“Best Location & Hotel in Lincoln City!!”

Surftides Lincoln City
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Surftides is by far one of the nicest hotels that we have ever stayed at in Lincoln City! Have been to the Oregon Coast many times in the past 30+ years....and we would most definately pay the extra money to stay here again! When we were looking to book a hotel this time, we had a few questions, so called them directly. By doing so, not only did our questions get answered, but the hotel gave us a much larger discount booking directly than we had found anywhere online!! We were delighted at how easy check-in was, and were pleasantly surprised at the BEAUTIFUL view from our room~ even before stepping out onto the balcony! The room we requested, had a King bed, sofa sleeper, and a balcony. We were surprised to also have a fireplace, microwave, refridgerator, and an upperscale coffee maker. Also, chairs were on the balcony! We are a family of 4, and this room was comfortable & spacious!! They also have in the center of the courtyard, 4 propane firepits that have benches around them...each seperated for privacey! They are free for guests to use, and you can get marshmellow/hotdog roasting sticks with the exchange of your room key. (They also provide s'mores kits for $10) The hotel boasts a restaurant called "Mist" in the parking lot. If you let the front desk know that you are interested in having breakfast there, they will print you out a 15% ticket, that also allows Kids to Eat Free with each adult purchase! They also have an indoor heated pool available to all until 9pm. (open to adults only from 9-11pm) Must go to front desk & exchange room key for towels & pool key...this keeps it to be for hotel guests only. They also have a hot tub, sauna, and fitness room...for over 21 years only. The beach access is so very easy & mere steps to the sand!! This hotel is the best we have ever stayed at in Lincoln City, and I highly recommend paying the extra money. There are several oceanfront hotels, but most are old & do not offer near the amenities the Surftides provides to their guests!! You will not be disappointed & will have a very peaceful, enjoyable time staying at Surftides!!

Room Tip: Always call the hotel directly after searching online to get the best possible price!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank OceanBeau-T

Reviewed July 17, 2011

We've been staying at Surftides for years and will continue to do so. Most rooms are oceanfront with a balcony and include dvd player, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, dishes & silverware, hair dryer - everything you need. The beds and bedding are clean and comfortable. There is an indoors pool and fitness room with treadmills, weights, etc. Staff is friendly and efficient. We didn't eat at the on-site restaurant, Mist, this time but many other guests did. Easy beach access and centrally located in Lincoln City.

Room Tip: Just get an oceanfront room, the view is great.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Aloha247
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I booked 2 rooms - met friends at the coast. Our rooms: 1 with two queen beds and 1 with a king bed and fireplace. Both had ocean views. It was peek season (July 16, 2011) and the rooms were $171.00 including tax EACH, which is what they go for there. However, the rooms were in poor condition, "shabby" as some have mentioned. The furniture was well worn (wooden chairs and coffee table), the window sill in one room (Queen) was pulling away and falling apart. In the king room, the inside of the bathroom door had water damage, the couch was well worn, coffee cups in the room were chipped (big chips), the overall decor is in need of some help. We felt like we did not get what we paid for - it was not worth it. The bed is good and the view is awesome and the access to the beach is great but it does not make up for the price and the room issues. As I checked out I mentioned to the desk clerk that I was very disappointed in the room. He just gave me a look - I got the feeling it wasn't the first time he had heard that. Instead of the cutsey toilet paper art the maids make and leave on the roll of toilet paper, perhaps time would be better spent making the room look more equivilant to what it costs. ,

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank BJBasarab
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Loved the hotel room. The staff were all friendly. Beds were extremely comfortable, bath towel soft and the shampoo/conditioner/soap was incredible. I used these instead of my own and currently checking into buying for myself, and the view is amazing. Easy beach access and the hotel restaurant MIST was incredible. Great food, great prices (kids under 12 eat free-1 kids meal free per adult meal purchased) This sold us and we went there 3 times.
Pool is nice, warm, clean. I personally liked the no kids under 18 in the hot tub/sauna and exercise room although my kids were bummed not to be able to go in the hot tub. It made it a place where adults were not bothered by little kids. A tad inconvenient to exchange room key for pool key but I will take that over those coming in to pool area that do not belong.
Everyday at 4 pm the hotel set out fresh warm snickerdoodle cookies and the kids thought this was very special. They looked forward to going each afternoon around 4 for a free cookie. (great idea!!!)
Our only complaint for this whole stay was reoccuring smell of cigarette smoke. There are no AC units in the room and if it was a warmer day (Even if not, we love to have the balcony doors open) we could not keep the balcony doors (Or the front door) open for very long at all due to those who chose not to follow the No Smoking signs/rules. There were several rooms that would smoke on the balconies and it would blow right into our room. With allergies and athsma's in the family we spent most of the time there discouraged by not being able to enjoy the fresh, cool ocean air and sounds of the waves. We did complain but as they stated it's kind of a no win for us since those who usually break the no smoking rule deny it. I must say I fully appreciate those who smoke responsibly. It was just really frustrating to open the door and within 5 minutes having to go close it. And repeat ALL day/night. The room felt like it did get a little stuffy through the night with the warmer weather and no breeze (and no AC/fan unit in room)
With that being said we did love the place, restaurant(AMAZING food and staff) and the front desk staff, and the view of our beautiful Oregon Coast. Will stay again but if the smoking thing is an issue I will most likely pay for a beach house vs several rooms at a hotel the following time. I do know and understand that they cannot patrol this, I just wish there was a way it could be inforced. (maybe a walk along the beach/ocean side of hotel and confront those caught smoking??)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Worstmomof4
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed here last night for just one night without knowing much about it. We have stayed up and down the Oregon Coast and think this is a great find. Stylish lobby, excellent service, helpful friendly staff and a surprisingly good restaurant, Mist.
Mist is in a separate bldg on site and has a hip feel and very well priced excellent food We had both dinner and breakfast. Kid friendly and welcoming to families but an adult menu, not just the usual beach fare, and a cool bar. Excellent choice of top Oregon beers on draft - Ninkasi, Rogue etc.
The rooms are fine, nothing remarkable but clean and comfortable. They have dog friendly rooms, which we needed.
Very nice beach front, with a deep, uncrowded, beautiful beach.
Decent indoor pool.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JDinPortland
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I booked this hotel before reading any reviews, and was a little nervous when reading them post-booking. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by our stay.

The rooms are a little outdated, but we were very happy. The mini refrigerator and microwave are very nice, and we loved the fireplace. The ocean view is amazing!

The staff were all very friendly, and the restaurant was outstanding. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jesslin_v
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I've been staying at Surftides for YEARS. It's always been my favorite place due to the location, but the last couple of years it's really gone down hill. Last summer I was frustrated because all but one of the ice machines was broken and they didn't even put signs up to tell you they were broken. I complained to the manager who assured me he was new, but he was working on it and it WOULD be getting better! This spring break I showed up.. guess what?!? Still only one ice machine the only improvement was that they now had signs up. Really, in 9 months you couldn't fix the ice machines? When you charge over a $100 a night you would think you could BUY new ones! In addition, the elevator was out of order for 3 of the 4 days and upon checking in we were told the pool was being repaired so there would be no swimming. Really people this is Spring Break! I can understand this from a lower price hotel, but Surftides it not cheap! I got to the beach 6-8 times a year... I'll be finding somewhere else in the future. Internet was also flaking and they changed the password without warning, so you spent time trying to figure it out finally complain to be told "Oh we change the password this morning".

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank SandyLynne
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Was doing a walk through of the propert and we failed. I have no clue and I am speechless that no one order new ICE MACHINES.

I placed the order myself a few days ago. Will take a couple of weeks for them to arrive.

My Apologies, I am very embarrassed by this.

As for the elevator. The controller board burn out. Not much we could do about that one. i am sorry this happend while you were here.

The pool - Epic fail on the TIMING. I was under the impression this was being done in Feb. I came to the property during the same time you were there and was speechless!!
Needless to say it is now back up.

Yes, there is some obvious problems we are dealing with and getting taken care.

I am truely sorry this all happend while you were visiting us.

A normal repair schedule is during the Winter months and outside Painting of course is when GOD says so ( needs to stop raining for us )...