The Coho Oceanfront Lodge
Best Western Plus Landmark Inn(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$93
BestWestern.com
Inn at Lincoln City(Lincoln City)
$80
$77
Sandcastle Beachfront Motel(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$105
$175
$159
Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$96
Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$110
Beachfront Manor Hotel(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Beachfront
Ashley Inn and Suites(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$109
$87
Surftides Lincoln City(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$130
$126
1,926 results
All reviewsfrench pressground coffeesunset suitekids suitefire pitoregon coastocean viewbeach accessbiscuits and gravygreat viewwafflestide poolsjetted tubcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast roombeautiful roommain room
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed at the Cohol March 16 and 17. We had requested a non-pet (allergies) fireplace suite and I even called to confirm that we had a non-pet room. When we arrived and the keys were in hand, I again asked to confirm the non-pet room. Another lady at the front desk abrubtly said that they had to put us in a pet friendly room because construction noise would be loud in the room we were supposed to have. Take note, that when I reserved the room a week out there was no mention of construction. She told us we could stay in the noisy room or take the pet friendly room. No other option was offfered so we took the PF room. And, guess what, we could still hear the construction. We also had a defective microwave and sliding door that wouldn't open. The maintenance guys, Carlos and Marten were wonderful. Marten put new rollers in our door and replaced the microwave. I do have to say that the room was beautiful and the view nice. Small bathroom that I understand was going to be remodeled. Also of note, when I checked out, the same lady was there and I shared everything with her, the noise, defective microwave, sliding door, etc. I told her that my rate should have been discounted and that we should have been advised ahead of time regarding them moving us to the PF room and the construction. She just smiled! I think a refresher course in customer service is in order.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pdxgrammy
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I apologize that your stay was not excellent. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room with excellent customer service. I am so sorry that we fell short during your stay as that is not The Coho Standard. I apologize that the room had some maintenance issues but I am glad to hear that our maintenance team was able to help you out. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to them!

As you mentioned, we are renovating bathrooms. Unfortunately, we do not have much notice as to when the construction teams are available. I offer my sincere apologies that your request for a non pet friendly room was not able to be fulfilled.

I hope that you will give us another chance to impress you in the future and maybe try out one of our newly renovated bathrooms!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We just came back from a 4 day Spring Break trip with 3 kids. The lodge is located close to the beach. Beach access is just a block from this lodge. We had the kids suite with kitchenette. The kids room has bunk bed with separate TV and Playstation console. The main room has a king bed with another TV overlooking the ocean on a patio deck.

The only thing stopping me for giving them a perfect rating is the kitchen was too small. It only has a half sink which makes it difficult to was dishes but not a big deal. We were able to cook simple food and wash our dishes accordingly.

We will definitely recommend this lodge to our friends and family and we'll surely come back again.

BTW, the Portland Roasting Coffee was really good. You just need to ask the reception to give you a pouch of coffee so you can press it yourself and enjoy a delicious coffee.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor and up will offer a great view and much quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank jaydeezee_44
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with The Coho Oceanfront Lodge! I apologize for any miscommunication about the size of the kitchen. We try to advertise that they are kitchenettes rather than kitchens, since they are smaller than a normal kitchen. I'm so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time on the Oregon Coast! We hope to welcome you and your family back in the future! There will be fresh ground coffee waiting for you!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Just starting out we were placed in the wrong room with a romance package. Not only did we go to our room, which ruined the surprise for my wife, but we had to wait almost an hour and a half later for it all to be moved. Cleanliness was not there. Stains in the carpet, a pillow case and another tenants dogs' bone was left in the room. Romantic huh? Second day we requested a queen rollaway bed which ended up being a twin and then was told by the manager that they could not accommodate us - forcing our company to go elsewhere. Later that night after returning from dancing at the casino - I had to park a block away ofg property. I spoke to the night desk who said 'I dont care where you park - im sorry its not my problem it is corporate for not providing ample parking.' I requested a manager to call me the next morning and got nothing. Again at checkout and called the day after with still no response. Like I said possibly the worst stay ever!!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank puzzled_0422

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent trip with us. I apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. Unfortunately, when you booked your room there was some miscommunication about having a patio with an ocean view. It looks like you did receive a free upgrade and a 10% discount. We were able to get you into the upgraded room in about 10 minutes after moving your romance package over. I hope that during that time, you were able to enjoy our free wine social and chair massage for our guests. I'm sorry if our front desk agent did not communicate the size of our rollaway beds. Twin size rollaway beds are a standard in every hotel. Unfortunately, it is also against fire code to put 2 rollaway beds in a room with 1 Queen bed. Normally, if we know ahead of time that there will be 4 people in a room, we are required to reserve a room with 2 beds.

Your message to have the manager was received by me. I had tried calling you the morning of checkout twice. I apologize that I missed you. Unfortunately, nothing was said at checkout, otherwise I would have been more than happy to speak with you. If you had called afterwards, I did not receive the message. If you would like to discuss your problem further, I can be reached directly at Mariah@thecoholodge.com

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Oregon Coast is truly one of our families favorite places to visit, but finding a go to hotel at an affordable rate has not been easy for us. They all seem to be lacking in one form or another. I had really hoped that Coho would finally be our go to place. The pictures of the room on their website are fantastic and with the suite option made it even more inviting, since the two kids we have living with us are "Borrowed" (we host exchange students) having separate sleeping space makes the stay much more enjoyable for everyone.

