Chinook Winds Casino Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sea Echo Motel(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Lincoln City(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
Whistling Winds Motel(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
Ashley Inn and Suites(Lincoln City)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Pelican Shores Inn(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
All reviewsjr suitenon smoking areanice casinochinook winds casinoshuttle serviceocean viewroom keysitting areaoceanfront roomground levelcoffee makermini fridgegas fireplaceregistrationmombalconiescoast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent the weekend at the suites hotel on the south end of the casino property. Suite means a 3/4 wall between bed and living area. Great ocean view and easy access to beach. The living area does have its own TV, refrig, microwave, and sink. The chairs were fairly comfortable. The thing that bugged me in the room were the faucets, a pull up handle that stuck and when you pull hard enough it came on full on full blast, and difficult to shut off. The beds were not the best. We stayed there because of a concert they had Saturday night, decent venue. And the casino celebrated their anniversary with a great fireworks show

Room Tip: If you stay in the suites hotel, go for top floor, you can hear the people above you on lower floors. The regular rooms go for lower floor as they have door out to the beach.
2  Thank bbqmaster69
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had stayed here several years ago under the banner of Shilo Inn. I recollection that it was a better property then. For the price I thought the room and amenities were below average and I felt the same way about the lobby staff. I had just returned from an extended trip and wanted to get away to the beach for a couple days with my wife. Being there before, I thought this would be an appropriated place. She did enjoy the beach but I did not enjoy having to go to McDonalds each day to use their free Wi-Fi to catch up on business. When I asked the staff about Wi-Fi they mumbled something about the stone work on the building blocking signal and I could fill out a comment card (all without looking up from the counter) In Central America at $20/night lodging you always have good WiFi, so I was really caught off guard here. You would think could at the very least afford a lobby computer if good WiFi was beyond smoke signal technology <grin>

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I wanted a 2 night stay in an oceanfront room close to a casino - just some fun time away to play. I had planned on just a regular room, but my husband suggested that I go for it and get one of the oceanfront suites and I'm really glad I did! I had reserved a king suite, but when I got there the only ones available were on the first floor. Since I was traveling by myself, I really didn't want a ground floor room. The very nice front desk lady said that if I didn't mind a room with 2 queens, she could give me a 3rd or 4th floor room. I asked her which one she would choose for herself and she said the 3rd floor because the view would be better than the available ones on the 4th. She was right on target! It was a pleasant and clean room at the north end of the building (#316A). The 2 drawbacks were that it had early morning noise when the garbage was picked up from the restaurant next door and the shower curtain should have been about 4" longer - it was almost impossible to keep in the tub. Other than that, the room was spacious, clean, had real glasses and coffee cups and plenty of towels, etc. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was overall a good experience and a room with easy beach access and a great view.

Room Tip: Make sure that you get a room in building A. It has terrific beach access. The other buildings are older and look run down. If you are there for the ocean view, get a 3rd or 4th floor room in the middle or north end of the building and you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CARGRM
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I will start with the positives: it's close to the beach..... and that's about it really. Every time we talked to someone at the front desk, they were not very friendly. If you really do not want your room cleaned, make sure you duct tape that sign to the door. Not only did they clean our room when we specifically left the sign on the door, but they left our door open when they were finished! When my husband went to complain, they didn't seem to care and claimed the wind must have blown the sign off. That still doesn't explain why our door was left OPEN after :-( basically, they didn't seem to give a rats behind. We most likely will not be back. Customer service can make or break an good hotel experience.

3  Thank kellygregg
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently stayed here during a holiday weekend in one of their "compact casino view" rooms. We were warned in advance that the room was somewhat cramped, so we knew this going into it. Clearly this sort of room is designed for guests who just need a place to crash for a few hours after trying their luck at the casino. No biggie, we just wanted a room for the night.

Unfortunately, the renovations that appear to have been applied to the larger rooms have not been applied here, in any sense of the word. The "compact" rooms must be the red-headed stepchild of the hotel. The walls are thin enough to enable you to hear your neighbors practically whispering, there is no fan or A/C unit, the tub looked like it had seen better days, water pressure is literally non-existant, and the shower did not work. (As in not at all.) The last item caused quite a bit of disappointment in the morning.

We brought the non-working shower to the attention of staff at check-out and didn't get so much as an apology. Without blinking, we were told we should have called the front desk with the problem, since they are open 24 hours. (Wonderful, but we weren't trying to shower the night before, and who checks their shower upon check-in anyway?) After some further prompting and questions by us, they said they would send their maintenance staff up to the room, and *if* it was indeed not working, they would call us and offer an adjustment to our rate. True to their word, they did call us shortly thereafter and offered a small adjustment. We asked to have the matter bumped up to a supervisor, but have not heard back, and don't have high hopes.

To echo another recent poster here, "Never Again".

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple