“Great breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Madras
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Geyserville, California
“Great breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went here twice on our trip. Once for breakfast, once for dinner. All four of us had really good breakfast but just ok dinners. I had ribs as did my friend, my husband had the meatloaf. We all agreed just ok food. They do have huge portions if your hungry, it's a good value meal. I would go again for breakfast but not dinner. I have had dinners at other Black Bears and have been satisfied.

Visited April 2013

Richland, Washington, United States
“Great place to eat.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our 4 year old was enamored over the bears. There were bears everywhere. Very cool décor. The service was first rate and the food was a good value. We will be back next time through.

• Visited April 2013
The NW
“Huge portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I mean HUGE portions. We ordered breakfast and the platters they came on were full of food. I think the biscuit served to my son was the size of his head. So if you are a big eater, go to this place. I also noticed plates on other tables were similarly sized. Plan to share something if you can because the portions really are that big.

The overall quality of the food was good. I had a Shasta scramble with red potatoes, biscuit and coffee. It was all good. The coffee was very strong. My son had a "smaller appetites" ham and cheese omelete with hash browns and biscuit. He had just as much food as I did, so I am not sure how they consider this a smaller portion.

Service was efficient and friendly. Prices were affordable for the amount of food you get.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oregon
“Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Black Bear was recommended to us so we thought we would try it. Glad we did. Prices were decent. Service was Good. Food was Great. I have to say, my favorite part was the Decor. Very cute.
I've heard it's always busy, so that must tell you something. If you're near a Black Bear Diner, stop in and try it out.

• Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“COme!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The decor here was so amazing! All about bears, but wasnt trashy at all. I loved it. The food was AMAZING! I wish they wouldve served beer or something along those lines. But other than that, this place was great!

Visited March 2013