“Why We Always Come Back!”

Beachfront Manor Hotel
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I like to think of myself as an expert in hospitality. Which means I am also very demanding when it comes to customer service. But, I always give credit where credit is due. Well- it is certainly due here.

The staff has always been very accommodating and welcoming upon arrival, (even when we arrive early). Our reservations have never been lost or mixed up, and they have a very cozy but inviting front lobby. Dianna's team, especially Nick and Tina have always been above and beyond my expectations.

The rooms are beautiful. I love the color scheme and the modern feel. I live in my bathrobe when we stay there. It is so comfy! Speaking of comfy- my boyfriend hates every hotel bed we have ever slept on EXCEPT here. And he is picky! They have amazing beds.

This is a hotel that I would certainly recommend for any couple wanting a romantic weekend. I feel that children could stay at the hotel with no problem (though there are more kid friendly locations I would advise them to go to- maybe since I prefer not to see/hear kids on my romantic weekends at the beach).

There are stairs to get to certain rooms (I have stayed at 3 of the company's locations), but nothing out of the ordinary for an average adult to handle. And it is always posted on the website if there are stairs to get to the room.

We love these properties (especially Beachfront Manor), and look forward to our next stay in just a few weeks!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 30, 2010

Reserved this room for our wedding night and were amazed with how beautiful "the whole shebang" romance package is! Well worth the additional cost. The room was tastefully decorated and the king size bed was very comfortable. We liked that the room we stayed in was only one flight of stairs from the beach. The view off the private balcony was incredible.

We will definately return for our one year anniversary. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Reviewed August 24, 2010

LOVE this hotel. I will never stay anywhere on the coast but here! Rooms are BRIGHT and cheery and beach feel. You dont even have to leave the room and you feel like your on the beach. The surf is loud and super relaxing!

You will not be dissapointed. BOOK NOW! We stayed in the 6th floor hot tub room on the left corner. Felt like a private condo! :)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for our 8yr Wedding Anniversary. First, I'll list the positives...
--Nicely painted room. Decor was nice.
--View was nice.
--Hot Tub was nice.
--Deck had a lot of room
--Bed was nicer than we thought. We expected a soft bed, but it was pretty firm. Good for us.
--Nice sized HD TV and dvd player to watch movies.
--Private and was rather sound proof. You couldn't even hear the TV when the sliding glass door was open. We didn't really hear anyone in any other room.
--Gas fireplace. That's pretty cool. Fake wood obviously.

Now, the bad....
--no screens on windows and no screen door. this leads to...
--TOO warm. Climate control sucked. The remote for the fireplace seemed pretty cheap and the fireplace would never shut off. Every time we left, for maybe 30 mins, it got to 75 degrees each time. We had to keep the sliding glass door open to cool it off. We'd have LOVED to keep it and the windows open at night, but no screens so no go.
--Only one night stand. I had to use a bar stool for my fan. (at least the room came with one, so my wife didn't have to buy one)
--Sink, though nice and fit the room decor and theme, isn't made to be a multi-purpose sink. Too shallow and water splashed every where. It was pretty coo looking though.
--Room wasn't stocked with toilet paper. We had half a roll when we got there and had to call to get more. Kind of weird.
--Room was pretty clean except for the cobwebs. Especially on the ceiling. Plus the ceiling had obvious water damage and the paint was peeling around the edges. Woke up the third day and had a couple spiders on the ceiling. awesome!
--For the size of the deck, only had three green plastic lawn chairs. It could have easily used a table. They don't maximize it. If we wanted to have a drink on the deck, no place to put it but on the ground.
--There was NO handy TV channel listings like even the cheap places have. We had to guess which channels were what. And if you turned off the tv and turned it later (even a couple minutes), it would always go back to Ch.2.
--If you have an HD TV, get some HD channels. The channels were fuzzy because they were digital and not HD. If you have an HD TV and receiver, you know what I am talking about.
--DVD player connection wasn't "great". Had "wiggly" soft lines while watching movies. Since cords were hidden, kind of hard to try and fix it.
--Last, we had a lovely wake up call we didn't ask for...by the cleaning person on our last day at 9:15am. We were asked when we first checked in if we wanted maid service. We said "no, we'd be there often" and they said to just call them if we needed something. Well, we didn't call for the 9:15am. We heard the door unlock then a "oh sorry" and the door close and lock. We told the lady at the front desk and really, she seemed not to give a care at all. Like "oh well"....Not too cool.

Anyways, we did enjoy ourselves for the most part. I don't know if we'd recommend the place unless they made some improvements. We think the Starfish Hotel is the nicer of the two, but if they are going to advertise it like they do, they might want to pick it up some. All in all, it's ok but I think we'll explore other areas.

1  Thank VancouverBenE
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed at the Beachfront Manor for our honeymoon in July. It was absolutely amazing! It was quiet and peaceful. The room was immaculate and so comfortable that we even wanted to extend our stay. We were there over the 4th of July and it was a quick trip down the steps to the beach to enjoy the fireworks. After a nice fire with smores on the beach we went back to our room to continue enjoying the fireworks from our hot tub. They had amazing Bath & Body works hand soap and plush towels (two different kinds - one for the hot tub and one for showering) and they were very soft. The bed was extremely comfortable! We plan on going back at least once a year to celebrate our anniversary. Hopefully we can stay there at other times of the year as well.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

our favorite place to stay on the coast, great view and the jacuzzi is the best. Rooms are nice and very clean inside.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I called this hotel because the beds are supposed to be soft and they are and for us with back injuries we want soft beds. I asked the clerk on the phone if they had a king bed without a hot tub. I explained due to my asthma I don't use them as the heat makes it hard to breathe. So we really didn't want to pay extra for something we wouldn't use. They had a double queen but that was all without a hot tub and she said there are a few stairs to get to it as they have no elevator. I booked the room as a few stairs is ok. We were surprised to find their idea of a "few" stairs was actually 56 very steep stairs and yes we counted them. Every single one. Do you think it is fun for an older couple to drag luggage (we weren't offered any assistance) down 56 very steep stairs and back up? When we left it was misting and these stairs are outside with seagulls flying above your head and their droppings around your feet all over the stair steps. The lady in the room next to ours was at the top of these stairs when we climbed up to check out and she asked us how we liked "the stairs from hell". Those were her words but we agreed with her and told her we'd never return because they misrepresented this to us when we called. Their website should disclose this fact to their unknown travelers and the desk clerk certainly should have told me what she meant by "a few stairs" especially when I'd disclosed I have asthma. To us it was misrepresentation by exclusion. I will grant you that the beds were soft but we returned after the room was cleaned the 1st night to find sandy footsteps from the door into the room on the carpet. Did these belong to the housekeepers? (They had charged our card 3 days before we arrived at the hotel so we weren't allowed any refund if we wanted to find another place to stay).

Having travelled down those stairs holding tightly onto the rails you'd expect to find something great at the bottom. We found a very dark and dreary room with really no window light and very dim interior lighting (sconces on the walls were the only lights in the room). There was a large front window that only opened on a small 12" high sliding pane below the larger picture window. Even with the height of your bed with no screens on them. Someone could easily put their whole arm through that window and touch one of the beds while you're in it asleep if you slept with it open. A child could easily crawl through it.

The picture window opened onto a walkway in front of the room and the neighbors walked by and waved to us. You step out the door and across the walkway onto your very public patio area on what looks like a rooftop of another building, all of which is under the ceiling, balconies and walkways of the floors above us. So it is all very dark on the walk way and the patio. This prevents any natural light going into this room. It gave us the creeps how dark it was even when it was bright outside you felt like you were in a cave. Their website mentioned something about this room being on the sand. It is actually a few more stairs down to the sand. (Those are in addition to the 56 to our room). We have stayed in other hotels in Lincoln City that are much nicer with a much nicer view and for less money. We felt ripped off and told the clerk we'd never be back. We said that at our age those types of stairs is much too hard on us especially with my asthma which they were informed of before we booked. It was obvious all they cared about was booking the room and getting the fee. No wonder the entire 2 day charge was run 3 days before we arrived. We personally prefer Pelican Shores, Chinook Winds, or The Coho. All nice, nice beds, less money, great oceanfront views that are bright and open with lots of daylight in the room and, a few stairs if you get a 2nd or 3rd floor. But certainly nothing even close to 56 stairs and none are steep.

3  Thank kingddm
beachfrontdianna, Owner at Beachfront Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

Our website says "because it is "Right on the Sand there are 4 floors of stairs to get to this room" and they booked online. The hotel underwent a MULTI-million dollar renovation in 2007 on just 30 rooms. The decor is light and airy. There is a picture of the room right next to where you check the box to reserve it - so you can see exactly what you are getting. The rooms face the oceanfront with large picture windows to let the beautiful oceanviews and light in. We do have staff member available to help with luggage. I wish this guest would have said something during their stay about their problem with the steps. We have other oceanfront hotels in Lincoln City and would have happily offered them another room with elevator access or refunded their stay.