I booked a two night stay at Surftides (8/27/11 - 8/29/11) for my Grandmothers 83rd birthday. I wanted to book somewhere with an ocean view, so that she could look out on the beach and watch the water since she has limited mobility. Check in at Surftides is at 4 PM (which in my opinion is a little late, considering their check out time is 11 AM). We arrived around 3:30 and were told that our room would not be ready for another half hour. The gentlemen that were working the front desk were very professional and used to the utmost respect when explaining to patrons that rooms were simply not ready (which is not their fault; however, they are the ones who take all the criticism.) Working in a customer service oriented field myself, I was very impressed with how these gentlemen (one of them had dreads and the other was tall with dark hair and dark skin, younger) handled the heat given from the impatient and irrational people.
We got to our room which was remotely accessible from the parking lot - so we didn't have to go up or down any stairs, which is exactly what we asked for when we booked. Our room was clean and the perfect amount of space for the two of us. The next day, the house keepers stopped by and replaced our towels, soaps, coffees, and took out our garbage. They asked my grandmother if she needed or wanted anything else and she said that everything was okay. (We do not need sheets changed everyday, as this is a waste when only staying two nights.) The gentleman from housekeeping was very friendly and professional as well.
The only reason I am giving this 3 starts instead of 5 are as follows: It was not pleasant to be able to hear the showers running in the room next to us, as they are very loud and unpleasant when trying to sleep in. Also, with being on the 3rd floor, the cement walkways carry any heavy footsteps, so children running and the housekeeping carts made quite a bit of noise as well. Pillows on beds were the size of accent pillows found on couches, instead of regular sized pillows found on most beds. We ordered breakfast from MIST and had it delivered to our room via room service and were disappointed to see that it came in a paper food carrier (eco friendly) lined with tin foil, which made it hard to use cutlery because we did not want pieces of foil in our food. We also did not receive any salt, pepper, or ketchup with our order. Overall, the food itself was good and the young woman who delivered was very friendly and apologized for the wait even though it didn't take long for the food to arrive at all. As I stated earlier, I think a check in time of 4 PM is a little later when check out is at 11 AM.
Would stay again, but plan on doing some price checking elsewhere with earlier check in times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront multi-acre boutique hotel offering priceless memories for families, weddings, romantic getaways or just being with friends. Design and all the amenities you should expect in your perfect vacation. Indoor pool, on-site restaurant, indoor Jacuzzi, Workout room, Bike rentals, Basket Ball Court, multiple fire pits and the list goes on. All the above on-site amenities also come with crashing waves, cry of seagulls, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, warm sand squishing between your toes and of course priceless memories with your loved ones ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel