“A Burrito To Die For”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Every time we pass through Lincoln City we stop at La Roca. And I've reviewed it before. But I'm reviewing it again because in our latest visit I had a burrito to die for. If you like the salsa verde (the green stuff) they serve with the chips, order the Chile Verde Burrito. This has got to be the best mexican meal I ever had. What makes it great is the salsa verde which has bite and a certain sweetness (it reminds me of mint chutney in an Indian restaurant). Combine that with very tasty and tender pork, at least two cheeses, and the flour tortilla wrapper and it's something great!

There are newer reviews for La Roca

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great spot for lunch in Lincoln City. Not what I call totally authentic but pretty close. It's a nice clean restaurant with a friendly staff that keeps the chips and salsa coming while you wait. The portion size are very generous and some and are just downright huge. Most the stuff I have tried is not very spicy but that is what Tapatio is for. ;)

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Small place in a shopping strip with a Christmas shop. Mostly locals eating when we came in so we took that as a good sign. Ordered a veggie burrito and I thought a quesadilla but the plate arrived with an enchilada. Not sure if that was my mistake or our server who seemed a bit confused. It didn't really matter as it was all tasty. The biggest burritos I have ever seen bursting at the seams with goodness. If you have hungry teenagers the burrito is an incredible value. The chips were hot and we were served a spicy green salsa and red salsa. It was so much food I only made it through half the plate. Its a small establishment and it filled up as we finished our meal so we waited a long time for a check. Two huge plates of food and two ice teas for $20.50. We would most likely go back on our next trip to the coast.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Decent Mexican food - we were told it was authentic. One of our party ordered the taco salad. When asked if it was ground beef or shredded bef - the waitress replied shredded. When it arrived it was like four strips of beef jerky. Fairly bland - but cheap. Probably will not attend - and cant really give it a good recommendation.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We never would have selected, much less even noticed, this restaurant if it hadn't received such good reviews from other visitors. Its unassuming location on 101 sandwiched between two aging tourist shops makes it easy to miss, but we're so glad we stopped and had dinner here. They use incredibly fresh ingredients, which make the chicken enchiladas verde simply divine. Just the right flavor and subtle heat. The tortilla chips were also very fresh and delicious. Service is provided with a smile and the staff is very attentive. Don't miss the fresh horchata (rice milk) which is a favorite of my daughter.