“A shot in the dark”
Review of Motel 6 Madras OR

Motel 6 Madras OR
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Madras
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were tired and decided to stop in Madras. Sonny's looked reasonable and we checked in. The room was large, clean, good carpet and equiped with refrig and microwave. The mattress was a little 'firm' for me. Parking was in front of the room, motel style, which is exactly what we wanted. The wall AC worked well but was a little noisy. The wireless worked well in the evening but not in the morning. We spent the late afternoon at the pool and really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here for a few night, they have a nice little breakfast place in the front office every morning, the room was very clean, the girl Jeanne that worked here is very nice and friendly, and this is where the movie Management was filmed, with Steven Zahn and Jennifer Aniston and Fred Ward, there is a very good Chinese place to eat at near by called Szechuan House.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Charles K
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I was looking for an inexpensive, yet quality place to stay. My intentions were to find a place that I could revisit many times over the course of a few years. I have now stayed at Sonny's many times. Jeanne is wonderful and even has taken the time to remember me. I have always had a clean room. The staff is always very friendly and workable, as many times I come in late at night. I have never had a problem with any other guests, cleanliness of the room or any other problems. I will continue to be a Sonny's patron for as long as my travels take me through Madras!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Valerye G
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a road trip from San Diego to Spokane, WA. Jeanne was super nice when we got there. And her dog, Chucky, is adorable! She told us which restauraunt to go to and how late movies were showing at the theater right next door.

We were really happy with the room. It's nothing fancy and the TV's a little small, but everything was very clean. The carpet, wallpaper, and the linoleum in the bathroom are all fairly new. No weird smells or dirty bathroom!

We chose this hotel over one of the chains becuase we like to patron local businesses. We were pleasantly surprised and will defnitely stay here again when passing through.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FakeName19
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Clean rooms, good family options. We had a 2 room suite as we needed 3 beds. Do not book through hotels.com!!!! Nothing about the reservation was right or was communicated to the hotel.

The breakfast could hardly be called that. Coffee. Dry toast. Quaker instant oatmeal. And juice that was basically water. How about muffins, milk, yogurt, cereal? Something that could be called breakfast?

Staff was pretty flexible about departure times. They could use more chairs outside the rooms.

Room Tip: Call hotel directly to book reservations!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Paradox4u2002
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was stopping by to find a place to live in the area and received a very warm
welcome and the gal Jeanne asked if I wanted to stay in the room they filmed the
movie, Management in. I have seen the movie about 4 times and loved it. So it
was very COOL to get to stay there, The room was well equipped and very clean.
I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here with our two children during a long road trip from California to Montana. Sonny's Motel was affordable, quiet & the rooms were clean. The beds were a bit hard for our taste - but we all got a decent night's rest. There are restaurants & stores near by. A great overnight stay during a road trip.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family