“Beautiful room great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Surftides Lincoln City

Surftides Lincoln City
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
“Beautiful room great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've stayed at surftides many times and I love it. Great location and the restaurant (The Mist) was great. Their lounge is awesome with Bret playing and then brunch with the buffet amazing!! I love the view, customer service and the location! I will definitely be going back soon!!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Aloha, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

First stay at this hotel due to buying a Groupon. The room was clean, beds comfy but the best part was the view. It was nice having a small balcony facing the ocean. Rooms have small fridge, microwave and a Keurig coffee maker so if you go bring your favorite K-cup (they provide french roast only). The outside fire pits are a nice place to sit in the evening but can get rather loud. We did not use the pool and hot tub but others were enjoying themselves there. I was pleasantly surprised when we received a call in our room inquiring how we felt about the housekeeping and if everything was OK. Easy beach access. We would stay here again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paradise California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We decided to drive up the Oregon Coast and spend the night at the Surftides hotel. Once we checked in we were given our room keys and proceeded to go to our room. The door was wide open and there were several construction workers in it. We went back to the front desk and they apologized and gave us another room and the same thing happened. It was full of workers on saws and hammering things. We went back and told them and they were shocked that the computer allowed them to check us into rooms that were not available. They could have looked out their back window and known that. After requesting a room away from the construction we did get a room. The view is 5 stars and it did have a private balcony. The laminate floor and poor finish work, on this newly remodeled room, and uncomfortable furniture made the stay not feel comfortable. The kicker was when we went to the lobby to check out a DVD and they were charging $4.95 for very, very old movies. The wifi didn't work either. There are lots of nice places to stay in this area and I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank motherpw
Turner, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The stay was very comfortable and relaxing. Yes the room was dated but we didn't care. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, the people were very attentive to our request. Great view. It was a great weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gresham, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My kids and I had a great time their and would totally go again. The view was awesome and we had a room with a fireplace that made it even better. The restaurant had good food and my kids enjoyed the pool and I liked the hot jacuzzi. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The service at this place is horrible. It is a Saturday night and there is not a manager or even anyone with authority anywhere. They told us upon arrival that our room we requested was unavailable. And they were upgrading us. At first thought that was nice but the room had a separate bedroom and with all of the foot traffic and screaming basketball team playing tag outside our room it was horrible. They were actually peaking in our room and freaked my kids out. While in the pool earlier that night there was the same 10 to 12 kids swimming with zero parents. I went to complain because my kids kept getting knocked around in the pool and the line was too long and only one person. Who had an angry look on her face. I was not waiting. Stefani was her name. I called at 9:09 the front desk to complain about the noise and the kids running wild and to my surprise no answer.. I called multiple times and no answer. I put my shoes in and walked to front desk and the rude girl was still there. I asked to please speak to a manager and she said no one was there. Really your at full capacity and no one is here that can take a complaint? I told her about the kids she told me it wasn't 10. I told her about the long black hairs in the showers and the dirty dishes. She didn't care. If your trying to make this a boutique hotel why do you have a teenager that looks like she just rolled out of bed and came to work at your front desk. I wonder is its Stefani fault or just that no one has trained her in customer service. The only nice guy was the younger maint. Guy who lit the fires and suggested we buy s'more fixings which we did. This dirty hotel has a lot going for it-Location and price. But cleanliness and rudeness is way to prominent stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank BBfromPtown
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We bought a Groupon for 1 nights stay in a king room with a fireplace. The view was very nice but the room was dated and falling apart. I hear that the other side of the resort has been redone, so I would definitely request a room on that side.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple