“Little bit over priced, but had a good stay overall.”

Surftides Lincoln City
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I booked a two night stay at Surftides (8/27/11 - 8/29/11) for my Grandmothers 83rd birthday. I wanted to book somewhere with an ocean view, so that she could look out on the beach and watch the water since she has limited mobility. Check in at Surftides is at 4 PM (which in my opinion is a little late, considering their check out time is 11 AM). We arrived around 3:30 and were told that our room would not be ready for another half hour. The gentlemen that were working the front desk were very professional and used to the utmost respect when explaining to patrons that rooms were simply not ready (which is not their fault; however, they are the ones who take all the criticism.) Working in a customer service oriented field myself, I was very impressed with how these gentlemen (one of them had dreads and the other was tall with dark hair and dark skin, younger) handled the heat given from the impatient and irrational people.

We got to our room which was remotely accessible from the parking lot - so we didn't have to go up or down any stairs, which is exactly what we asked for when we booked. Our room was clean and the perfect amount of space for the two of us. The next day, the house keepers stopped by and replaced our towels, soaps, coffees, and took out our garbage. They asked my grandmother if she needed or wanted anything else and she said that everything was okay. (We do not need sheets changed everyday, as this is a waste when only staying two nights.) The gentleman from housekeeping was very friendly and professional as well.

The only reason I am giving this 3 starts instead of 5 are as follows: It was not pleasant to be able to hear the showers running in the room next to us, as they are very loud and unpleasant when trying to sleep in. Also, with being on the 3rd floor, the cement walkways carry any heavy footsteps, so children running and the housekeeping carts made quite a bit of noise as well. Pillows on beds were the size of accent pillows found on couches, instead of regular sized pillows found on most beds. We ordered breakfast from MIST and had it delivered to our room via room service and were disappointed to see that it came in a paper food carrier (eco friendly) lined with tin foil, which made it hard to use cutlery because we did not want pieces of foil in our food. We also did not receive any salt, pepper, or ketchup with our order. Overall, the food itself was good and the young woman who delivered was very friendly and apologized for the wait even though it didn't take long for the food to arrive at all. As I stated earlier, I think a check in time of 4 PM is a little later when check out is at 11 AM.

Would stay again, but plan on doing some price checking elsewhere with earlier check in times.

There are newer reviews for Surftides Lincoln City

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I booked three nights for the weekend at the last minute. I checked reviews after the fact and was really worried it wasn't going to be a decent place, but it was. What we liked best, as a family was the beach access... it's right there on the beach, which makes it easy if you have little ones. We've got a four year old and a two year old. We stayed in an updated room, but it was still a little shabby around the edges: old doors (bathroom door didn't lock), old vanity, broken down caulking in the bathroom. On the good side: The beds were really comfortable and everything was cleaned well when we got there. They won't service your room while you're there unless you ask them. We asked them for extra towels b/c we used the swimming pool and more coffee and they brought it, but best to catch someone on the cleaning staff when they're out cleaning rooms if you need something b/c they'll give it to you right there.

Would we stay again? Probably.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

Sorry But I would not go back here we got there after 4 our room was not ready so we waited for 5 minutes, finally got in the room and we had to call for there were NO towels in the room. The bed was extremely hard...... Sand in the bed Really.... Dishes were dirty!!! I toook back to Decaf coffees in the morning stating that I did not want Decaf I wanted regular and what did I get in return ..... Two more Decafs NOT acceptable...... Went to the so called restaurant what a JOKE since when do the servers argue with the guest????? never heard of it before..... had a beer but waited around to get another one.... POOOOOOOOR service....

Would not suggest anyone go to either of these places.... Sorry just my oppinion.....

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robert B
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My friend and I decided to take a trip to Lincoln City with our two little boys. While searching hotels in the area we came upon the Surftides website. The pictures made the hotel look really nice and most of the reviews raved about how wonderful the hotel was. We made our reservation, $225 and were excited for our weekend away. We pulled up to the hotel and it was such a disappointment, it was old and looked nothing like the pictures. We gave it the benefit of the doubt and hoped the room would be nicer. It wasn't!!! It was dark and old, the only nicer looking thing in the room was the comforter on the bed and the fancy throw pillows. The hide-a-bed was stained, the floor was filthy, we found a slurpee lid and straw in our ice bucket, eww. The night got worse. It was hot in our room, there was no A/C or even a fan, our neighbors were super loud and we could hear the toilet flush next door. All I have to say is DON'T STAY HERE. I don't know what all the hype was about, the website is terribly misleading and the price was outrageous for the room we got. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Shannon B
Reviewed August 15, 2011

For some reason hotel management feels it is not necessary to clean your room if you stay more than one day. Poor cleaning standards.

2  Thank stephen d
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank your review.

It is our policy to clean each room unless a guest request not to have the room clean.

We did receive your guest card after you checked out and the housekeeper was fired over this incident. And the head of Housekeeping was written up.

Our apologies for this.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Ugh just spent three nights in the hotel and had three rooms for our party. The first night we went to the restaurent and had a horrible experience for which we were charged full price and an gratutiy was added. No butter for breakfast, inconsitent portions, cold. Great menu concept. Lobster mac and cheese is amazing...and the prices are affordable. The hostess rolled her eyes when we asked for a table for 10, and walked away. We were not sure if we should leave or stay. The manage of the both assured me we would be compensated and that never happened. Room was not cleaned and restocked after our first night, despite calling and requesting. The second day it was cleaned after another request . One of the TVs in our rooms didnt have full channels, they did fix this promptly. Three keys didnt work so maitenance came and fixed it because we were locked out. Bill themselves as a pet hotel but we were instructed to not walk our pets on the property. I did love the updated rooms, the unique flooring, very clean. Pool area has water damage, needs paint and fixing. The spa/jacuzzi was disgusting with hair and algae on the sides. Short staffed in every department. Housekeepers, females yelling to each other from floor to floor using profanity. To expensive to get this kind of poor service. Probably wouldnt be nearly as angry if they had compensated us as they stated they would but it was just one more crazy thing. Managers, nodded and apologized.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are best
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your review.

We do and did apologize for what happened to you over dinner. The person who rolled their eyes at you was fired, your dinner was comped, you were given a gift certificate and your rate on your room adjusted.

As for the pets, we own the property directly across the street ( wide open field ) and all of our guests are free to walk their pets over there. We simply ask that no one lets their pets do there business where the hotel buildings are out of respect for all guests.

It was our understanding after we spoke with you that we had corrected all of your issues. I clearly see we did not and I apologize.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

HI! We were given a gift for a nights stay at Surftides by my very generous In Laws. My boyfriend, son and I left Portland, Oregon August 4th, 2011 and headed west to Lincoln City. We arrived and found the street, 30th, and turned west, down list cute little residential street, and BOOM! There is the SurfTides. My boyfriend and young son, waited in the car, and I ran in to see if our room was ready. Check in isnt until after 3pm, but we wanted to see if they were ready for us, as I thought it would be nice to get our son use to his new surroundings. He's up for adventure, but being picky about where he sleeps, its a good idea to get a head start. They were indeed ready for us, we got our keys, and went to our room.

The place is wonderful, a nice restaurant next door, pool near the lobby, a confrenece room, just the perfect amount of space! We opened the door, and our son was thrilled, he ran to the balcony and opened the door, and sat in the chair, and looked in awe of our beach front view. We Play he said... I said, yes, as soon as we unpack. In our room was a very large bathroom, King size bed, couch that slept 2 if needed, table and chairs, and a very wonderful dvd player and flat panel tv. They brought our portable crib, and my son knew that is where he would be, so he thru in his Thomas the Train pillow, his blanket, and various other bed time things.

We rested for a bit after our little drive, then headed to the IGA Grocery store, and got our food for the day/night. This hotel is quiet, even when full, noises don't carry. We heard a small hum from a neighbors fan, but that was the only noise. Even the sea gulls are quiet.

You can take the elevator down to the beach, and there you are. Once we had lunch, we headed out for our day of adventure. Got back to SurfTides, and there is plenty of parking for everyone. If you like to park away from your hotel and walk, they have a space for you. If you are on the ground floor, they even have a lot for you. No matter your parking needs, they have it. Which helps, when you have small kids, a lot of gear, and may need a short walk. Its all within reach. At night, I had remembered we didnt pack any videos, but they have plenty of videos for you to check our for a small fee, especially if you have kids that like a little cartoon before bed.

Plenty of beach front for fires, if you would like to wind down with a cocktail and a small fire, all the stores around sold small bundles of firewood. So at night when we were falling asleep, we could smell the fires, it was wonderful.

They offer room service for breakfast and dinner, the prices are very reasonable, beers are around 4 dollars, appetizers, depending on size are around 10, breakfast for kids is $4.00.

This place is a must visit, clean, clean, clean!!!!

Room Tip: ask for beach view
1  Thank kptjpj