All reviews budd building heated pool gas fireplace directly across the street ocean view junior suite great view can't beat the view cannon beach perfect location full kitchen sliding glass door oregon coast first floor bottom floor queen bed small kitchen
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Was taking a west coast trip with my wife and dog and found this nice cozy place on the beach along the west coast. Didn't know much about the area or place but decided to give it a try as we were tired from the long drive. They staff was great and the establishment was pet friendly, which was a huge plus for us. Feels more like a beach condo as opposed to a motel/hotel. The rooms had living rooms and kitchens. Literally on the beach, doesn't take more than 2 minutes to walk until you hit the sand. Great clean rooms, friendly staff, and just about the best location you can find for an "ocean view".

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Buddy N
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We had first floor room with great view of ocean. Grandchildren loved heated pool. Our room was so nice with 2 queen beds, dining table, micro, refrig, coffee maker. Very nice upgraded bathroom, small but very clean. Had our morning coffee on picnic table on lawn. Staff was cordial but not overly friendly. We have already recommended this place to 2 other couples because of price, value, cleanliness (first thing I look for), easy access to beach and unbeatable ocean view. What a pleasant place (and town) for a relaxing visit.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank keeper67
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Took a more expensive room ($125.00) because the first one smelled like chemicals (I presumed insecticide). Woke up to blood stains on the sheets, multiple bites and found 1 bed bug live. Was told they had never had that complaint before. Very disappointing as I only had 2 days to enjoy the area. Am also now having an allergic reaction to the multiple bites which my doctor says is common (7-14 days post bites).

Room tip: Front desk staff did help me when asked and took 20% off my stay. Agree with another review that service was a bit indifferent and certainly no "wow" factor.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
5  Thank martha p
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My stay was very enjoyable. I stayed in a room on the top floor of the Ashley. The staff were all wonderful, pleasant and very helpful. I would recommend this to those who enjoy the ocean and not looking for upscale ammenities. Vacation really means to relax and enjoy.

Room tip: Be specific in your wishes and needs when reserving a room. Nice job!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Dori J
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We were very happy with the room we had mainly due to the outstanding location. Certainly not fancy, but more than adequate for our small group! The hotel staff provided what we asked for, but never seemed pleased to help and never went above and beyond to "wow" us with the experience. We would happily stay again knowing not to expect too many frills.

Date of stay: August 2011