“Anniversary Getaway”

The Coho Oceanfront Lodge
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We absolutely loved it here and will defiantly go back. I even shopped around for other hotels and this one is still the top pick, little spendy and the parking lot is small, but the room was wonderful and worth it. We had a problem with our fireplace due to the wind and they were fast to fix it, quick and easy. Wifi was fine, they have three hot spots, I tried to not use it and just enjoy the view. Loved sleeping with the sliding door open and the fireplace going and listening to the waves all night. I did not want to leave...can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Sunset Suite, top floor, no A/C, great balcony and gas fireplace
1  Thank BrandiDMott
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Brandi,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing to spend your special occasion with us! We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay and sharing photos from your trip. I agree that the Sunset Suite is definitely worth the extra money, especially for those who are wanting a romantic getaway. I apologize for the pilot light getting blown out on you, but I am so glad the staff was able to get it fixed right away for you! We hope to welcome you back to The Coho in the future!

There are newer reviews for The Coho Oceanfront Lodge

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Nice view but negative slow shower, poor wifi and no closed caption on TV. It's fine hotel look nice and beach chairs by fireplace! Service fine! Friendly people! Quiet neighbor! My wife is happy and a lot nap! Hotel is very positive to me!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay. I apologize that our wireless internet did not meet your needs. I have sent our maintenance team to your room and had them look at the shower drain today. Also, I have went into the room and was able to turn on the closed captioning on the TV. Next time you visit The Coho, please notify a staff member, and we will help you set up the closed captioning on the TV in your room. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My fiancé have stayed in this hotel probably 10 times. I am absolutely in love with this hotel, the view is amazing. We always get the same room whether we bring our children or not. As soon as I walk into the room I feel at home. I accidently forgot to buy my son milk last time we visited the Coho, I called down to the desk to see if they had a little carton of milk I could purchase. The lady at the front desk told me not to worry and they would send some up. Not only did she bring enough for my son but she knew I had a daughter too and brought enough for her as well.. Free of charge. Same trip my fiancé broke a bottle of wine right as you walk into the check in, the staff was immediately on it. I have NEVER had an issue with the Coho, rooms are always perfect, sheets are clean, and staff is incredible. We will be back many times over again! Great job guys!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Danielle,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at The Coho! I am so glad to hear that you and your fiancé continue to make us your preferred lodging option when visiting the Oregon coast. Our staff truly does take pride in providing excellent customer service and making all of our guests feel welcome! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I along with little Bugsy our toy poodle spent a delightful night at this wonderful location. Bugsy immediately went for the pet bed and crashed. We opened the windows and enjoyed the ocean.
What a beautiful lodge - we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am so glad that everyone enjoyed their time with us, including Bugsy! We know that our dogs are family also, so we make sure they have a little treat in the room as well! We hope to welcome you back to The Coho in the future!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Absoutley beautiful, looking forward to another stay and will recommend COHO to everyone I know. The staff is fabulous. The rooms with the balcony and fireplaces at to the romance with the walks along the beach.

• Stayed: November 2013
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Dana,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Coho! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I traveled with my folks here to Lincoln City. We searched the area for ADA hotels. There are so many Boutique Hotels that were built in the 50's/60's and 70's that there was not a lot of ADA options from Florence to Lincoln City. I booked the Coho online and had spoke with them over the phone first to make sure we could maximize their experience. Genreally speaking, even when ADA rooms are available they often are not the rooms with views or the better locations in the hotel. The Coho went out of their way to make their rooms work for my Dad who is disabled physically and cognitively. It was such a positive experience we decided to stay a second night. Every staff member was helpful. Complimentary Wine and Cheese hour and Breakfast were also nice. We had Oceanfront Floor rooms both nights. Fireplace warmth with the waves crashing and a panoramic view. So glad they were happy here and very grateful for everyone going out of their way to make us all comfortable.

Room Tip: Variety of rooms to choose from - read their options from their website
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly S
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Kelly,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us! I am so happy to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy your vacation! We do pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service at The Coho. Our hotel definitely has some unique touches that separate us from other hotels, including offering a variety of room types and amenities. Even when guests have special needs when traveling, we try our hardest to accommodate their needs to ensure they have an enjoyable time on their vacation. It sounds like we did just that! We look forward to welcoming you back to The Coho in the future!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

For the most part this hotel was very clean and comfortable to stay in. However I did find a few nit-picky things that would be good for the hotel to attend to.

The seal along the bottom of our shower door was broken on both ends so water flowed out of the shower. There was some cleaning needed in the grout lines in the shower and bathroom floor. They provided two terry cloth robes for us to use, except they had holes in them. The shower towels were very small, barely large enough to wrap my hair up and there were only two in the room. Another thought on the bathroom was the strange window above the jet tub to allow you to look out at the ocean. However the shutters did not block out sound or smell, so for folks looking for privacy in the bathroom, this would not be for you.

The extra blanket provided in the closet had been used by previous guests on the beach and not washed (There was still sand in it!). The closet was large enough and had a simple drape curtain divider which was difficult to close and had a large stain on it.

The simply kitchenette was nicely equipped with dishes and such, however they did not look like they had been washed well and we did not end up using them. The sponge provided to wash the dishes looked like it had been there many weeks and smelled horrible! I cringe to think of the germs collecting on it.

The bed was nice and comfortable. Linens were white and made it easy to spot there were a few hairs on the bed. Since I also have long dark hair and did not notice until an hour after we arrived, they could have been mine...however I suspect they were not as I hadn't been under the sheets yet where the hairs were found. I'm hoping these were from the cleaning staff when they made the bed, I tried not to think about it. Also I don't think there should be throw pillows on the beds because guess where we threw them...yep on the floor. Germ central.

The flat screen TV was nice and the DVD player in room was also a nice touch. DVDs were available to borrow in the lobby. However the couch was most uncomfortable and we ended up laying in bed to watch TV and had to move the unit around a bit. Not a huge deal, but a waste of a couch if you don't want to sit on it. The gas fireplace was wonderful!

The balcony overlooking the ocean was lovely and the binoculars provided in the room were a nice touch. The fresh ground coffee and french press were a nice touch as well. The simple breakfast provided was enough to get our day started and had a reasonable variety of warm and cold foods/beverages. Covered parking was provided in our section of the hotel with plenty of lighting and security cameras were visible. Those features were very much appreciated. Ice machine was only available on the ground floor next to the elevator, not a huge deal.

No direct beach access from the hotel since it is located on a bluff above the ocean. However the view is spectacular! I quick 1 minute walk down the street to get to the beach access is not a big deal.

We stayed in the adult only, no pet section of the hotel which made for a quiet stay and allowed us to enjoy our time away from our own children and pets much more so. Overall I think you will be happy with this hotel. My expectations of a hotel are probably higher than most especially when paying a pretty penny per night. Since this hotel was only about $25-$40 more a night than most of the cheaper ones, I'm SURE we still received a much nicer room overall. We thoroughly enjoyed spending our 15th anniversary together there and came home refreshed and wishing we could have stayed another 4 days. Hope this helps potential travelers! Best Wishes!

Room Tip: Third floor has great views! Ask for a room in the adult only/pet free section of the hotel if you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

We appreciate you taking time to write such a thorough review of your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Coho! I apologize for the maintenance and housekeeping issues you've mentioned. I have spoken with the housekeeping staff and laundry staff about the cleanliness issues you've mentioned. Since I don't know which room you were in specifically, I have had the housekeepers and maintenance team inspect the adults only section of the hotel. We did find a robe with a hole in it and have replaced it with a brand new one. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Also, I have scheduled some preventative maintenance to be done in those rooms for next week.

If you have any further suggestions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at Mariah@thecoholodge.com or by calling the hotel at 541.994.3684. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Coho in the future!