“Central Oregon Country Paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyons
Elkhorn Valley Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Lyons B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Approaching from a winding road which switches from pavement to gravel to pavement again, taking care to watch out for a few dangerous potholes, you will spot a roadside sign: “Elk Horn Bed and Breakfast.” Enter here. If it is a colder season, two or three smoking chimneys may greet you in the spacious driveway

Built in the 1930s and situated on 55 acres of pure, country joy, this lovely house was purchased a decade ago turned into a bed and breakfast. Two creeks run across the backyard, just below the 50 or so foot drop off of the back patio. It is a lush, green ampitheater of tall pines and grassy meadows. The pleasant sound of flowing water abounds, as do the songs of birds and the ribbits of frogs. I have even heard rumors of salamanders running around.

The rustic yet modern feel of the home will comfort you, bringing back memories of of so-and-so’s lovely country home – or perhaps your own, if you are lucky enough to have one. We stayed in the Robin Nest, a long and wide room with a fireplace, king-sized bed, and plush carpets. Larry will give you a tour. If he is not in, you will meet his mother, a should-be prize winning pancake chef. I will not give away her secret ingredient.

You will not go hungry when you stay here. Both quality and quantity are the core values of the fine breakfasts served. The blue-berries are homegrown. Larry will tell you how two varieties are required for proper pollination.

It feels like home. Larry is a true gentleman and a fine cook. He may even put on a concert on the back porch with his acoustic guitar. And he should not shy away from those vocals. He has the golden, baritone voice of a country/folk singer.

Highly recommended by both the lady and I, we cannot say a single negative word about the whole experience. A great nest from which to venture out on hikes, we climbed Henline Mountain all the way into the snow caps and may go back in the summer when all of that has melted.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan R

Reviewed July 5, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this little gem up in the Elkhorn Valley. It's so quiet and peaceful there. The pictures on the Elkhorn Valley Inn website, which show a pretty, well-appointed B&B, do not do this place justice.

Robin and her son Larry run the B&B, and were so friendly, warm, and accommodating. They sat and chatted with me when I arrived, which made me feel so welcome. My room with a private bath was immaculate, cozy, and beautiful. There was even a fluffy white robe in the armoire!

Breakfast (which was served outside on the deck with an incredible view) was over the top in terms of both quality and quantity: fresh fruit, yogurt, homemade muffins, and hash browns, as well as an excellent sausage, egg, and cheese dish.

The only inconvenience was lack of cell phone reception. However, this is the kind of place you would visit to get away from it all, and Larry graciously offered to take a message on the house phone if someone needed to reach me.

I plan to stay there again as soon as I can get back to Oregon. When I left, it was like I was saying goodbye to old friends.

Thanks, Robin and Larry, for taking such good care of me!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank LaughsaLot8675309
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed at the Elkhorn Valley Inn the night before heading down to Crater Lake. The host (Miss Robin) was very friendly and knowledgeable(she recommended a great place for dinner).The room we stayed in was large and very comfortable. The Inn was extremely clean and the breakfast was excellent. There was a hot tub on the rear deck and you could hear the river at the back of the property. The Inn is in a beautiful setting surrounded by trees, and there is a golf course less than 2 miles down the road. Except for the sounds of nature, the Inn is in an extremely quiet area. We highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband surprised me with a 2 night getaway to Rene's Cottage at Elkhorn Valley Inn. What a peace-filled, quiet place! Cozy gas fireplace which encourages napping, view of the mountains everywhere you look, a wrap-around porch with breakfast outside and God's beauty and peace surrounding you. What more could you ask for? Our lovely hosts.

Robin, Karen and Larry are so hospitable and take care of everything with such a sweet attitude. Robin: thank you so much for the lovely anniversary picnic lunch (my husband asked ahead for an extra fee, but well worth it)--wonderfully seasoned fried chicken breasts, hard boiled eggs, salami and brie, fresh strawberries, cantaloupe, and grapes, pecan pie, and more than I can remember. We even had leftovers for dinner that night.

We spent the day Saturday driving around and visiting 5 of the local covered bridges and the rest of our time enjoying the comforts of our cottage, complete with french doors leading to our own private patio from our bedroom. We can only hope that next time, God will bless us with clear skies for stargazing. Gives us reason to return. . .

We left relaxed and not wanting to leave. May God continue blessing you so that you can keep blessing us with your lovely home and hospitality.

Thank you so much for making our anniversary special,
Kathy and Mike (Tigard, OR)

P.S. (For those of you who remember your swimsuits, there is a hot tub at the main house to use. We also had DVD's, video and cable channels if you do TV).

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We were met by our very hospitable hostess Robin, and shown around the bed and breakfast. We met her son Larry who was assisting her later in the evening upon our return. There is someone in the house 24/7, Larry uses the bedroom downstairs off the kitchen. The bedrooms are located upstairs there are a total of 4, one I believe has a bathroom, the other 3 share the bathroom. . There is one bathroom with shower on this floor, there is a tub and shower downstairs. Lucky for us we were the only ones at the B&B at this time.There were no robes provided so going downstairs to use that facility would have been difficult if you didn’t have a robe with you. There were small bottles of dove shower wash, and 2 small bottles of non descript conditioner, no shampoo. Glad I brought my own. There is a room that has the TV in it that is available for guests to use, downstairs. Furniture is a bit dated but useable. This as others commented is in the woods, and remote and far from restaurants. Larry her son who is generous in spirit and a very nice guy was our host in the morning. He set out nice dishes and provided us with coffee before our breakfast. Sadly though this was not the gourmet breakfast I normally get when staying at B&B’s. We had sliced fruit, bacon and rather a flat French toast. He was looking around for other bread and the only bread was wheat that he could find. The French toast could of used more volume. Juice and coffee was included. There was a table that had cookies on it, upon our return at night and different teas were available. Hot water was provided, there was a small refrigerator close by but it was empty. No bottled water or soda. This is a nice place to read a book on their large porch. If you are interested in being pampered with awakening to a great breakfast then I don’t feel like this is the place for you. It was simple; it was a plain simple breakfast. Filled us up, but didn’t come close to what was described. If you want to be in the woods with quiet this is indeed your place for reading that great book you never have time to read.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tika2
Robin1937, Owner at Elkhorn Valley Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2011

Yes, we have restored this 1934 Farm house with five bedrooms and four baths in the main house. We also have Rene's Cottage from the main house with full bath, a great room with kitchenette, fireplace, all equiped with HBO, direct tv, patio with BBQ and outside fire pit, large full bath with rain shower and claw foot tub to take a bubble bath. Robin, owner is still here to prepare breakfast and the help of her relatives and sorry that the breakfast was not to your satisfaction. All my other reviews were happy with all, just one mistake in nine years that we have had since the bed and breakfast has been open. Perfect place for those that love the outdoor and sitting out on the large deck to have breakfast in the mornings overlooking the cascade mountains.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Elkhorn Valley Inn was our first experience staying at a B & B and it was absolutely fabulous! Robin is a classic, unobtrusive innkeeper, but always available for your every need. Each morning Robin greeted us with a warm smile and treated us to a scrumptious breakfasts that left us with full tummy's and ready for a day of relaxing on the back deck or a day at Detroit Lake. The view from the deck is unbelievable as we watched the sunset and moon rise over the mountains. Our spacious bedroom was filled with beautiful decor and very comfortable.
We can not wait to visit Robin and Larry again in the near future as we once again enjoy this little peace of heaven they call Elkhorn Valley Inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Was thinking about this Inn today as I stayed at another B and B last week. Couldn't help, but compare the two.

Both Inns came with a very hospitable Innkeeper.

Robin of Elkhorn Valley Inn tries very hard to be accommodating. Her B and B is quiet and peaceful in large part because it is in the middle of nowhere. Staying at the Elkhorn Valley Inn is truly a get away from it all experience.

Robin makes a delicous hot breakfast in the morning and it is very relaxing to eat out on the deck. I enjoyed the breakfast fare and diverse group of people staying at the Inn.

Did not enjoy the common bathroom. Was there in 2007 and I hope that since then, there are newer towels and linens and better TV reception.. B and B was clean, but not immaculate.

If you are in the area, stay there. If you are like me, the quiet is a bit overwhelming. I enjoyed coastal Oregon far more than the Lyons area, but the blueberry picking was fun and the surroundings were serene.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo

Been to Elkhorn Valley Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!