“GREAT breakfast!”

Beach Dog Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: The Beach Dog Cafe is a Family Owned and Operated Breakfast and Lunch Cafe ~ The Beach Dog Cafe is not able to Accommodate Large Groups. Also No Reservations Accepted. And No Take Out Menu ~ The Beach Dog Cafe Welcomes Families ~ We do "Ask Kindly" when Dining with little ones that you are Respectful of others while Dining. Sometimes wait times of meals can be longer than normal and may be too much for a little one to wait that amount of time. Please plan accordingly. We take Pride and are Proud of the food we Serve. The Beach Dog Cafe is not the place for a person on a tight schedule or In a Hurry. No Credit Cards OR Debit Cards Accepted No ATM
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“GREAT breakfast!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Homemade delicious foods and warm, cozy atmosphere! Be sure and try this one out! You will be delighted!

Portland, OR
“The Best Breakfast on the Coast!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I read good reviews about this place so we decided to give it a try. The place is small (~10 tables and a two-seater bar) and when we walked in, there was a line. There was a party of six and two parties of two ahead of us, so it took awhile for us to get seated, and then to receive our food, but the staff was VERY friendly and attentive, and the food was FANTASTIC!!! The coffee was delicious! It is roasted locally by Cape Foulweather Coffee Co.

We decided to order a couple of their signature breakfasts (y'know, when in Rome...). I ordered the Beach Dog Potatoes (fried potatoes with yummy Polish sausage, grilled onions and cheddar cheese) with two eggs and whole wheat toast; my husband ordered the stuffed french toast (filled with a citrus cream cheese and bananas, topped with berry compote and fresh berries - yum!). He also ordered a fried egg and 2 slices of bacon.

EVERYTHING we ordered was excellent! The potatoes were seasoned and cooked to perfection, the french toast was out of this world, the bacon was thick and also perfectly cooked - even the coffee, the OJ, and the wheat toast were above normal standards. Believe me when I say it was defintely worth the wait, and I can't wait to come back! :-)

Singapore, Singapore
“Thank You Beach Dog! :)”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I loved this family owned and operated restaurant! The food, the ambiance, the books, the Lassie movie, everything! My husband had the chilli dog while I had breakfast including those marvelous potatoes and a sausage patty to die for. It was so good and they were so friendly that we went back a second time and it was even better! Don't miss this on the 101 as you travel up or down the Oregon Coast! We will plan our next trip with this in mind!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank PilgrimStranger
Newberg, Oregon
“Dogs for everyone”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

It's been a few months since our first meal at Beach Dog -- breakfast last spring -- so we decided to stop by for lunch on our way back home after a couple days at our condo in Depoe Bay. We weren't super hungry, as we'd had breakfast about 3 hours earlier before hitting the road.
We just beat the lunch rush and got a table right away. Ten minutes later, there were people waiting.
Mrs. OJ decided to go light, ordering a kosher dog (with mustard, onions and relish) and a side of chips ($5.50 total). I ordered a "full meal" of a coney dog topped with cheese and a side of potato salad ($9). The dogs are quarter-pounders I'm guessing, served on buns that are closer to a Hoagie roll than hot dog bun. My dog was loaded with coney sauce, so much so that it required a knife and fork. It was pretty good, but I have to say I make a better coney sauce myself and it also was a bit under my benchmark -- the sauce made at a Dairy Queen in Newberg, OR. Really! The potato salad also was fine, but again, my wife makes much better. (OK, I have yet to have any restaurant measure up to her potato salad.) Oddly, my order also included a few chips -- one of several side options.
After an outrageously good breakfast previously, I must admit to being a bit underwhelmed at Beach Dog's lunch. It probably would have been more impressive if this had been my first meal here -- it was pretty good overall -- but my expectations had been raised substantially by our prior excellent breakfast.
It's still a good choice for a decent casual lunch; a top pick for a great breakfast and I'll be back for that. But for Lincoln City lunch stops, I'll probably be returning to our "old reliable" -- Blackfish Café.

Vancouver, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cute little place”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The food was wonderful and very well presented. We went here for breakfast and only waited about 10 minutes for a seat, server was quick to take our order, but it took about 45 minutes to finally receive our order. We didn't even order complicated foods, very simple meals. The food was delicious, but the wait made me not want to go back. I understand they were busy, the server was running all over the place and I know it wasn't his fault, I don't blame him. There was a lady walking around, she didn't seem to be doing her job very well, made me think she must have been new. I think they were just terribly under staffed both in the dining room and in the kitchen. I even saw a kid walking around back there going in and out of their cooler. I'll give this place another try just because the food was so wonderful.