“A dream come true on a tight budget”

Cozy Cove Beachfront Resort Inn
Ranked #35 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Salem, Oregon
“A dream come true on a tight budget”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I wanted to stay and enjoy the beach, my husband wanted to go home (it's close enough to drive). After a while he said if it's cheap enough we can stay. I wanted (needed) a beach front property with easy beach access (a most as I often need a walker for longer than a block walks). I said let's ask here, he said. You are crazy, it's going to be more than I want to spend. Surprise! $ 89 special, beach front large room, fireplace, a desk and a table, plenty of sitting, afable clerks, warm large swimming pool, small hot tub, walking distance to a good restaurant (even for me, with the aid of a walker). Awesome. There are many restaurants nearby.
During the week the beach is almost private, but it gets busy on week-ends
Inside it's super clean, The outside looks tired but the inside is very well cared for. It is not a luxury hotel, but the beach and the qualities mentioned above make up for it. I wish I could stay a month in this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have children, ask for a room by the pool. The pool is locked, so they won't be in danger...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leafOregon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pendleton, Oregon
Reviewed July 27, 2012

It took forever to check in, and we heard many complaints from others. We had a clean room with adequate amenities. The rooms are rustic, and there were no dishes or utensils in the kitchen. This is a no frills facility. Both the hot tub and pool were nice, and the location is beautiful. I would suggest that you look at a room or two before committing.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Velda A
Beaverton
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband booked us a room here for my last birthday. Granted, I didn't expect much for the price, but I also didn't expect it to be a dirty, funky smelling little hole in the wall. We woke up the next morning to ants everywhere, and a bathroom ceiling that dripped condensation and flooded the floor. The only decent thing about it is the beach access, Otherwise, this place is just gross.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stingersgirl

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

Vancouver, Wa
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We went back to The Cozy Cover for our 3rd time, this last weekend, as celebration for our 6 year anniversary! Our first time there was actually back when we first got together & we were reminded this time how much we have grown & changed since our first visit! The sentimental value of this place has allowed us to overlook all of the cosmetic flaws. It's tough because this place has SO MUCH potential!!! Just some minor improvements could make such a HUGE difference. In all honesty, they only get away with charging what they charge because it's Ocean-Front. Otherwise, I wouldn't pay more than $25 a night for a place like this.

With that said- we had a great time!!!! The Jacuzzi (although dated) was the biggest of any of the jacuzzi suites we had ever seen/stayed in and to have it on the 3rd floor with an Ocean view was spectacular!!! The staff is always warm & welcoming. I had called earlier in the week to let them know we would be checking in late and when we got there they told us they were just discussing us and wondering if everything was okay- it made me feel like a person rather than a dollar and as if they had been waiting for us all day! ; )

I can't say we won't stay here again, because it's that sentiment that keeps us coming back. I can say that we will rarely recommend it to others because of the cosmetic issues and if I do I will be sure they are fore-warned.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikenMind
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I read reviews, which were not good, but thought "how bad can it be?". So i went ahead and booked it. It was bad. The room is not what they have pictured. The bed was filthy with stains. It smelled horrible and the carpets were dirty. The property itself was in bad shape. There is nothing good about this hotel. Ended up demanding my money back since its not what they advertised. After a battle, i got my money back and checked into a nearby hotel. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: There is no tip to help select a good room. Just know that the one you select from the picture, loo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nick P
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I came to stay for a night. We got in really late from the casino and no one was there to greet us. We had to call a number to have someone come check us in. After calling, no one answered and we had to leave a message and though that no one would come. Finally we were able to get checked in. The room was facing another building of the hotel and you could see into ALL of the other rooms. When we got to the room it was VERY small. The bed had a nasty looking cover on it. The pillows were so flat it felt like there was nothing there at all. The bathroom door didn't close all of the way and the towels were too small to use for your body. The remote to the incredibly small TV, didn't work. And if all of that stuff wasn't enough, the WHOLE night we could hear everything that anyone would talk about outside of our room. It was so loud that we thought someone was right in our room yelling. You could hear someone talking if they were all the way down at the other end of the hallway. At checkout, the lady asked how my stay was. When I told her it was horrible she said sorry and then gave me a coupon to come back for a better price. She didn't try to give any sort of compensation. Why would I want a coupon to come back and stay at the worst hotel ever???? If you are looking for a place to stay, steer clear from this one! ANYWHERE else would be better than this one.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Courtney S
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

A group of ten of us stay here on a regular basis. The staff is very polite. The rooms are large, comfortable and very clean. The rooms with a kitchen are large enough to have dinner with all of us together. Upon arrival they had the heat started in every room and all the amenities exactly as we'd requested. If you are in Lincoln city please dont hesitate to utilize this wonderful motel.

• Stayed May 2012