“Very nice place to relax!”

Beachfront Manor Hotel
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Kelso, Washington
“Very nice place to relax!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were given three nights at the Beachfront Manor Hotel for a Christmas gift from our kids. We had never been there before and really didn't know what to expect. When we arrived, we were greeted at the desk by a very nice host. We thought our room had a full view of the ocean but it had a partial view. We were disappointed at first but it turned out great! The room was a studio, but all brand new and very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The motel is in a great location and close to everything, and very quiet. We were very happy with everything and will go back again!

Room Tip: A very nice get away place to go. Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We bought Groupon for 2 night stay at starfish manor hotel. The photos shown in groupon were totally different than the rooms we got and also there is no ocean view directly from the room as shown in the pictures. Because of this we left one day early. So I advice people not to go with pictures only. We felt that these guys misled us.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jitendra P
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Okay so it doesn't look like much. But once we got in our room we loved it. Yes, a plus size person would have trouble actually sitting on the toilet due to a super narrow stall but it worked for us. It was quiet, clean, and a great location. Loved being able to look out at the ocean even if it was just a partial view. We'd go back again.

Room Tip: If you are staying as a family be sure and ask for the room at the end that overlooks the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

We checked into our romantic ocean room with a "private balcony" and hot tub. The first night was on a Thursday. Our room was not ready until after 4pm, which I felt was getting late. I thought we were staying at the Starfish Manor which looked well kept, but were instead sent two doors down to a dingy building called the Beachfront Manor. The stairwells had worn paint and the whole building looked in need of repair.
When we entered the room there were 2 bath robes laid out on the bed with rose petals and 2 chocolates, this was well done but was quickly erased by the room itself. The patio drape had small holes in it and needed to be replaced. The bed was only about 18 inches from the window which faced the outside hall way and the drapes were not large enough to cover the windows without gaps of 4-6 inches, there were thin blinds but drapes to cover were needed. The tiny bathroom had the hook for robes on the back of the door missing. It had been pulled out and never replaced. There was paper from the sheet rock hanging from the ceiling and this piece was about 6 inches long, so not a tiny tear.
Our fireplace remote did not work so we needed maintenance right off the bat. The man who came to our room was polite and retrieved us a new remote right away. The cover for the hot tub had broken clips so was held on with a nylon rope.
When you walk on the outdoor hallway/walkway our room was on the end facing the ocean but there is a small 3 foot tall wrought iron fencing about 2 feet wide that led to our "private balcony". The first night was a Thursday and was without incident, but the second night at 3am I woke to giggling outside the window. I woke my husband just as I heard banging on the iron fence leading to the balcony. Within moments I was staring into the face of a man and woman looking into my room only 6 feet from the foot of my bed. They were in their underwear and had hopped the tiny fence so they could use the hot tub on the balcony. The woman "chickened out" and went back over the fence followed soon by the man. We called the front desk trying to get hotel security and there was no answer at the front desk. We searched for a number for security with no luck. We finally found a number for 24 hour maintenance and called it trying to get hotel security. We were told even though they own three properties there was no security at all and he would instead call the police.
At 4am the intruders came back and again climbed the fence. We had left the patio light on (even though it lit up our room) just in case. They again left laughing and carrying on and this time slammed their door just a couple down from ours. So now we knew what they looked like and where they were located.
At 7am they came back again. This time we were able to reach the front desk. They called the police though there was nothing that could be done. I was amazed that someone from the hotel was not available to do something with a description of the people and a location of the room they were in.
The front desk clerk was wonderful, but the manager was not impressive. She was suppose to let us know about a refund the following Thursday and never called. The following day I called and left a message and there was no return call. It was not until the following Monday, one week and 3 days later before she called and left a message that we would get one night refunded.
My husband and I were both so shaken we could not wait to get out of this hotel and plan to never return. I was grateful this was the last night we were spending at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
12 Thank jerkjunkie
Everson, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Room was perfect size with a comfortable bed and coach. Nice tv that also had a dvd player 5hat we never used. We had a hot tub suite, on the 5th floor. Even thought you have the building in part of the view, still get some great views of the beach and water. You can adjust the temp of the hot tub yourself too. Friendly staff. They really respect your privacy. Showed up and at check in they asked when we would like our room cleaned and let us inow about when to expect them. Literally our only complaint was the shower in the batheroom, but in fairness our bathroom at home is 10X10, but the shower is a one person and small. Nice showerhead though. But that 8 mins a day aside, it was great!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Me and my husband stayed here for our two year anniversary on 3/25/2014. Hotel check in was great, they let us check in 4 hours early!!! Front desk was also helpful in letting us know how to turn on the fireplace. Hotel was fair. Nicely, and minimally decorated. Very nice aesthetic touch was the robes with rose petals along the bed, along with two pieces of complimentary chocolate. Fan in the bathroom is connected to a light outside by the sink, and it was very loud. Little noise from others. Room had a private hot tub on the balcony which was very nice! And perfectly warm! We had a bit of lightning storm the night we stayed so we didn't get to spend too much time in it though :(. Beach access from the hotel. The outside of the hotel was average. Nothing special, but not terribly dirty or in poor conditions. The price for the room was very steep! For as little time as we spent there it felt like money wasted, but probably rightly so for not sleeping in motel! I would recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to spend a romantic night or two looking at the ocean with easy beach access if money isn't an issue.

