I visited this hotel, the weekend of Dec 28-30 usng a Groupon. The room(double queen, oceanfront) we got was on the the top floor (4th floor) of the main building. As other reviewers noted that had gotten non renovated rooms, yes, there was some dated furniture pieces with showing wear and some damage. The walls corners did show wear and decor was dated. The carpet did have some type of smell, but not strong enough to make us change rooms. The edges and corners of the room could have been vacuumed better as we noted there was an old piece of popcorn and some small pieces of trash underneath the bedskirts from previous occupants. Otherwise the beds were clean and well made up and the sink area and bathroom were both clean. We did have some problems with the TV (just a older tube type TV) and getting the DVD player to work, but each time we called the front desk for help, a maintenance man was at our door with in 2-5 minutes tops.
Here's where Surftides shines-their customer service and the 'little' things. Each time I called the front desk they were courteous, friendly and very helpful. The room is ocean front (as in literally on the beach) where as other hotel/motel properties are higher up on the bluff. We spend some time seeing a full moon rising above the beach and seeing the surf come in closer than most places we've stayed on the northwest coast. Surftides also runs a small contest every day where they hide a few wooden Surftides mermaid cutouts somewhere on the property. Anyone who finds one can win a discount to use at the Mist Restaurant (which is operated by Surftides), a free T-shirt with the mermaid logo or a discount on a future stay. The firepits outside that are lit every night are a nice addition and allow visitors to roast smores and just 'gather around'. The lobby has a nice fireplace and seating that you can sit and play board games and cookies are provided every night. Also, there's free fresh coffee in the lobby every a.m. Also, we were able to access the wi-fi (no charge), sometimes it was slow but most of the time we had no problem with it. I also thought the food at the Mist Restaurant was very good. We ate there for a dinner and a breakfast - on Sunday there's a small buffet breakfast and had a nice variety of food. Waiters were alert and provided excellent service.
There was a pool and sauna in a separate building but we did not get a chance to try it.
Normally, I would not give a place 3 stars with the kind of cleanliness issues and worn dated furniture, but I could tell that this place was undergoing renovation (as other reviewers had noted). We also couldn't complain too much because our Groupon made our stay a good deal.
We will probably return again and ask for a renovated room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront multi-acre boutique hotel offering priceless memories for families, weddings, romantic getaways or just being with friends. Design and all the amenities you should expect in your perfect vacation. Indoor pool, on-site restaurant, indoor Jacuzzi, Workout room, Bike rentals, Basket Ball Court, multiple fire pits and the list goes on. All the above on-site amenities also come with crashing waves, cry of seagulls, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, warm sand squishing between your toes and of course priceless memories with your loved ones ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel