach but the road had minimal traffic. The hotel is within walking distance of the town, Marzano's pizza (sooo good) and a breakfast place. We found the town of Manzanita to be quite charming. It seemed much more quaint than some of the other towns we visited.
Looking back on our trip, this wasn't the most glamorous hotel but it was one of our favorites. We really enjoyed our stay here and the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunset Surf Ocean Front Motel,located just 13 miles south of Cannon beach, on one of Oregon's most spectacular beach settings. We have heated outdoor pool and gas fireplace as well as a variety of accommodation to meet your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunset Surf Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Surf Hotel Manzanita
- Sunset Surf Motel Manzanita, Oregon