“We only stay at THE COZY COVE”

Cozy Cove Beachfront Resort Inn
Ranked #35 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed March 12, 2011

My husband and I along with our 3 kids decided to go to the beach one day in the hopes of finding a cheap hotel so we could stay the night (it was our anniversary). We looked for an hour every where was out of our price range until we found THE COZY COVE. The guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful. Now our trip to our room was not the best. The elevator smelled like mildew. When we got to our room I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was pretty big, had an almost full kitchen stocked with plates, glasses, pots and pans etc and a kitchen table. We were able to go buy food at the grocery store and eat in the hotel which for our family is a huge savings. Our view was AMAZING and the fireplace was a bonus. Yes the room was really outdated but who cares....we don't. We spend more time out and about, playing in the sand, shopping etc. Our 18 year old and our 3 year old were able to sleep on the pull out sofa bed and my husband, me and our baby slept in the bed. No its not some fancy plush bed but it worked and I wasn't sore in the morning. We enjoyed the hot tub even though it was very crowded.
About 3 weeks after we came home, a letter came from them with a gift certificate for a free night stay. We were very shocked and happy. We stayed a night at the Marriot in downtown Portland and yes the bed was plush and the hotel was more updated but would rate THE COZY COVE better. We are the type of people who normally camp in tents but when we go to Lincoln City its THE COZY COVE.

We just booked our next stay at THE COZY COVE for next weekend. The lady that booked us was very sweet. I have told everyone I know about THE COZY COVE. In my opinion you won't find a better deal then THE COZY COVE.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed February 12, 2011

My sister and I came here because she stayed here before and the room she had before was nice, but the room we received today was musty smelling, outdated furniture, hard bed and not fully equiped, needed to go to office for remote and pillows for sofa bed.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I took my 87 year old mother to the Cozy Cove for a weekend. I hadn't been there in awhile, so a read the reviews online. I was a little concerned by what I read. When we arrived on Friday evening, the check-in was flawless, the service was outstanding, and the grounds were well-kept. We took the elevator to our room on the third floor, and when we entered...it was absolutely lovely. Clean, well-equipped for a weekend away from home. It's not the Ritz! But, you're not paying for the Ritz! Reasonable rates and everything you could want away from home. Take a chance...you won't be dissappointed.

It's really lovely, and a great value.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mklarj
Reviewed January 9, 2011

My family goes to Cozy Cove twice a year and we always enjoyed our trips. The rates are reasonable, rooms are clean and comfortable, and the beach is right in front of our noses! Literally! The location is great because i can watch my kids play at the beach while i stay on our room's private deck. My family especially loves Cozy Cove's heated pool and spa. We swam in it every day we spent there last August! The pool also looked much nicer than it did before, it seems they have gotten it repainted and repaired. I remember one of my fomer stays there and the pool looked out of shape and the paint was peeling. It looked great and was running perfectly! My husband and I were just there recently, but will be going back in the spring with our children. Over all this hotel is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sally325
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Cozy Cove on December 31, 2010 and January 1, 2011. We spend every New Year's at the coast, and on New Year's eve it is expected that people will stay up until midnight to see in the new year. Going out on the deck at midnight to cheer, or shoot fireworks from the beach is traditional and totally cool. However, the people in the room next to ours were evidently not at the motel until they returned at around 1:00 am. They rented the room to party all night long, with different people coming and going all night. There was constant yelling, laughter, swearing, banging, and drunken (or drugged induced) noise that continued non stop until daylight, when they all left.

During all of this, we knocked on the paper thin wall and asked them to hold the noise down, and that was met by threats from several of the guys there. Throughout the night, we called the front desk five times, and no one answered. There were no messages on the front desk phone that instructed anyone to leave a message.

We paid over $218.00 for our double room, and no one in my family got any sleep all night long. The next day I complained to the pony tailed guy at the front desk, who said that they never responded because we didn't leave a message on the phone (even though there were no instructions to leave a message). He also said that noise and partying were to be expected on New Year's eve. I agreed that partying and noise were to be expected up to midnight, but that what we experienced didn't even begin until 1:00 am, and it lasted until daylight. His attidude remained that partying should be expected and that it was our fault for not leaving a message (even though we did call at least 5 times throughout the night and no one answered).

Back at home, I called the Manager "Liz." She offered to send me a $50.00 gift certificate that could be used the next time we came back to Cozy Cove or their other property in Newport. We wasted over $218.00 for a worthless night and ruined holiday, and she expected us to come back again to use a $50.00 discount? No thanks! The only way they could have made this right would have been to refund all of our money for the first night (the second night was uneventful).

Read the other reviews on this site about the Cozy Cove and take note of the high number of negative reviews. There is a reason, don't take the warning lightly! This is not a place that I would recommend to anyone, especially families!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2010

This is not a new or modern hotel, but the view was amazing (we had a 2nd story room) from the balcony! Everything was clean, the staff friendly and the price was reasonable. Bed was firm and comfy. This isn't a 5 star place but if you like cozy and homey and plan to be out and about rather than in your room a lot, check them out. I noticed several less than favorable reviews but am guessing they may have remodeled since most of those were written. Beach access is right there! You are beach front. Check out their virtual tour at the web site. What you see is what your get! www.cozycovebeachresort.com

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We stopped by on an autumn weekday, lured by a $39 coupon in Travel Coupon Guide. The regular price would have been $69 plus tax. The guy at the desk reluctantly honored the coupon. The room was on the third floor in a section facing a parking lot and noisy pool area, with no elevator service. The ice machine was broken. There was no coffee for the coffee maker, unless you begged it daily from the manager. The blanket was shredded. The bath tub had a ring and was filthy. There were stains and scrapes on the walls. The coffee maker and microwave had to be plugged in one at a time. The room was poorly lit. The bathroom light had to be turned on and off at a circuit breaker. Two undersized rocking chairs were uncomfortable and seemed to be discards with slip covers.

What really annoyed me was that the WiFi would not connect, even after entering the WEP key and retrying about thirty times. When I took it to the office to demonstrate the problem, I was told that "Apple computers never work here"

The bath tub, besides being filthy, was very hard for this admittedly overweight (240#) senior (73) male to get out of, because there was no place or bar to provide hand support on one side. When i slipped, I got a gash on my arm from the sharp edge of an aluminum shower door handle. It does not appear to be infected, but it could have been worse.

My wife refused to use the bath tub because it was too dirty, and screamed when she saw it.

I would not stay here again an any price, including free.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple