“Stay at Cross Keys Station”
Review of Quality Inn Madras

Quality Inn Madras
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Madras
GreenLeadersBronze level
Medford, Oregon
“Stay at Cross Keys Station”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

300 miles on a Motorcycle, 5 clients, ready for the pool and Hot tub we were promised. Had to find another hotel for my clients. Front desk manager was rude and unprofessional. She charged my clients for the room anyway. We stayed at Cross Keys Station. They could have charged us double what this hotel charged us and it was still worth the price of paying for two rooms. Avoid this Hotel like it was a plague!
John Fairrington
The Beaten Path

Room Tip: Aprox. 1 mile to Cross Keys Station.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank 4thebeatenpath
HT1Madras, General Manager at Quality Inn Madras, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you for spending the time to write your opinion on TripAdvisor. I apologize for your experience. I did look back on your reservation and did note that you were not charged for your reservation. Our pool and hot-tub are located outside and are open from May, 15 - Sept 30, weather permitting. I did look at some of your other responses and did notice a pattern in places that received a positive review from you and negative. The negative reviews were usually due to you and your group not being able to cancel the same day of arrival. I suggest that in order to not feel that you are being treated poorly or unfairly, you should not make reservations. Thank you! General Manager, Clifford Reynolds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 13, 2011

We spent a night at the Best Western in Madras in order to attend a family event..
The staff was very friendly. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.Continental Breakfast had several items including waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, sweet rolls and fruit.
We would recommend this motel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor. We hope that when you travel through Central Oregon you will stay with us again. Thank you! General Manager, Clifford Reynolds
Elmira, Oregon
Reviewed September 21, 2010

My wife and I stayed here one night on the 3/09/10. The shower stall had mildew/mold in the corners and on the ceiling. The spa and pool needed skimming. But, what caused us to write this negative review was the Managers poor manners and lack of concern for his paying customers in verbally disciplining an employee one table away from us while we used the computer in the guest lounge and his unwillingness to apologize for his rudeness when confronted with his actions..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SteveElmira_Oregon
HT1Madras, General Manager at Quality Inn Madras, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the incidence that occured. I understand what you may have overheard was something you did not want to hear. and for that incidence I do apologize. I do have to show and reinforce to my staff what is important. Some people learn in different ways and some people manage in different ways. I can only hope that you understand, and that we will continue to disagree.

Clifford Reynolds
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Nice place in the center of town. We were towing rafts, and the parking is not too good for trailers, but we made due. Room was OK, but the air conditioner seemed to be a bit warm. Breakfast bar in the morning needed to be re-stocked by the time I arrived around 7, and the juice machine was out of order. The gal working was new, and was unable to re-fill it and was waiting for someone else to come and fix it. Coffe was OK, with powdered creamer. The breakfast room was warm and stuffy, needs windows that open, but you can prop the door open. Pretty minor. Room was comfortable and clean, and they were able to put us all in rooms next to one another, which was a great plus. Didn't use the pool but it seemed popular and had lots of kids swimming. Overall a nice place to stay, I'd stay here again thought it was a bit pricey. Not much to chose from in Madras.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Portland
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I rolled into Madras around 11pm on a SATURDAY night after an evening of skiing. My boyfriend and I were really tired and the first hotel we saw was kind of gross so we went up the road and tried the Best Western and were pleasantly surprised when the front desk lady greeted us with a smile and freshly baked cookies. The lobby was nice and modern and I felt like we found a hidden treasure as the building looked a little older from the exterior. I felt like we got a pretty fair rate considering that it was a Saturday night during Spring break (less than $90 including tax) and the rooms were great and sharp looking and THE BEDS WERE AWESOME! Thank you late night front desk lady for bringing me an extra pillow at midnight (sorry to be a pain)!! We checked out late because after bkfst (which was awesome too) we just wanted to cozy up more.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I have stayed at many Best Western Motels in my business travel and have never encountered one as rude and unprofessional as this one!
On a recent business trip I became very ill and was unable to keep my reservation at this BW. I called at 9:00AM to cancel for that evening and explained the circumstances. I was told that the manager was not in but he would return my call. Six calls later, he finally answered. My card was charged full price for a service I never received. The manager refuses to reverse the charges! My guess it that this review will cost him more than the $89.00 he shouldn't have charged me. My future travel dollars WILL NOT be spent at this motel!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Copswife4
HT1Madras, General Manager at Quality Inn Madras, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
It is unfortunate that incidences do occur. It does help that you do allow us as much time as possible to rent a room if you do cancel. Unfortunately or inventory can not be saved for the next day. Without the proper notification time we are unable to sell the room through third party vendors. In the future if you are unsure about making a reservation please don't and allow those who can the opportunity to make it. Please be considerate of others when booking your reservation.
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed August 10, 2009

The first room we were given looked clean enough but it had a sour smell, like a shower curtain gone mildew on the bottom. Fortunately, a room change was made promptly, although not without comment ("We don't usually do this but I will this time.") Whaaa?

The king bed had three smaller-than-standard-size pillows, so you can imagine how weird that looked. (Fortunately, I always travel with my own.) The dark brown carpet seemed to hide a myriad of ills and somehow it just gave the aura of being dirty, so we kept footwear on.

The breakfast room floor was very dirty, like it hadn't been mopped for who knows how long. The paper plates were the thinnest you can buy, the one's with the little rippled edge, so we had to triple them to hold any food. The plastic utensils are the cheap ones with sharp edges. The biscuits were like hard-tack and the country gravy was a watery gruel. Yuck!! The whole thing was a very poor showing and we couldn't wait to get out of there. Try someplace else.

I give it 2-stars...and that's being generous. Would never stay there again, that's for sure.

(I also did a review for the Black Bear Restaurant where we ate that night.)

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madras
Inn at Cross Keys Station
#1 of 1 in Warm Springs
Hub Motel
Hub Motel
#8 of 8 in Redmond

Been to Quality Inn Madras? Share your experiences!