“Mixed feelings?” 3 of 5 bubbles

Roadhouse 101
Ranked #47 of 105 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle
“Mixed feelings?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Had dinner here during a recent trip through the area. It was a Wednesday evening so it was nice and quiet, looks like the kind of place that could be busier and noisier on the weekends.
The staff was very nice and friendly, and very helpful. The menu looked pretty good lots of variety.
I decided to splurge a bit and have the ribeye steak, and it was disappointing. It was a smallish piece of steak, with bland steamed mixed veggies (probably frozen) and French fries for $22, no salad, no bread; and the steak had been cooked on one of those flame grill things so it really tasted more of the fuel from e grill and less of well cooked steak.
But the beer was very good, brewed next door at Rusty Truck Brewery!

I would definitely go back, the staff were very nice and friendly, the beer was good, and there were other things on e menu that sounded good, but I would NEVER order the steak there again!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Matt98030

“Stick to beer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We went here because of a coupon that we had. Had been before to the bar. The beer is good but that is about all. The service is VERY slow and the food was not good. I ordered the fish and chips and my husband had the rueban. I received one large chunk of overcooked fish. When you order fish and chips you want multiple smaller pieces. If this is how it comes please do not put it on the menu like this. Husband said his sandwich was ok. Will stick to the beer in the future.

1 Thank froggymommy03
“Disappointed since our last visit, we didn't stay to eat.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We normally come to this restaurant when we are in town (once a year) and usually enjoy our experience. This year our experience was not great. We were not greeted at the door with anything other then a mumble about having only two in our party. The restaurant wasn't very busy at 5:30 pm on a Friday but there was a lot of employees hanging around, laughing and enjoying themselves. After our drink order (water for me because they only have their Rusty Truck microbrew) we looked at the menu, which has been changed since our last visit. Doesn't have as many options as it once did. My husband was thinking about a pizza, but we witnessed one of the employees attempting to flatted some pizza dough on a very dirty surface. Then we witnessed the same employee asking a different employee (maybe a manager or lead) for help, in which he was not very happy to see she was trying to make a pizza on such a dirty surface. He made her take everything to the dishwasher and proceeded to throw the pizza dough away and brought out new. My husband decided he didn't want pizza anymore (not from them).
We never felt welcomed during this visit. And after watching the interaction between employes with the pizza area, we decided we didn't want to eat there. My husband finished his beer, we paid for it and left.
We will not be back! There are better places to eat in town.

Visited April 2014
Trout Lake, Washington
“inedible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Food was NOT good. $8 kids Mac and cheese was from a box. Waited an hour for food. FRESH halibut was anything but, and covered in something awful. Craft beer was undrinkable. The server was nice, and tried.

• Visited March 2014
Edmonds, Washington
“Horrible food, OK for drinks.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Went here for dinner because my sister said they had music and it was a Saturday night so I thought it would be fun. The band started playing before we ordered our food, loud is an understatement, the waitress was trying to scream at us to get our order, she couldn't hear us and we couldn't hear her. I ordered shrimp scampi because on the flier it said they were a seafood restaurant, don't believe them. When my dinner arrived there was 6 little shrimp on my plate 5 little vegetables, and 1 roasted yukon potato cut in half. I looked at the waitress, like are you kidding me, she looked at me like sorry, the plate was basically empty, the friend I was with laughed. I might not have mined if I wasn't paying $18 for it and it tasted like I could have cooked this meal and done a better job, totally tasteless. I heard usually the band isn't quite that loud and much better, I would make this a drink spot instead of a dinner spot.

• Visited March 2014