We arrived at the Coho Oceanfront Lodge later in the evening, and the parking lot was very full. We were pointed across the street to a small lot, but even that was full because many cars took two spots (the parking spaces are very tight). Lugging our luggage across the street in the cold Oregon rain was a little disappointing, but was not a deal breaker.

We stayed in the Fireplace Suite Oceanfront. The room was very large, but had a musty spell to it. My husband and I could not pin point it. The room had a large room with a King bed with the fireplace and a kitchenette and another room with a queen bed. Both rooms had tv's, though the one in the queen room was quite small. Both rooms were divided by the bathroom. This room had the smallest bathroom I have ever seen! The toilet and shower where in one room and did not leave much room for moving around at all. While shampooing my hair I hit my elbow twice. After the shower there was no room to dry off at all. Very small and cramped space. With having two boys and my husband and I staying in the "Main" room, the bathroom was the only place to get dressed and was a terrible challenge.

The hot tub and pool areas were nice, but again very small. The breakfast in the morning was okay, but nothing to get very excited about. They had biscuits and gravy, cereal, muffins, mini bagels, instant oatmeal, mixed fruit (Melon), yogurt and hard boiled eggs. I wish they would have had some more fruit or healthier options, but it served it's purpose.

All in all this Oceanfront Hotel had decent amenities, warm and inviting decor, and a comfortable bed, but the lack of direct easy beach access, tiny bathroom, and parking will keep us looking for our Go-To Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Heathfamily2007
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Mrs. Heath,

Thank you for taking time to write such a thorough review of your recent stay with us. I apologize that The Coho was not able to impress you. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service with a clean comfortable room. It is with our guests honest input, such as yours that we are constantly able to improve the services and accommodations we provide. This week we have actually started remodeling some of our bathrooms. Although it is a small space to begin with, we have made some great changes to help make the bathroom feel more spacious. I'm sorry the TV was too small in the back bedroom. We will look at replacing those with larger flat screen TVs to better serve our guests needs. Also, in the upcoming few months, we are working on scheduling a time for our parking lot to be redone.

Once again, I sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. With the changes that are being made, I hope that you will give The Coho Oceanfront Lodge another chance to impress you in the future!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

2 Queen fireplace room (suite) includes 1 bedroom w/own tv, kitchenette, 1 queen in liv room, gas fireplace, ocean view, patio, one closet, stall shower, separated bathroom sink, soaps, in room coffee, buyable snacks, huge color tv (LG), Parking lot is a wee too small. Lawn to cliff in front of patio, screen door for summer air. Firm good beds, adequate bedding, many pillows, low slung chair, desk and high chair, table, heating, 1 regular and 1 recycle trash cans, slide screen small closet w hangers. Fridge has Pepsi size can holders, sink, microwave, some dishes and utensils, two desk lamps and desks, one drawer in liv room, 1 in bedroom, reading materials, dvd player (free rentals). Fireplace is ez operate. Lobby very nice, desk people very nice, small continental brkfst (mini bagel, dry croissant, butter, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled egg, and belgian waffle maker, 2 juices. Very nice room, almost perfect except: toilet is crammed into a cubby, you can barely move. Shower stall, jammed next to toilet, no room to bend over, so very tight, space between shower and wall is tight. Bathroom is bad news for anyone of any size, or disabled, or whatever, very small, painfully small. The rooms are large and comfy, so they could have spared more space in the loo and less romp room, but made the decision to cut the bathroom short. I'd not do that. Sometimes you need to change clothes in there and if you try, you bump your elbows on the walls. Everything else is so nice, its really a shame. CLEAN. Ramp for wheelchairs on 1st floor. No elevators. Pool and spa (not used) indoors. We had real door to bathroom. Art work is beach theme. Room was tans and brown. To improve, to fix size of bathroom, and put a hanging lamp over the table- not for reading, and dining after dark. Why don't hotels have reading lights? We bring our own bulbs now, we read, and don't watch tv, so its squint time. Maybe that should be an "option" when you check in? Good job Coho on the remodel- well, mostly.

Room Tip: All rooms face ocean. All double queen rooms are suites. Upstairs has fenced in patios, there are dividers between patios, so some privacy. No elevators, so if you have back or leg problems book downstairs, if disabled get that kind of room or you can't get into the bathroom!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Cindy,

Thank you for writing such a thorough review of your recent stay at The Coho! I am glad that you enjoyed the remodel and we are constantly striving for the "perfect" score. We are actually starting renovations in our Fireplace Suite bathrooms on 3/3/14! We have worked on a way to better improve the limited space in the bathrooms. We have added extra lighting, added a glass wall to the shower, removed the need for a shower curtain, and much much more! I hope that you will come back and see the added improvements! Thank you for the suggestion on lighting options, I will look into ways to improve this for our guests.

Once again, we appreciate the feedback and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Coho Oceanfront Lodge in the future!