“Great for price, but run-down and needs more cleaning....” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hideaway Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Hideaway Motel
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
P-town, OR
“Great for price, but run-down and needs more cleaning....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2007

My family of 3 (hubby, baby and I) along with "gramma" stayed here for a nite in the 2 bedroom type apartement. The managers were nice, kinda wierd, but the woman was friendly. I am not sure our place was really clean, the carpet was awful, as well as the floors in general. The whole place isn't level, but we got past those little things and looked at the positive. A full kitchen, nice bathroom (in fact, this was the cleanest, best looking spot in the house), HUGE wood burning fireplace that was wonderful all nite long........ (forget those gas ones at the big hotels) and a descent view of the beach as well as hearing the ocean. The bad parts were the lack of cleanliness overall, some of the kitchen cookware needed replacement, some appliances were questionable, beds are less than average (comfort wise) and it is quite a steep walk down some sketchy steps to get to the beach.

OVERALL........ I would go back. Not to the 2 bedroom though. We looked at some of the other rooms before we left and there are a couple that were much nicer than #2, cleanliness wise. This is definalty a "dive" of sorts, but for the price you can't beat it. Tons of character and charm, I hope the "New Management" that is advertised has done some work to this place and hired some professional cleaners and carpet people to change this place around. Its a great place to stay, bit it needs to be taken care of a little more so people will go back.

• Liked — Price, wood fireplace, full kitchen
  • Disliked — cleanliness, beach access, cleanliness, saftey??, cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Enz_503

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Billings, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2007

I called to reserve lodging for my family for 3 nights holding our reservations with a credit card.. When we arrived at 5pm the motel was closed and the sign said no vaccancy. When the desk clerk arrived we went in to check in, and this is when we found out we had no room. The desk ledger had been "whited out" on the day we were to check in and our name didn't appear anywhere on the ledger. They had one room open for two nights, although the sign said no vaccancy, and the clerk said we could have it for the price of the other room. We went in and looked around and I couldn'r belive my eyes or my nose! I had looked on line at the pictures so I was aware this was an older place, but I was totally unprepared for what I walked into. The main entrance door locked, but all other had access to other rooms, so other guests could have just poped in! The smell of urine, pet or human, was overpowering. I opened the two tiny windows that did open to let some fresh air in. The furniture and appliances appeared to be clean, but the rooms were not level and the motel seemed very run-down. The view was nice from the room, but I couldn't get over the overall condition. I was afraid to have my family stay in this motel. I would consider this place to be an overpriced dive. I would advise people to consider looking further. We found a different place, for the 3 nights, on the beach, no steep stairs, clean and secure for only a few dollars more. It was worth every penny.

• Liked — view
  • Disliked — smell
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

billings
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2007

We traveled from Billings Mt to ffind out they had lost our reservations. They offered us a room for two nights but for friday and saturday we were out of luck! We checked the room out and it was very cramped, smelled like urin and mold. There was not even addiquite parking so in a way we were glad they lost our reservations!

• Liked — That we did not stay!
  • Disliked — The rooms and staf.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Central Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2007

We stumbled across the Hideaway - it is kind of hidden at the end of a road and doesn't look like much at first. But the building spills down a hillside where there are six different units, each one with its own unique decor and personality. I believe we stayed in the "Crows Nest" (unit 1). Our room was very clean, cozy and home like. Movies were available to rent at the front desk but we were happy with the cable TV. We used the kitchen appliances with no trouble. My favorite part was a little diary kept in the room for visitors to write in. It was very interesting and intimate to know who had also discovered this little motel, what their story was and why they had traveled to the coast. Via the diary we were warned the shower might be tricky, but we had no problems with it. Because of the crummy weather we were unable to enjoy the beach (even though it was so close!) but the view in the morning was just amazing. I was so surprised that they did not charge more for the room. The motel is located right in town so it was just a short drive to get a meal. Was a great experience and we will definitely be back soon.

• Liked — Cozy room
  • Disliked — stairs (but hey, they are good exercise right?)
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple