“oh my god”
Review of Motel 6 Madras OR

Motel 6 Madras OR
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Madras
Reviewed July 9, 2007

I will never stay here again it was filthy the rooms were loud when I called the front desk to complain they just told me to deal with it and the other group will calm down. Well the finally did and by that time it was time to check out. Never again not in this town

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank p-townizzle

Reviewed April 28, 2007

I have gone to sonnys motel with my family since I was born. It feels like a home away from home and the staff is amazing. Everything is very clean and neat. I love the exceptionally clean outdoor pool and the motel is in a good location. there are a lot of nearby travel attrations and fun things to do. The housekeeping service is allways awesome and does a great job. I plan to return every year for a long long time.

Stayed: April 2007
3  Thank boaterbabe4ever
Reviewed September 27, 2006

This Motel is NOT a safe place for women, elderly people or anyone, especailly fro calif, who is vunerable. there is NO security there. it is a clean place, BUT when I stayed there and 3 drunks tried to break i, 2my room NO ONE WOULD HELP ME! I called the police from my cell phone, and the manager on duty never came out. we were terriified. when the police arrived they quieted the man down (the other 2 fled) but DID NOT ARREST him , although he was intoxicated and left beer cans all over the sidewalk and one can on my car while he ewas trying to beat down the door. NO ONE would help us, We yelled for help, while we were tryhing to figure out how to call 911 from this rinky dink hotel phone, the motel was sold out, yet not ONE person even called the police.The manager on duty slept though it and when i calmed down enough to call her she said it was a "good thing"I called the police, but never came down to check on us or offer any support, and when we checked ou, the new desk manager had no clue what had happened the night before, and the culprits, were sleeping soundly in their rooms, while we evacauated the premises as soon as day break occured with a bill for a sleepless night. What a nightrmare.. Please do not visit madras oregon where drunks are welcome...
. this whole event was so ignorant and scary, I have travelled a lot and have never visted a place so unfriendly, and so unsympathetic. we left at sunrise.and are still in shock at the treatment we recieved, with no offer of reimbursmnent for A horrible night and no real empathy from the people we encountered in this miserable town, where drunks can drive around town and terrorize hotel guests untill the police are summoned and then the drunks go sleep it off, while the tourists lay petrified in their beds until sunrise when they can check out of this god forsaken community!

Stayed: September 2006
5  Thank ckiernan
Reviewed December 17, 2005

We stayed November 25, 2005. Pretty good room, nice and large, but there was quite a bit of highway noise especially from semi's with jake brakes on the hill. The motel is an older one that has been remodeled. The charged rate was higher than the published rate on the web site and on the web site it was laid out kind of funky so you could easily mis-read the rate. They charge the base rate and then add $10.00 per person over one person. Also they said that they decided not to have winter rates this year so they charged us the summer rate. I asked them to please update their web site and it is off line so maybe they are taking care of that now. We went to the Sonnys Restaurant for the evening. The food was good, but the bar had a real "locals only" feel with about 5 video slot machines. We ate at the Apple Peddler Restaurant the next morning and it was good.

14  Thank touristas
Travelers also viewed these Madras hotels
Quality Inn Madras
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Madras Chateau Inn
Budget Inn Madras
Budget Inn Madras
#1 of 3 in Madras

Been to Motel 6 Madras OR? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Madras OR

Address: 1539 SW Highway 97, Madras, OR 97741-9267 (Formerly Sonny's Motel)
Location: United States > Oregon > Central Oregon > Madras
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Madras
Price Range: $67 - $84 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Madras OR 2*
Motel 6 Madras OR is located off US-97. Guests can enjoy rock hounding, hiking, white water rafting, fishing, golfing, skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling. Amenities include micro-fridge units, free Wi-Fi, a seasonal outdoor pool and hot tub. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Motel 6 Madras OR reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sonny`s Hotel Madras