WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Gresham, Oregon, United States
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My kids and I had a great time their and would totally go again. The view was awesome and we had a room with a fireplace that made it even better. The restaurant had good food and my kids enjoyed the pool and I liked the hot jacuzzi. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

The service at this place is horrible. It is a Saturday night and there is not a manager or even anyone with authority anywhere. They told us upon arrival that our room we requested was unavailable. And they were upgrading us. At first thought that was nice but the room had a separate bedroom and with all of the foot traffic and screaming basketball team playing tag outside our room it was horrible. They were actually peaking in our room and freaked my kids out. While in the pool earlier that night there was the same 10 to 12 kids swimming with zero parents. I went to complain because my kids kept getting knocked around in the pool and the line was too long and only one person. Who had an angry look on her face. I was not waiting. Stefani was her name. I called at 9:09 the front desk to complain about the noise and the kids running wild and to my surprise no answer.. I called multiple times and no answer. I put my shoes in and walked to front desk and the rude girl was still there. I asked to please speak to a manager and she said no one was there. Really your at full capacity and no one is here that can take a complaint? I told her about the kids she told me it wasn't 10. I told her about the long black hairs in the showers and the dirty dishes. She didn't care. If your trying to make this a boutique hotel why do you have a teenager that looks like she just rolled out of bed and came to work at your front desk. I wonder is its Stefani fault or just that no one has trained her in customer service. The only nice guy was the younger maint. Guy who lit the fires and suggested we buy s'more fixings which we did. This dirty hotel has a lot going for it-Location and price. But cleanliness and rudeness is way to prominent stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank BBfromPtown
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We bought a Groupon for 1 nights stay in a king room with a fireplace. The view was very nice but the room was dated and falling apart. I hear that the other side of the resort has been redone, so I would definitely request a room on that side.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank iheartcoheed129
Lincoln City, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We've returned to Surftides - no place better to relax and soak up the ocean - do some sightseeing along the coast, poke around in shops - and back to relax! If you're looking for the rooms with the REAL sofas and tables that can be moved to adjust your view of the ocean, go for the CLASSIC rooms (also known as "not remodeled") for the best experience!

Room Tip: Go for the CLASSIC rooms!
Bend
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Surftide and really enjoyed ourselves. The view from our room was beautiful and we loved the easy beach access. The best part was having a fireplace very close to the sliding window so we could enjoy our coffee and view near a nice fire. We also enjoyed the swimming pool, sauna and hottub on our stay. I espeically liked that the sauna and hottube area were 21 and over. We had breakfast and dinner at the MIST which was nice and resonably priced. Overall, we had a great stay at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: I suggest upgrading to the King Suite with the fire place, it was well worth the extra money in my b...
1 Thank M S
Brush Prairie, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Was overcharged for room compared to rate online.
Room was average.
Room service from Tides restaurant average.
Never returned one of four emails from before and after stay.
Requested manager to return call, but no one has ever called.
A few other random complaints.
Last on shuttle to casino, also means last to get off.
If paying full price, stay somewhere nicer.

2 Thank 1hopethishelpsyou1
Pleasant Hill, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just spent two nights at the Surftides and had a great stay. Very helpful and friendly staff. Clean and eclectic room with fireplace and great view! Easy walk to beach and cool outdoor fireplaces. Restaurant onsite and good snacks in the lobby. This place has a funky vibe just right for relaxin!

I do agree with a previous reviewer that the curtain situation needs to be different. They were very in the way of the view in our room and no where to put them. Slider in our room very hard to open. Love the laminate floors instead of carpet! Feels soo much cleaner. Beds are firm but nicely made with good linens.

Room Tip: We stayed in 434 smaller but great corner view and very quiet....except when someone is staying in...