Room Tip: 3rd floor optimum for balcony use.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gresham, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to stay here on Wednesday, 2/26/2014. I had read many reviews of coastal hotels and after narrowing down my options, I decided this was the best place because you just can't beat a private hot tub on your balcony for the price they offer!

I will say first off, try to call ahead for directions because Google maps led us into a condominium complex! It was easily fixed, but only because I remembered where to go from looking at Google Earth the night before.

Check-in was pleasant (check-in is located at the Starfish Manor, 2 buildings to the left), the ladies at the front desk were very helpful and polite, and I liked the complementary coffee with yummy creamers! Also they give you 2 real keys, so there's none of that card business with the risk of deactivation (I've worked front desk, it happens constantly).

I believe there were only 4 other vehicles parked in the lot the night we were there, so it made for a nice and quiet stay.
Our room was on the 6th floor (I requested a specific room when I reserved), which had a king bed, a fireplace, and a large hot tub on the balcony. If you're looking for ease of access, I recommend getting a room on the 5th floor, as this is the parking lot level; floors 1-4 and 6 require lots of stair climbing, so be prepared! Floor 1 are the oceanfront rooms, but the balcony wasn't private at all... I would've hated to stay on the 1st floor!!

While the room isn't all that big, we didn't really notice because most of our time was spent enjoying the amenities! The hot tub with the nearly panoramic view of the ocean was just perfection- and even the next morning when it was raining a bit, we still enjoyed it because there was an overhang on the roof that sheltered us just enough.

For dinner, we drove just down the street to the Blackfish Cafe. They have some amaaaazing clam chowder!!! Also try the rockfish and chips! We took it back to our room and ate at the little window-side table with the gorgeous ocean view.

We switched in between enjoying the hot tub and going down to walk on the beach for our evening activities.

The fireplace did a great job keeping us warm at night, but you've gotta get the hang of the remote first. The bed was BIG and totally comfortable, the sheets were really soft... I really liked that everything seemed a bit more personal; the sheets/blankets/towels weren't just standard hotel issue. It was almost like you were staying at your family's guest house- it just felt more home-y.

The only thing I regret is forgetting to bring our DVDs! That was a bummer. They do however have DVD rentals at the office for $2 I believe, but we just watched some TV instead. Also, there is NO INTERNET ACCESS! This wasn't a problem for us because we wanted to spend time with each other, but if you absolutely need WiFi, definitely check out somewhere else before you decide to stay here!

Overall, we had such a great time, and we are really looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: 5TH FLOOR is ideal for anyone not wanting to use stairs because there is NO elevator access at this...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple