“A Winter Get-Away”

The Coho Oceanfront Lodge
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband, son and daughter in law spent 3 days at the Coho between Christmas and New Year. I lost my younger son to cancer this past summer, so Christmas has been especially hard for us this year. This get-away was perfect. The room was great, beautiful view, fireplace, and lots of room. We all enjoyed it so much. The service you provide is great, check in and check out go so smoothly and quickly......we appreciate that. We will be back..........Winona

Room Tip: We like the suite with the separate bedroom in the pet friendly area. We always have Dudley with us...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Winona S
There are newer reviews for The Coho Oceanfront Lodge

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Cost: $90/night + tax.

My wife and I spent 2 very restful nights at the Coho between Christmas and New Years Day. The room (#51) was very clean and up-to-date, and we had a full view of the ocean and the tide pools which were just a couple hundred yards away. The desk workers gave us a free movie each night, and were very helpful and courteous when we had needs. The bathroom light went out, and they had replaced it within five minutes.

The recreation center was well kept and included a pool, Jacuzzi, dry sauna, and exercise room which contained three devices, treadmills I think.

The breakfast was average for free buffets. Nothing to write home about. The WiFi was a little flaky for us but the signal was strong.

I would definitely go back.

1  Thank mugshotmike
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We spent 3 days at the beach this Christmas. The Coho Inn was beautiful. Our room was like a picture out of a magazine. We had a balcony, with a beautiful view of the ocean, & gas fireplace. Even the weather, for the most part, cooperated. On Christmas Eve day, we had beautiful sunshine all day, & on Christmas Day, it rained, but around 4 p.m., the sun broke through again. We had stayed at the Coho before, but this was the first time we'd stayed in the new addition. It was wonderful, & we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the newer addition, on the south side. It was very roomy, beautiful view, & very, v...
1  Thank Lori J
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We've stayed at the Coho three times now in recent years, including earlier this week. We're always really pleased with our stay -- and the value during winter months. Our kids love having their own room and bunk beds -- no sharing a queen bed! They also love having a game system and their own TV. We love it, too. They can play games or watch a show in their room, while we enjoy a movie in the main room. The Coho offers a really nice breakfast, with lots of choices. Coffee, hot chocolate and cookies are offered in the lobby in the afternoon. We also love the pool, hot tub and sauna. The rooms have fantastic views of the ocean and pleasing, modern decor. If the weather is decent, it's a short walk from the Coho down to the beach and an array of tide pools. The beds are super-comfortable, too. We enjoyed a suite this time around for $108 -- really tough to beat. I'd also recommend the larger suites with kitchenettes. The rooms are also very clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ProudPortlander
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here for our Anniversary weekend. First I was disappointed that I had to pay $10 more a night to have a king bed (my husband's 6'5"). Second I was disappointed to find 8 hairs in my bed, a huge 7-8" stain on my fitted sheet and 2 small black stains on a pillowcase. During the check up call from the front desk, I asked for new linens. Houskeeping came promply up with the new linens. My husband and I changed the sheet and pillowcase and then seetles in for the night.

The room was very small and the orange colored chairs and picture are very outdated and need to go. The bed was horrible. It was hard and made alot of noise when msitting or lying on it. My husband was up every few hours and tossed and turned during the time he could sleep.

The heating and cooling system did not work well. We had to sleep with the window open due to no air conditioning and then in the middle of the night we had to close the window and turn the heat up. The heater took hours to move up just 2 or 3 degrees.

The breakfast was ok. The biscuits were hard and crunchy, the gravy tasted like flour and they didn't stock alot of each item, so if there were more people in the breakfast area, you had to wait for the host to restock.

The pool room was cold, the water not very warm, (I actually had goose bumps while swimming), and is only 3'-5'.

I have an Ipad and could not connect to the internet in my room. Every time, I had to go sit in the lobby and do my work. There aren't many channels to watch on the tv and ther's a huge delay in switching channels.

The view from the room was nice and I liked the firepits, though they turn off early at 9pm.

The front desk evening staff ladies were a delight and very friendly.

I don't think this will be a place I come back to. If I do, I will have to spend alot more and get a suite.

3  Thank redstar41
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

With our guest's satisfaction being our biggest priority; to hear of the issues that you encountered during your stay, I can't help but feel that we failed to provide you the stay you deserved. It is completely unacceptable for issues such as hair in the linens and stains to ever happen. I have addressed these issues with our laundry department, housekeepers and inspectors to ensure that this is a sole isolated incident. I would like to deeply apologize this is how the room was left prior to your arrival.

While all of our room decor was updated with our renovation just a couple of years ago, we understand that the retro-modern design may not be to everyone's liking. We offer several different room types to best suit everyone's preferences and we will make sure to get you into a room that will be more to your liking next time around. We certainly hope you give us a chance to show you the stay you deserved in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stated staying there about 20 years ago when we were looking for a nice clean place on the coast with a great view. It was much smaller then, but after years of being to busy to go to the coast we went back this year to watch the storm. We stayed in their new adult section
It was af if they had traveled all over staying in the best hotels and then bringing what they liked best back to their hotel. Every special little thing was thought of from fresh ground coffee to a big bag of fresh salt water taffy for only $5. The only thing that seemed to remain of the old hotel was the cleanlyness (sp) and the hospitality. The grounds have always been beautiful. They have a true gem and it just keeps getting better and better.
Don't need to look for any other place on the coast we have found the best.

Room Tip: Don't stay on first floor unless you don't mind people being able to see in your room. Altho...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sandra g
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Always a very friendly front staff! Large continental breakfast featuring hot food items. Always a clean and consistent room with gorgeous views! Sunset suite is beautiful and features a jacuzzi tub and a cute kitchenette.