“Dog friendly waterfront”

Chinook Winds Casino Resort
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had a very good experience while at this hotel for our anniversary. We booked a dog friendly ocean front room. I enjoy the lower rooms for access to the beach with our large Black Lab Jake, they have good accesss to pee your dog, the facility has a good hot tub and pool with cleansing showers in each bathroom(if you can get people to use them...Sheesh). Ther rooms are somewhat basic oceanfront but the bed was comfy, had a fridge, coffee maker and micro. I thought the staff was helpful, they let me check in early so I could ready for an appointment which was nice.Their wireless is a little weak on the lower floors and they should better that someday. All in all it was a great 3 day stay and my wife and I were very pleased not to say our dog LOVED IT. Oh and the RAVENS WON...This coming from a die hard Buffalo Bills fan.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JeffD915

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Well, my wife and I finally got a night away from kids for our 10 year anniversary and decided to spend it at Chinook. We arrived at the hotel at about 8:30 pm and checked in to our hotel that was pre-paid through the internet. Went to a very nice dinner at the Casino and decided to go to our room. Got to our room and were getting intimate. In the middle of having sex, we were walked in on by another couple. The hotel staff had booked them into the room after us.
I contacted the front desk and was told they would refund a whole $40 dollars. They also said they would be bringing me new room keys and after an hour of waiting I had to go to the front desk to get new room keys.
Spoke to the Manager on Duty and was assured that I would receive a call from management the next morning. 5 days later and still no call. They really care about their guests I guess. It is probably because I am not a platinum player. Will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel up the beach. Might get walked in on while sleeping.
13  Thank Robert G
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel. It was just an average hotel. Nothing special except that it was ocean front and close to the casino. Very clean if you stay in the new part of the hotel. There is a free shuttle that will drive you to the casino which is nice. I would stay here again in a pinch but prefer the beach houses that are more unique.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Amber B
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We made reservations for a Ocean Front king non-smoking room on a tuesday night in Jan 2013. When we walked in our 3rd floor (walk up) room smelled strongly of wet animals. We opened the windows to air it out but had to close it after 5 minutes because of rain and wind.turning on the heater made it worse.We should have complained ,but spent several hours at the Casino and didn't find out till the next morning when we checked out that our room (328) had been a pet room until last week when it was converted to a 'NON-PET" ROOM.

4  Thank Pat L
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Smells bad due to smoking allowed in casino. Upstairs in restaurant not to bad. Food was very good. Steak was excellent and service good . Wait staff light hearted and attentive. Very nice view. Our first visit to the casino and most likely our last.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank oldsaltqsk
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We recently wanted to stay on a Sunday.it was a quick decision. Chinook Wind's web site said no rooms were available so I called the desk. They only had the small rooms available, I think 10 by 12 feet. I complained that I stayed in one before and it was dirty and in bad shape. They assured me that the rooms were newly remodeled. And as a bonus, the rate was only $39 plus tax with a players card!!! We were pleasantly surprised, it was great if you only need a place to sleep and shower. Believe it or not, I came away from the casino with an extra $200 by playing slots. Anyway, we had fun and love Lincoln City. Only bad note was that they no longer have a free breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room on the lowest level facing the parking lot, it's below grade.
6  Thank northwestwoyuit
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Room reeked and there was no other option because of our dogs. The bathroom could have been cleaner. If we go back to Lincoln City we won't stay here. The casino staff at the craps table were great and the dinner was good but the hotel was not.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple