“Beautiful Place”

Ocean Terrace Condominium Suites
Scappoose, Oregon
“Beautiful Place”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We have stayed here a few times! Love that it is so close to the beach! Very clean rooms and it is nice to have an indoor pool! Cant wait to go back! Definetly would recommend staying here! Rates are very reasonable as well!

Room Tip: We have stayed in Room # 2 twice and love it!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Winlock, Washington
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a whim and it was absolutely perfect! The bed was comfortable and everything was clean plus the view was perfect! We plan on coming back really soon! The only issue we did have was they don't keep play pens for families to use which was totally okay and they were very kind about it. And the pool isn't open very late so we never got a chance to swim. But overall our experience was fabulous! Unit 3

• Stayed May 2014
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have stayed here more times than I can count. Its my go to place when I visit Lincoln City. We absolutely love unit #2. Wonderful views of the Ocean. The location for us is perfect. Its within walking distance to stores and places to eat. Ground floor and easy access to the gate and stairs which leads to the beach. This unit has always been clean with most anything we would need for our stay. It feels like home when we visit. We love that it has an indoor pool area and dry sauna for the days when its cold and rainy. The staff is also very nice and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tara s
The Dalles, Oregon
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Even though it's a non ocean view except from the balcony, I loved the comfy, cozy bed and unique decor of this unit. I'm excited to be coming this weekend for another awesome stay. I have been coming to OT for more than 25 years and will still keep coming back. It's my home away from home.

1 Thank Chris P
Sacramento
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed in unit #17, it was our first choice based on the photos and we booked it months in advance. It seemed there was only about half a dozen units occupied during our stay, so it was super quiet and we had the pool to ourselves. The pool wasn't even a planned activity for us but after finding some swimming apparel at the Goodwill store down the road, we fully enjoyed a 2 hour evening swim in the heated pool after a long day of visiting other towns.

#17 was just as pictured, it seemed to be recently updated and other than finding a giant ant on the closet door when we first arrived, there was nothing unpleasant about the room. Fully equipped kitchen helped us save a little by making breakfast in the unit for 2 of the 3 mornings we had there. The condo is decorated nicely and appeased our taste in furniture. When we return, we will stay in this unit again if possible.

One thing to note is that they do not do daily housekeeping so it's up to you to clean up any trash or wash the dishes you use. They give you a mesh bag to put towels in if you need to exchange them for clean towels at the front office during your stay.

My favorite part of the condo was the view, of course. My least favorite was getting down to the beach. Very steep and narrow steps, I had to hang on to both rails and go down sideways, the steps in the first part down are also slightly angled so it's a bit uncomfortable, especially for people like me who get a little dizzy going down any staircase. Then you need to walk down a trail that's a bit uneven, and there's nothing to hold on to at that part, I had worn sandals and noticed a lot of fireants running about, so I recommend closed shoes. My boyfriend ran back up to our unit to get my tennis shoes and later when we were returning back to the unit, I put them on before walking up the trail and it was much easier and a little less scary! The sand was a bit deep so I sunk in with each step and there are thousands of fireant holes along the beach. There's also a lot of debris and tree trunks so be careful! I spotted a public access point down the road a bit near D'Sands, it looked much easier to get to the water so I'll use that entry point next time!

Unrelated to the lodging, it seemed most restaurants close by 8pm (or earlier) in this area, some of the bars serve food a bit later. We like to eat late so we missed out on some great restaurants! Definitely recommend Wildflower grill for breakfast, but keep it mind it's a few miles away, it's not just across HWY 101 where our navigation device kept taking us. I had to call to find out it was actually 4250 NE Hwy 101, not NW. Also recommended: Dory Cove has the best clam chowder I've ever had!

Overall, this is the perfect place to get away from it all. We got a great rate because we were here on weekdays before the summer rates go into effect, and because we stayed 2+ nights.

Room Tip: Take a look at all the photos so you can see inside each unit and choose a room that looks like it w...
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed here the 2nd time for a weekend getaway, and weren't as impressed as the last time. We wanted Unit #30 but it wasn't available, so we stayed in #23, which definitely needs some work. The bathroom and bedroom had chipped paint, and obviously weren't professionally done in the past. The microwave over the stove in the kitchen wasn't working, which no one told us, but there was a 2nd one provided on the counter. The toaster had faulty wiring, which could have caused a fire, so we informed management who said it would be replaced. There was a small hole in the living room carpet, and the kitchen cabinets are in rough shape. They don't close well, and need refinishing. Management said the unit is for sale, and no improvements will probably be made by the owner. Of course all the water front units have fabulous views, which is the highlight. There are shared balconies, so not as much privacy as we would prefer. Anyone else staying on that floor close by can walk along and look in your unit, and you wouldn't want to leave your sliding door open while sleeping. The king bed mattress is ok, but not high quality. The pillows could use replacing. The place was clean, and the kitchen well equipped.
Even though Ocean Terrace is close to the main road, it's pretty quiet. We might stay there again in the future because of the view, access to the beach, and good prices, but not in this unit.

Room Tip: Avoid the 1st floor because you won't have much view, and would probably hear the people above y...
1 Thank colt123
Oceanterrace97367, Manager at Ocean Terrace Condominium Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We are terribly sorry to hear your experience was not up to par. We have passed along your concerns to the owner, and have fixed some of the things within our power to fix. I hope you will come back and see us, we always want our guests to leave us with a positive experience.
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Unit 30 was so cozy and inviting and the view is next to none! It was nice that the weather cooperated and we were able to sit out on the deck with our cocktails in the evening. This was our second time in unit 30 in six months and we look forward to coming back again!

Room Tip: Room is updated and very clean!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple