This is a review for my stay back in April 2010, my appologies for taking so long to write it. However, being in the hotel industry, I know how important TripAdvisor reviews are now to the traveling market. The SurfTides has come a long way in since thier renovation, the hotel is in a great location (now they offer a casino shuttle too) just down the street from my very favorite place to eat (the Blackfish Cafe). The rooms are nice, not over the top, but have very nice duvets and love the large square pillows with the mermaid logo. :) A comy throw at the end of the bed was used more than once for a leisure evening on the balcony that faces the ocean. A nice touch that hotels often miss. We ate happy hour at Mist (next door), honestly I would like to have seen a little more bang for my buck here, but the place has potential. Its very inviting, I was sad that my family and one other couple were the only ones to partake on a early Saturday evening. Perhaps a bit more advertising or a reputation for a valuable happy hour menu would help alot. The fire pit in the bar was not turned on when we got there, after I asked about it the barmaid told me they hardly ever turn it on because it warms the place quickly. Sad. I would have liked to dine with it on, as it was only April, I didnt feel it would be out of the question to have it on in the evenings. More about the hotel.. they have a very nice pool, that is seperate from the hotel (helps with noise levels for sure) and we enjoyed it very much in the evening. The walk to the beach was both a little creepy and fun at the same time, as you must walk under the building to get to the beach and through I presume what used to be the bottom floor of a hotel from long ago. It is well lit however and we made the trek a few times during our trip. They do have some work to do however, the continental breakfast was not as expected. Next time I will bring my own snacks instead as there was simply not enough to go around and the breakfast was not attended by the hotel staff. This is the sole reason for my 3 star on the service. This is a simple fix and can quickly earn back your star for next time. Oh and they do have what looks to be a courtyard complete with fire pits for relaxing in the evening. They were not in use when I was there on this stay but I am sure it was because it was soon after the renovation and perhaps they were not quite ready for use. One thing that was outstanding to me was that I also left these comments when I left the hotel on thier comment sheet, I was impressed that the very next day I had a personal email from the general manager addressing my concerns and thanking me for my stay with them. THIS ALONE would make me come back as I believe in managments role at a hotel and value it greatly. I will indeed be back in June this year to spend my birthday weekend and am looking forward to a beautiful room, and another happy stay. Continue the good work Surftides, I look forward to seeing you grow to be THE destination on the oregon coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront multi-acre boutique hotel offering priceless memories for families, weddings, romantic getaways or just being with friends. Design and all the amenities you should expect in your perfect vacation. Indoor pool, on-site restaurant, indoor Jacuzzi, Workout room, Bike rentals, Basket Ball Court, multiple fire pits and the list goes on. All the above on-site amenities also come with crashing waves, cry of seagulls, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, warm sand squishing between your toes and of course priceless memories with your loved ones ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel