“Has features that set it apart from other hotels. It's fantastic!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Madras
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I dragged our poor tired bodies into this hotel recommended by a relative that lived nearby. We were from SC. We often have to get seperate rooms when we travel due to a 23 year history of snoring problems. Two rooms....$ ca-ching!!! We were able to get a great rate on a room on the first floor to the right all the way down the hall that has TWO bedrooms sepeated by a thick door (not your typical adjoinging room scenario) all within the one motel room. It was no more expensive than ONE room at a Hampton Inn, if I recall correctly. It was like you would hope to find at a condo near Disney World. Each bedroom had it's own hi def TV. Quiet beyond belief. Very comfortable beds with quality sheets. Well appointed bathrooms, with a good shower head. No clanking hard to manage heat/ac controls. I have a background in Interior Design. The place blew me away. I wish this chain would take off and build in ATL and around RDU in NC, and Ashville, NC. They are missing a huge market.

Room Tip: Two bedroom lash up all the way down the hall to the right on the first floor. Can't recall the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NewDog2
crosskeysstation, Manager at Inn at Cross Keys Station, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel. I'm so glad to hear you had an excellent stay with us. We look forward to having you stay again soon.

There are newer reviews for Inn at Cross Keys Station

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Madras. Very reasonable rates, spacious rooms, swimming pool and hot tub are very nice, great variety of breakfast items and friendly staff. The only reason that we didn;t give this one an excellent was the bed. We had a king size bed and although it wasn;t uncomfortable, it seemed to have a large ridge in the middle that sloped down to the sides, causing you to end up close the edge. Overall a great experience and we would stay again, but may request the queen bed instead!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Passtrackers
crosskeysstation, General Manager at Inn at Cross Keys Station, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for the nice comment. It makes the staff here at the Inn at Cross Keys feel like we are doing a good job. I will look into the issue you were having with the bed. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Management

Reviewed May 4, 2013

After the second try to get keycards that would open my room door, the desk manager handed me a housekeeping keycard. I stated that I felt uncomfortable using a card that would allow access to any/all guest rooms; she left me no option. Upon checking out, I again stated that using the housekeeping keycard made me uncomfortable, put me and other guests at risk, and was a liability for the hotel. The same staff person identified herself as the manager, and did not seem to grasp why this was a problem. I will not be staying at this property again--knowing that security is lax and that unauthorized people may be randomly given access to guest rooms. Too bad; this is the newest hotel in Madras with some nice features.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank Linda D
crosskeysstation, Manager at Inn at Cross Keys Station, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

The comment made by this customer regarding the safety risk is not valid. Occasionally we do encounter problems with our key card system. In the case that the guest is not able to open their door, the hotel staff will try to make the card again. If this does not work we do have special keys that we can make for specific roooms that will overide the system. There was not safety risk that occured during this incident. This is just standard procedure.

Manager

Reviewed April 13, 2013

After 2 long days on the road, this hotel was such a treat. The decorating was first class! Our compliments to the person who chose the carpets, furniture, laminate, stone etc. We loved the furniture in the lobby. I liked the yogurt and fruit cups at breakfast. We love this part of Oregon - beautiful country. Highway 97 is the best.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jan g

Thank you soo much for the wonderful comments made on the hotel. We are very proud of the product we offer here in Madras. I will pass along to our interior decorator that you really like the decor'. It will make her smile!!

Manager

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed in Mid March 2013, arriving on a weekend evening, we were greeted warmly to a clean and tidy Hotel with a nice indoor pool and a small high quality cardio fitness room overlooking the indoor pool.
A group of medaevelists were staying over the weekend, providing for some interesting attire and perhaps some gaming.
Rooms are tidy and modern with flatscreen TVs and clean modern bathroom,beds were comfy. Location was good for sleep as the Adjacent Hwy is down the hill a bit and also has sparce traffic at Night.

By far the nicest place to stay in Madras, at a price that saves you 60-100 bucks compared to a comparable Inn in Bend.
Booked our stay based on Trip Advisor reviews.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Papatravels
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from a hotel in a small town like Madras but was pleasantly surprised by the friendly, helpful staff, the clean facilities and the nice amenities. The pool and hot tub area are very nice and open 24 hours. Breakfast was nothing special, but it did the job and had plenty of items to select from. The desk agent who checked us in was extremely helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TWHR
Reviewed February 19, 2013

It has been over 8 years sence I have been back to Madras Oregon, my wife has never been there. We checked in on the 9th of Feb, and OMG, this hotel was top notch on everything. The decor and atmosphere was like that of a high-end ski resort. The staff was warm and accommodating and made our stay feel like we were at home. Since we were on a tight budget, we greatly appreciated the complimentary breakfast. This hotel offers a 24hr indoor heated swimming pool and jacuzzi that is awesome, as well as, a 24hr gym (which my wife loved). I would highly recommend this hotel for couples or families.
The Hendersons

Room Tip: Ask for a bottom room with children. They are very accommodating.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ebeth2teach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madras
Quality Inn Madras
#1 of 1 in Warm Springs
Hub Motel
Hub Motel
#8 of 8 in Redmond

Been to Inn at Cross Keys Station? Share your experiences!