“I thought this motel was great!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Lincoln Sands Oceanfront Suites
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed January 11, 2006

Wow! I had such a nice time I decided to post a review and am shocked by the negative ones. I will admit we didn't have much interaction with the staff, just at check-in.
On way down the coast we got the room with the jacuzzi tub and fireplace. That was wonderful.
On the way back they only had a room with a murphy bed in the LR and a separate bedroom. We didn't enjoy that room as much as the first!
I also liked the idea of children on the first floor so they can go outside on the grass.
They do have breakfast so that is part of the price.
I would want to make sure which type of room I was paying for but our overall expeience was great!

• Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank grassmel

Reviewed October 21, 2005

We have stayed at this Motel many times and will not stay at any other place.
We live in Oregon and go to the Coast at least 6 times a year. To get the best rate always book online be aware that the rate you get online is for the bottom floors only you will pay extra for the top floors.
If you have children the bottom floors are great because you will have a grassy area for them to play in and you can walk directly onto the beach(no stairs).
The rooms are also very large and it feels like home not a motel room. We save money by going in the off season and on the weekdays.
They also serve you breakfast in the morning that has many of the following items, Cereal, fruit, waffles, biscuits and gravy etc.
They also have a very nice room to have breakfast in with a fireplace or you can take it to your room.
If your going to visit the beautiful Oregon Coast I would recomend this Motel to all of my family and friends. I have read other reviews and I have never had a problem with the staff. We plan another trip in November and I am looking forward to my stay plus it is just a short drive to the Casino.

• Stayed: March 2005
6  Thank Koregon
Reviewed September 9, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel several times. I am not sure why I return because I end up being frustrated and unhappy with the treatment by management each time. I do like other things about the hotel, however, such as the room layout, oceanfront location, and beach access. If I make the reservation at the central reservations, I am told, when I check in, that that is only for a first floor room, even though it does not state this on the websight or at the central Best Western reservation number. They then say a room on a higher floor might be available for an additional charge. They are often quite curt in their interactions. When I have complained to Best Western, they have just said to contact the hotel directly. I travel alot and often stay in Bestwesterns when traveling cross country. I feel the management treatment of customers at this hotel gives Best Western a bad name. If the price increases by floor, this should be stated on the websight and over the phone. It always seems like they are just trying to get more money from you when you check in. Other than this treatment, I have no complaints about this hotel. My experiences have not been as bad as some posted on this sight, but my stay always leaves me with a somewhat negative feeling about the place, rather than an overall positive good time.

• Stayed: April 2005
6  Thank harborWisconsin
Vancouver, WA.
Reviewed January 12, 2005

This Hotel is terrible!!! A tent on the beach would be a more pleasant experience under any weather conditions I assure you. If this is the last room available in town drive to the next town or sleep in your car. I worked in the Hospitality Industry for 5 years as a corporate sales manager for the Double Tree Hotel chain. (A mid level executive accomadation style hotel chain). And I can state with all the confidence in the world that this has to be the absolute worst example of hospitality I have ever exposed my family to. Within the first 3 minutes at the front desk my wife had been spoken to so rudely she left and went back to the car. She had asked about rates as I was parking and was told "Probably more than she could afford." As I approached the front desk I asked the manager what the problem was and he stated "You obviously can't afford this hotel" I asked for his name and he refused to give it to me. I asked what made him believe I could not afford to stay here. He said "look at ya". For the record we were driving our 98' chevy suburban, My wife was wearing a nice half sleeve blouse and capri pants, I was wearing my golf shorts a Hawiian shirt and Nike running shoes, carrying about $500 in cash and a Visa with plenty more for a two night stay. My respose to him was "I normally wear a suit to work I'm on vacation" I couldn't resist listening to what this guy would say next . He said "Well you have rugrats" "you mean my children?" they hadn't even gotten out of the car. At that point he asked me to leave or he would call the authorities. My response of coarse was "Call em' I'll wait". He wouldn't but instead insisted I leave and he refused to serve me. By now this experience had wasted enough of our valuable relaxation time and I left. Just Don't stay here! it could only get worse.

37  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 6, 2004

We stayed here for 1 night on Oct 15. Our room was on the ground floor, right next to the elevator & main corridor. There wasn't much noise from other guests, it was the loud music that the hotel played until 10pm that bothered us. However, we loved the room. 2 very clean bathrooms, a separate bedroom & the murphy bed in the lounge area was very comfortable. We did get a bit of noise from the people right above us...they decided to lower their murphy bed at 11.30pm & we heard every creak! But I would still recommend this hotel even though it was a little pricey. The pool was heated beautifully & the spa looked very inviting.

5  Thank Ozstitcher
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed April 2, 2004

Our stay was enjoyable, we appreciated the wonderful staff and cookies!!! The Lincoln Sands was a wonderful surprise! We will return again! Thanks to Andrew, Bryan and Melody too.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sherwood, OR
Reviewed January 22, 2004

We stayed at the Lincoln Sands during the ice and snow storms the first part of January. Unfortunately we were unable to travel home due to the weather, but fortunately we had a wonderful place to stay. The staff gave us an excellent rate (almost 50% off), and the room had all the comforts of home, even a kitchen! We felt very comfortable, and even a little spoiled by everyone! We will be back!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member