I talked with Claudia and booked a double queen room for the kite festival week-end. She was friendly and accomodating on the phone. We arrived and upon checking in, there were several people in line. A lady (I didn't get her name) yelled, "NEXT IN LINE." so I stepped up and told her my name, she thrust several papers in front of me to sign, asked me in a wooden tone for my license and credit card. I signed the paper and then realized it was for someone else and for a king room. Right next to us the same thing happened to a couple, they realized they had signed for an incorrect room. In this lady's haste, she wasn't paying attention and was trying to hurry up the process. None of the couples that were checking in were impatient so I didn't understand the clipped tone of voice she was using, even her apology for the error was puzzling to me. It was obvious that customer service isn't her strongpoint, I was very pleasant to her, thanking her, etc. Nothing would sway her apparent lack of interest in her job. But.....that aside, everything else was spot on with our stay at the Surftides.
We were so happy with our choice of room. Yes, the rooms are starting to show a little age with peeling wallpaper, worn carpet, etc but hey, the room was immaculately clean, comfortable beds, a small fridge, keurig coffee maker with k-cups, a small microwave, real coffee cups, silverware, plates and bowls in the cupboard area. There was a table and two chairs next to the window, a balcony that you could go out and sit in the two lawn chairs that were out there (they were even clean). The only thing we didn't have was a fireplace but that was okay in our books. We have stayed before in the king room and there was a fireplace in that choice. I opted for the double queen room because my husband needs to wear an orthotic boot to bed and sometimes kicks me during his sleep, so this is now our option to solve this.
There is wine tasting in the lobby check in area during the afternoon with cheese platters, fruit platters and freshly made cookies were available, also. There is a selection cold drinks you can purchase to take to your room, freshly made coffee is also available.
We watched the kite festival, saw a wedding on the beach right below our third floor room, many people had bonfires on the beach right outside of the resort and they were all having fun. The Surftides is a great place to stay, people are friendly and helpful (aside from the one lady at check-in). There is a seperate pool area but we didn't take advantage of the pool this visit. I highly recommend this resort and the price for the room was very reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront multi-acre boutique hotel offering priceless memories for families, weddings, romantic getaways or just being with friends. Design and all the amenities you should expect in your perfect vacation. Indoor pool, on-site restaurant, indoor Jacuzzi, Workout room, Bike rentals, Basket Ball Court, multiple fire pits and the list goes on. All the above on-site amenities also come with crashing waves, cry of seagulls, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, warm sand squishing between your toes and of course priceless memories with your loved ones ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel