All reviews junior suite chinook winds casino prime rib ocean view wet bar room key sitting area coffee maker king bed oregon coast shuttle registration microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

What a lovely surprise. We loved this hotel so much. Right on the beach and right next to the casino. Plus we could drop the kids off at the daycare - we had three generations of very happy people in our family.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Adam R
Shelly S, Manager at Chinook Winds Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Good Morning Adam R,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I am so happy to read that you were pleasantly surprised. We are thrilled to see that you and your family enjoyed your time here with us. We hope to welcome you again real soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

Once we actually found the location to register, we were happy to get to our room. It was not easy to find registration if you don't know where you're going even with their signage. Our room looked out to the ocean from the second floor. The view was amazing...getting four suitcases and two children up the stairs all at once not so easy. Our room was clean and comfortable, but the layout didn't make sense. The sink and towels were located outside of the bathroom. The light switch for the lights above the sink was on a completely different wall that we didn't find until the next day. The wifi was atrocious, so I ended up using my cellular data. In the morning I took my daughter to the beach. There was a very simple path down there and also a foot wash off area, which was nice before heading back to our room. We stayed here based on recommendation, and if in the area I'd stay again just for the view and sound of the waves!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Good Morning Mysti N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the ocean view and the sound of the waves. It is truly relaxing. Sounds like you stayed in one of our rooms with a small vanity. If you prefer- Next time request a large vanity and we will try to make that happen for you. We hope to be able to welcome you and your family again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

Loved the room and ocean view. Clean and modern. All employees friendly and accommodating. Shuttle available even though casino is only a parking lot away from hotel. Price was above average I would say but was able to change from a king bed to two doubles without a hassle. With casino players card we only saved $3 even though we have been members since day #1, Had a great time though

Room tip: All rooms have ocean view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Shelly S, Manager at Chinook Winds Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Hi Sharon K,

Thank you for sharing about your recent stay here with us. You are right- "It's Better at the Beach." I am pleased to hear that everyone was kind and accommodating. That is exactly what we strive for. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

I was there recently for a 4 night stay and stayed in D Building. Pros - The view was fantastic, full ocean and beach. We left the window open all night and listened to the waves crashing, was very calming. The shuttle service was prompt, courteous and the drivers for the most part were friendly. The restaurant in the hotel was great. We had lunch there and the food and service were very good. We spent one evening in the lounge with a live band, was a lot of fun! We asked for extra towels, coffee and coffee cups and the housekeepers were also friendly and accommodating.
Cons - The hotel room itself was pretty shabby, but the worst part was the smell. The years and years of smoking in the building has penetrated everything in the room. I'm not sure if they would ever be able to get the smell out of the rooms. This really ruined the whole stay for me. This hotel could be really great - but the rooms really need a facelift and a thorough cleaning and maybe just allow smoking in one building to keep it contained. When I returned home, I had to wash everything that was in the room, my clothes, toiletry bags, tennis shoes, etc and had to Fabreeze my suitcase. Everything that was in the hotel room had soaked up the smell and was starting to smell up my house. This building also does not have an elevator.

Room tip: Ask to be in the building with the elevator
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi 907travelgirl,

Thank you for sharing your pros and cons of our property. We appreciate the feedback. We are continuously working to improve our rooms for our guests. We are happy to hear that your stay with us was good and you enjoy your time here. You are right- Our suites is the only building built with an elevator. We do have building C that is completely non smoking. I am sorry that D building wasn't to your liking. We hope we get the chance to welcome you again.

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

We were here for their anniversary weekend. Lots of people but staff was still friendly. We ate at the buffet which was definitely worth it. The prime rib was awesome. Their fireworks display was top notch, could see everything from the parking lot.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Good Morning berg208,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We enjoy everyday here at the beach, but our favorite is our anniversary weekend. We just have a blast. I am so pleased that you enjoyed that with us. We look forward to seeing you again real soon. Fireworks happen for us every year in June. Perhaps- we will see you there.