“Great choice for a small town - be sure to book online!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn Madras

Quality Inn Madras
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Madras
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, WA
“Great choice for a small town - be sure to book online!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

The outside looks questionable, but this is newly remodeled and the rooms had nice updated decor. We took the last room available in the hotel and it was #202. Great because it was a corner room with no one below you, but it was also a bit noisy right next to the Hwy so if you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs.

We've been to Madras a few times this summer and this is one of the best choices in town (there aren't a ton of choices however).

ROOM: comfortable pillow top bed with good pillows, decent size and clean, microwave, fridge, coffee pot, hair dryer, flat screen tv with HBO, and free wifi. Bathroom had a shower only (no tub) and the lighting was very dim so difficult to use the mirror in there.

AMENITIES: there's a pool, hot tub, business center with a computer you can use for free, fitness room and really nice continental breakfast with lots of choices. We didn't use the pool, etc... just had breakfast.

SERVICE: we first called from the road for a room that night and were told the best rate they could give us was $109 and when we said that was more than we wanted to pay, they said, how about $99? So I guess the first rate wasn't the best. We declined and then decided to look online and lo and behold found it for $88 and booked it there. They would have lost us as a customer if we hadn't found it ourselves. We tried to stay a second night, but they wouldn't honor the rate we already had for an additional night (wanted to charge us $119). We dealt with a not-very-customer-service-friendly woman at the front desk for these pricing discrepancies, but the gentleman who checked us in was great.

Bottom line is it's a nice hotel with a very good breakfast spread and if you can get a decent price, book it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Little Hoole England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

Just an overnighter but we were so pleased with quality and cleanliness. Just done extensive upgrade and its real value for money. Could have stayed longer if itinerary had allowed. Nice pool and hot Tub. Owner was a great guy to talk to and we wish him lots of success. Go and book it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

I was in Madras on business, and had called weeks ahead to make sure my reservation was for a handicapped room with full tub. Upon arrival, I found no such room is available at this motel, and had to switch to a regular room, with an extremely small bathroom unsuited for my needs.

The facility is, however, fairly well kept in a convenient central location, close to restaurants. It is clean and the furniture and fixtures are comfortable and of fair-above average quality.

It's a good, above-average small town country motel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — they screwed up my reservation
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Madras hotels

Yakima, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2008

My first trip to Madras on business. I was recommended by the local chamber to stay at two motels. Sonny's motel was the first one I stopped at. it was half-way painted but the room I was checked into smelled of urine and the furniture was so dusty I had to check out. On my way to the other motel I saw a sign for Best Western. I stopped in and checked the room before I went in (since it wasn't recommended). It was clean and Clifford the gentlemen who checked me in was very respectful. He asked me about my trip. The next morning I saw Clifford again. We talked some more and now my company is staying at the Best Western in Madras whenever we come to town. I even bought one of the pieces of artwork in the room. The local chamber should really think about having the Best Western join. It would be nice to be recommended to a clean place.

• Liked — The artwork in the rooms
  • Disliked — All the carbs they served at breakfast. Everything was carb loaded
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Graniteguy
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2007

Our family makes a yearly trip to Crater lake, and we always try to stay in Madras. it is a good stopping point for us and the staff is so nice, they actually remembered us from last year! We stay close to the motel, use the pool and hot tub and eat at Burgerworks. The rooms are always clean and very comfortable. The people that stay here are very nice too. I met a man traveling with his son on the way back from Yosemite He actually lives in the same town I do. This is the place to stay when you come to Madras.

• Liked — That the staff remembered who I was
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Craterlakefam
BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2007

The Asian manager checked us in - lots of difficulties as she said we had asked for smoking but she would "try" to accommodate us with non-smoking. No apologies when we showed her our confirmation number and information. We asked for ground floor by the pool but she put us on second floor, telling us this was our room and to go! I was very annoyed but checked out the room and it was fine. There is a nice outdoor pool (warm) and a jacuzzi with a nice deck to visit with friends.

The free breakfast was one of the best - with waffles, boiled eggs, AND fruit - watermelon, bananas, and plums.

I would rate this hotel as very good if it weren't for the manager!

• Liked — warm outdoor pool you can actually swim in
  • Disliked — attitude and service from the manager
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank chardBc
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2007

We were on a family trip to see central oregon our first stop was in Madras. It was nice to see so many friendly faces when we checked in The pool and hot tub were both very welcome fur us and the kids. The breakfast was also very well served. the price was high but was well worth it. We stopped after seeing the reviews on trip advisor and were kind of weary but were glad that we did. We stayed at Best Westerns for the rest of our trip and are very happy that we did. The Best Western in Prineville didn't have a breakfast but the service was good.

• Liked — The friendliest of the staff
  • Disliked — the town that it was in
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Russfamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madras
Inn at Cross Keys Station
#1 of 1 in Warm Springs
Budget Inn Madras
Budget Inn Madras
#1 of 3 in Madras

Been to Quality Inn Madras? Share your experiences!