“Very Good”

Dining options: Breakfast
Oregon
“Very Good”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Black Bear was recommended to us so we thought we would try it. Glad we did. Prices were decent. Service was Good. Food was Great. I have to say, my favorite part was the Decor. Very cute.
I've heard it's always busy, so that must tell you something. If you're near a Black Bear Diner, stop in and try it out.

• Visited September 2012

Vancouver, Washington
“COme!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The decor here was so amazing! All about bears, but wasnt trashy at all. I loved it. The food was AMAZING! I wish they wouldve served beer or something along those lines. But other than that, this place was great!

Visited March 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
“Best chicken-fried steak!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Have you ever had a chicken fried steak, and you end up looking at everyone else's plate thinking "maybe I should have gotten what they got..."? Well...you won't do that if you order the "Bigfoot Chicken-fried Steak & Eggs"! When they say "it's huge"...they mean it! It was perfectly done...not over-done like some places give you...and excellent gravy and perfect over-easy eggs. I thought I'd had the best CFS at "Po' Folks" in Killeen, TX...but this was better! Don't be afraid of the looks, guys...they're just wishin' they had ordered the same thing! And breakfast for dinner is awesome!

• Visited March 2013
Sisters, Oregon
“Great Brunch!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

After a trip to the dentist I went to Black Bear for a meal. Decided on a vegetarian omelet which was delicious! Service was very good! An added interest was to see a train go over the trestle west of Madras. The kid in me loves trains and what fun to see it chug over the bridge between the hills!

• Visited February 2013
Sandy, Oregon
“Decent consistent food & great service”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We always enjoy eating at the Black Bear Diners when we travel. It's a fairly standard menu. My husband really enjoys their homemade corned beef hash for breakfast. Their breakfast muffins are huge - easily enough for 2 people. We had lunch here with our grandkids and they were disappointed that the mac & cheese seems to come from a Krafts box. But the fruit was fresh and a good-sized portion. I had the California omelet (they serve breakfast all hours they're open) and I enjoyed it. The kids loved the bear decor and we enjoy it also.

• Visited February 2013