“Outstanding Meal and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rio

Rio
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Madras
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New restaurant in little Madras serving fresh, gourmet Mexican and tantalizing margaritas. The food is unusual, beautifully presented and the owner is a gem. Cost is very reasonable. Meals are quite large (enough for 2).
Portland, Oregon
“Outstanding Meal and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The food at Rio is truly outstanding, and has been every time I have visited. The sauces are better than anything I have ever had at any other Mexican restaurant. If you are a foodie, then you really should try this place when staying on or driving through Madras. The restaurant recently moved about three stores down from its original location. My maps app took me to the old location, and I thought maybe they were closed. I was redirected and relieved to find the new location and have the delicious meal that I have come to expect at Rio.

• Visited October 2012

Clackamas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“omg best mexican food north of the border!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Didn't try any other restaurants in town but tried this one based on TA's advisories and man this is the best mexican food I have had north of the border and I have been to Mexico a lot and love Mexican food, the wait staff turned out to be the chef (we came early 4pm ) and it was fantastic if you can go early do it,it got real busy while we were eating and then others came in to help fulfill the duties of the staff. It is small but the food was amazing and pretty reasonable we were so full I felt like I was going to have to be rolled out. And the house margarita came in two glasses and the tequila was all 100 percent agave which by Mexican standards is the best and were really good margaritas, Can't say enough about this little hole in the wall place. Too great!

1 Thank karen t
Portland, Oregon
“Nice lunch stop!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stopped for lunch on our way home from camping in central OR. Our favorite burger place is long gone, so I looked at TA & saw the positive reviews for Rio & decided to give it a try. We will be back! The salsa & chips were yummy to start. I had the enchiladas with two different mole sauces, very tasty! My hubby enjoyed his plate of chicken & chorizo taco & pork enchilada. I could have eaten a whole bowl of the refried beans, so good! I also really liked that they didn't smother everything in cheese like so many places. The small space is fixed up nicely.

1 Thank LindaLee50
Raleigh, nc
“TAs advice was right, good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I used my iphone to check Trip Advisor's advice for dinner on the way to our hotel and the advice was absolutely RIGHT. The restaurant is in an older building (hole in the wall) but, the place is clean and the food is very good. We arrived just as the restaurant was opening and no one was there so were a bit skeptical but, within 30 minutes there were few tables left as the locals and motels know where to eat in this town. The food was well prepared and presented with excellent. The margarita was large but, bland in taste.

1 Thank wharfsuggestion
Seattle
“You've got to eat here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was the highlight of our weeklong vacation in central Oregon. We stayed by chance in Madras and the lady at the desk at Sonny's recommended Rio. The owner is from Guadalajara and boy, does he know how to cook. Get there early because the restaurant is small and fills up fast.

Visited August 2012