“Do Not Stay Here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Best Western Plus Lincoln Sands Oceanfront Suites
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
“Do Not Stay Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2005

This Hotel is terrible!!! A tent on the beach would be a more pleasant experience under any weather conditions I assure you. If this is the last room available in town drive to the next town or sleep in your car. I worked in the Hospitality Industry for 5 years as a corporate sales manager for the Double Tree Hotel chain. (A mid level executive accomadation style hotel chain). And I can state with all the confidence in the world that this has to be the absolute worst example of hospitality I have ever exposed my family to. Within the first 3 minutes at the front desk my wife had been spoken to so rudely she left and went back to the car. She had asked about rates as I was parking and was told "Probably more than she could afford." As I approached the front desk I asked the manager what the problem was and he stated "You obviously can't afford this hotel" I asked for his name and he refused to give it to me. I asked what made him believe I could not afford to stay here. He said "look at ya". For the record we were driving our 98' chevy suburban, My wife was wearing a nice half sleeve blouse and capri pants, I was wearing my golf shorts a Hawiian shirt and Nike running shoes, carrying about $500 in cash and a Visa with plenty more for a two night stay. My respose to him was "I normally wear a suit to work I'm on vacation" I couldn't resist listening to what this guy would say next . He said "Well you have rugrats" "you mean my children?" they hadn't even gotten out of the car. At that point he asked me to leave or he would call the authorities. My response of coarse was "Call em' I'll wait". He wouldn't but instead insisted I leave and he refused to serve me. By now this experience had wasted enough of our valuable relaxation time and I left. Just Don't stay here! it could only get worse.

37 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2004

We stayed here for 1 night on Oct 15. Our room was on the ground floor, right next to the elevator & main corridor. There wasn't much noise from other guests, it was the loud music that the hotel played until 10pm that bothered us. However, we loved the room. 2 very clean bathrooms, a separate bedroom & the murphy bed in the lounge area was very comfortable. We did get a bit of noise from the people right above us...they decided to lower their murphy bed at 11.30pm & we heard every creak! But I would still recommend this hotel even though it was a little pricey. The pool was heated beautifully & the spa looked very inviting.

5 Thank Ozstitcher
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2004

Our stay was enjoyable, we appreciated the wonderful staff and cookies!!! The Lincoln Sands was a wonderful surprise! We will return again! Thanks to Andrew, Bryan and Melody too.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2004

We stayed at the Lincoln Sands during the ice and snow storms the first part of January. Unfortunately we were unable to travel home due to the weather, but fortunately we had a wonderful place to stay. The staff gave us an excellent rate (almost 50% off), and the room had all the comforts of home, even a kitchen! We felt very comfortable, and even a little spoiled by everyone! We will be back!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
McMinnville, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2003

I read the above review and was really surprised. My fiance and I stayed there in August of 2003, we arrived on a Wednesday and Left on a Friday.

Our room was fabulous with the beach just 20 feet in front of us. We were surprised that they served a full breakfast which was wonderful and the lady making it was friendly, funny, and quite nice.

We booked through besthotels.com. There were no unusual charges or circumstances. We payed 120 a night plus whatever tax.

It was a great place to stay and we'd stay there again.

I'd just like to say in comment to the previous review that since they stayed in June and we stayed in August, maybe they were forced to clean up their act after what happened.

4 Thank SassyBeachGrl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2003

We checked in for one day on the 17th of June 2003 and Payment was made the front Desk Clerk Brian. As we were bringing our stuff in from the van Brian noticed we had a small one man raft on our roof of the car. He commented "your not planning on using that in pool are you?" I said no It's for Devil's lake . He said "Oh, cause the management wanted me to tell you that it cant be used in the pool" I said No Problem and continued to unpack. We had three children (the younger) that are very used to staying and behaving in hotels. I had to back to our home and work so I left my family there to stay over. The next day I called the office at Lincoln Sands at 11:17 and told them we wanted to stay another night and they told me the rates went up to 269.00 from 149.00 for our first nights stay. I said well thats rediculous. Nobody told us that the rates would increase like this as it was only wednesday. Rate increases are from Thu-Sat. There was nothing in what I signed that said anything about rate increases. While I was gone, the front desk guy Brian kept calling my wife and telling her that she needed to get out of the room or pay this rediculous amount. His Phone calles started at 10:50 prior to check out time. He was rude and abrupt. I called their office from My House in McMinnville (40 min. away) at around 11:10. I called their 800 number and they told me I would have to call back on their local number to connect to Jennifer's room. Then the real fun starts. After we had explained that we would not be staying another night Brian attempted to charge my card 269.00. Then After he didnt succeed he called Jennifer again and demanded a good credit card. We had enough to cover the charge of another night but only at the original rate of 149.00 not 269.00. After his attempt and fith rude phone call at 11:06 She told him that he had no right to charge the card. He told her that your going to be late checking out and their will be a half day room charge now of 130.00. She said "fine " I then spoke to the manager (I did not get her name) and she was just as rude and non helpful. At this point, I got on the phone with Brian and he said he had to have something for cash I told him I was moving money into the account and I would be there in 40 minutes to pay for these charges. He said OK. Then I went to my Pay Pal account and as I was watching, he charged 140.00 (cleared) ,then 50.00 (cleared), then 40.00 (which failed), 30.00 (failed), 20.00 (cleared), and 10.00. This completely wiped out my account. I called Jennifer to tell her what was happening at 11:27. She then called front desk and told them to stop. They hung up on her! Then She called 911 and they interupted /disconnected her call while connecting to 911. She then called the office back and demanded they call the sherrifs office. When the police arrived they said my wife was rude and swearing at them and they wanted her off the property. At this point my wife was telling the Police what was going on and they even agreed that they were being rediculous. Ok and here is the worst part. I am 45 minutes away and My wife is stranded at the (satanic INN) Lincoln Sands Suites. They made here exit the premises with a 150 lb travel carrier and all of the stuff we had. It was raining pretty hard and she had a 1 1/2 year old infant, no money and no vehicle. She was forced to take all the stuff down on the beach. When I got there, my kids were soaking wet and crying, She was crying also and the housekeeping, which was rude as well, was up at the Licon city Sands hotel laughing at us. I had never in my experience been treated so poorly as a paying customer. Please note she was checked out before Noon that day. This was documented in the police report. When I called a final time Brian said there would be an 80.00 late check out fee. I didnt care, I just wanted to get to my wife and children as they were going to be out in the rain. My son remembered that he had left some of his stuff in the room and food and when he tried to go back up to the room (which was left clean it took housekeeping 15 minutes to clean cause they hurried and got someone checked in the room while the polce were there) They said "No! We threw it away and you need to get off the property!" And Tyler could see they had un-opened cereal box and the other food from the fridge in our room. They would not give it to him. The One house keeper had a big tattoo wrapping around her arm that My son remebered. During Our Stay at this hotel, our family Never left the room, never used the pool and we were not noisy or disruptive in any way. Plus She left the room emaculate as we always do. My wife was in housekeeping in her early twenties for employement and can appreciate what they do.

70 Thank A TripAdvisor Member